“Booked a room but they over booked my room amagin that”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I booked a room for me and my girlfriend 2 weeks before flying to Fl from NYC rented a car at the airport and proceeded to the hotel.
Tired and hungry from the trip, we get there finally to find out they are over booked. I spoke to the Marriott rep of the same hotel 12 hours before to request a king size bed and a high floor and I'll be arriving after midnight, she said no problem and we'll see you then.
I was pissed off, I'll never trust them again! How can any company treat a paying customer this way ??

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank tkndo1
roger_amidon, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2009

I want to aoplogize for the inconvenience you experienced upon your arrival to our hotel. We had an unfortunate under departure of a group the day of your arrival. We did attempt to make contact with the arriving guests and had great success with a majority of our arriving guests. When we are faced with this type of situation we do secure accomodations at a nearby Marriott Brand so that we can minimize the impact to our guests and pay for the nights room and tax. Once again I apologize for this inconvevience.

Reviewed September 19, 2008

I have stayed at the Marriott Palm Beach Gardens twice while on business. The first time I stayed at the hotel I was unable to get any internet signal, despite staying as a business traveler. This was quite a problem. After an hour and a half spent with their IT help desk I gave up. On top of that I saw several ants in the room.

During my second stay I was upgraded to conceirage. The room was extremely large, lovely and clean. The fixings in the conceirage room however left much to be desired.

This being said I would stay at the Marriott property again because of it's proximity to the business I travel to. The rooms are generally clean. However, I WOULD NOT stay here on a personal vacation.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank twilight43

Thank you for the compliments on the cleanliness of your room during your visits with us. I wanted to inform you that all 279 guests rooms have been recently renovated so the next visit to our hotel should impress you. We did identify the issues of signal strength for the internet connection and we have increased the number of signal points to provide better service. I apologize for the issue with the ants and I have contacted our exterminating company and they have rectified this issue. I look forward to your return when your travel plans bring you back top Palm Beach Gardens.

Reviewed August 26, 2008

This was one of the worst hotel experiences. Let me count the ways.

1) Pillows really stank.
2) Mold on bathroom walls - yech.
3) Everyone working in the hotel was from another country. Getting directions anywhere was impossible.
4) Got sick on a piece of key lime pie that stayed out of the refrigerator too long.

And, of course, the piece de resistance...

5) A smoke alarm that had a low battery. It thoughtfully provided a blinking light that went on and off all night long, creating a wonderful prison-yard atmosphere in which I got no REM sleep.

BAD, BAD HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank FUNANDGAMESTRAVEL

I apologize for the inconveniece you experienced on your last visit. We have corrected the problems that you encountered and have retrained the entire staff to exceed the expectations of our guests. I hope that you will give us another try. Roger Amidon, General Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2008

The hotel is somewhat below the Marriot standard, well worn and in need of renovation. The bar and restaurant were average as was the continental breakfast. I had a room on the 9th floor which had a musty smell, to the point I could still smell it when I opened my luggage at home.The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean. However, for a $249 a night stay I would of expected much better accomodations and ambience.

Location is great, the hotel is safe and secure, close to the interstate, plenty of shops places to eat within a mile of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Travelleramundo

I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize to you for the disappointing experience you had during your last visit. Since your visit, we have completed renovating all of our guestrooms. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try! Roger Amidon, General Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2008

The location of the hotel is excellent. The hotel has easy access to PGA Blvd, I-95 and the Turnpike. Legacy Place is nearby with restaurant options as well as the excellent Palm Beach Gardens mall for shopping.

Check in was extremely pleasant. The front desk staff member took an interest in our trip and was very kind. The hotel was very quiet as well. We did have a need to request housekeeping services the next morning and our request was promptly fulfilled. They even called back to make sure we had everything we needed.

The next night it appeared that a wedding was on; lots of people arriving. I did not notice any noise in our room however. There was a very slight drop in service - our towels did not get replaced that day - but when we called they were replaced so it was no big deal. Service returned to normal the following day. I think if one has a bad experience at this hotel its probably due to a big event or unusual circumstance.

My only real complaint about this hotel was that the bathtub was in a slight need of renovation. Not horrible, but not great. I would definitely stay here again though. The price was very competitive for Palm Beach Gardens in the winter as well.

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank SJ2007

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your last stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope we will welcome you back soon! Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. Roger Amidon, General Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for eighty dollars on priceline. It is business traveler oriented. The room was fine except for the old sagging bed that we slept on, which I was surprised at. There were even brochures to purchase the bed. This was not the bed that was being advertised. The shower had some mildew and I opted out of showering here. I didn't feel well and the hotel was kind enough to let us stay for another hour. Internet is an additional ten dollars. If not for priceline, I would not have stayed here. I would not seek out this hotel again but would be fine with paying around the same or less on priceline considering the area itself is pricey.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yngwie

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you had during your last visit. We have completely renovated all of our guestrooms so the issues you described are corrected. We do appreciate your business and I hope you will consider giving us another try. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. Roger Amidon, General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2007

Stayed here on advice from Marriott - gave my business a great rate, but charged $10.00 for every little extra that I usually get free.
$10 for internet per DAY, WHO charges for internet these days!!
$10 for a fridge or micowave!!! which comes standard even in the lowest priced hotels!!
Room was very small, AC was locked on 65degrees, which my party of 7 booked rooms all complained was a temp to warm.
No Breakfast, unless you were "elite status", and resturant way over priced.
And please - the 'overly friendly staff' just translated into very condensending and arrogance. So after paying for all the extras the rate, I guess wasn't that great after all.
Better stay at the other Marriott places, like Fairfield or Springville or Courtyard. I will NOT book any of my business at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience you had during your stay with us in September, 2007. We have adjusted many of our prices to be competitive with the other hotels in the area. If you are visiting our area again, I hope you will give us another try. Please contact me if I can assist you now or in the future. Roger Amidon, General Manager