“2-Night Stay”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I decided to enjoy a "stay-cation" get-away. It was wonderful. We picked up this hotel through Priceline and got a great deal. The hotel was clean and nice, however breakfast was pricey! Great stay, though, and convenient to Malls and travel to Worth Avenue in Palm Beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Nobahan,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant visit at our hotel with TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your kind words and am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our services and accommodations. I am certain you are very busy so to take the time to share your experience is very valuable to us.
We hope you will come and stay with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist you when making your reservations.

Deborah Carr

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I always want to be, and try to be, constructive with my reviews. In my opinion, this truly was a huge disappointment for me. I was expecting way better from a Marriott, especially in this area where which this is located.
Here is my opinion:
First off, the location is fantastic. It is only a couple of miles from the mall there, and only 10 minutes to the beach at most.
The hotels on Singer Island, are way to expensive for what you get, so we decided just to stay more off the beach. We selected this Marriott because of the location, and because I am a rewards member.
Check- in was very smooth, and the front staff was very professional.
The room looked fine, but as we got settled in, we started to notice some issues.
The bed comforter was extremely filthy, and had pen marks all over the main, top comforter.
It as well had chocolate on the bottom of the comforter, at the end of the bed, almost as if a child had wiped their hands on the bed to clean them off. It was pretty nasty.

The beds, are a complete disaster. They are extremely hard, and after a further inspection by looking under the sheets, they have placed an inexpensive cushion sheet on the mattress, which I believe is to soften the mattress. It didn't work. The mattresses seriously look like they are 20 years old. I'm sorry to say this, but it was a horrible nights stay.
The pillows were as well, extremely hard.

Rooms were an ok size, along with the bathroom areas.

Hotel lobby was very nice.
The price for my stay was $139, plus taxes.
I feel, in my opinion, it really should be a $89 or $99 room rate.
$139 is too high for this hotel stay.

*** best part about this stay was the location. We shopped at the near by mall, and went to the outdoor mall area called the Downtown, which was fantastic. We have 2 children, and they had a blast here. Great restaurants and if you do have kids, you can ride the outdoor train there, and watch the fish swim in the little holding areas there. It is very upscale and a very professional feel to these areas. We will go back again.

Hope this helps my fellow travelers!

1  Thank Serviceminded1

Dear Serviceminded1;

Your review is sincerely appreciated and you are kind to balance the good with the 'not so good'. I wish we had been able to correct the mattress comfort while you were with us as it seems it would have relieved your disappointment. I am very sorry that you found the mattress too hard and the attempts to soften it did not bode well. It is our goal to ensure comfort and I am not certain if we were in a position to offer a room move to correct this. We value our guests comfort and rest as a number one priority and we are very sorry that we disappointed you.

We hope you will consider visiting us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in any way I can.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Hyatt-one of these things is not like the other-kan u gess witch wun itiz?-At $151-$259 the Palm beach gardens Marriott at 4000 RCA blvd. Palm beach Gardens, Fla. you would expect at the very least a comfortable, refreshing nights rest, NOT SO! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and we are going to go a few rounds in the social media ring. I'm not sure who to direct this attack at, Marriott-there i picked them out of the lineup- or priceline. While I continue to $ave 30-50% consistiently with priceline It's important to mention that from time to time their star rating system breaks down and you get well, screwed. If the pictures below are those of a 3 1/2 star level hotel mattress then either the Chinese have taken over ( and we just haven't been told yet) or George Orwell and Jesus were telling the truth when they said in the end black will seem white and wrong will seem right! LOL-On three seperate occaisons and at 3 seperate Marriotts usually after waking up from a night of tossing, turning and being stabbed by a marriott matress spring, the staff always assures me that either this was an isloated room that slipped through the cracks or "we are renovating our rooms this week"!! all the while wearing stupid disingenous happpy faces as if JW Marriott and JR. were standing behind them with a cattle prod! I leave you with one thought, would the smiling Jackals who started this hotel chain actually sleep on the mattresses pictured below at a hotel which still bears their name in 2014?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sai M
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Sai M
Please accept our apologies for your poor stay with us. We were hopeful that would allow us to move you to another room to ensure your comfort but understand how inconvenient that is once getting settled in and I am truly sorry.
Our Marriott beds are generally very comfortable and enjoyed by many. I can assure you we have taken actions to correct the one in your room and feel confident, that should you return, you will enjoy a very comfortable Marriott experience.

Your time to send us your comments is sincerely appreciated.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here January 3rd 2014. I was in town with my 83 year old Mother and rented two rooms. I asked for a low floor and that the rooms be close to each other. They ended up across from each other which was fine, but my Mother's room had a view of a wall and a I had a view of the roof, staring at ventilation shafts. Both rooms had filthy windows that you could hardly see out of. Mom had a room with a desk in it that looked like it was put in there 25 years ago and was in bad shape. My room when you sat in the middle of the bed it kind of sunk down in the middle while the rest of the bed on the front and back flared up. I woke up at 1:00 A.M. because a spider was biting me on my lip. The place was a little dusty and the bath tub was filthy and not cleaned very well. When I woke up the next morning and pulled the sheets down from the bed to get out of bed, there were blood stains on the top sheet. They apparently didn't do a good job in the laundry. I did call down about the rooms after we checked in but after only a few hours sleep, and long flight, then a drive from Miami, we didn't want to change rooms, but we should have never been given these rooms, especially in the condition it was in. Mom and I ate breakfast at the hotel. The price for a limited, and I do mean limited buffet was $16.50 which was too high for what they offer. Mom had oatmeal that was suppose to be hot, and was cold. The bacon and sausage was cold. Anyways, when I was checking out I informed Lucas, the front desk man but he didn't seem to care, because he checked us out of the hotel without offering any compensation what so ever. I told him I would make my comments to TripAdvisor and also Marriott Corporation. Lucas said, well sir, you didn't give me the opportunity to make it right. I said to him, you already checked me out so how could you make it right, then I left. About a little over an hour later I am on the Florida Turnpike driving to Orlando and my cell phone rings. It is the General Manager from the hotel telling me how sorry she was and how she was aware of the rooms and how they are slated for an upgrade soon. She offered me 10,000 Marriott points and a coupon for a couple of free nights back at her hotel. I told her I would not stay at her hotel ever again. Then we got cut off because I was in the middle of nowhere on the turnpike so I called her back. I said to her that since your going to give me 10,000 Marriott points and a free two night stay at your hotel, why don't you just give me the points and refund one of the rooms from our stay. She said no, she would not do that. I guess these people are just desperate to keep your hard earned money for a service they were suppose to provide and didn't. I know Marriott will not appreciate the way I was treated and I have already complained to them. I didn't realize until I made my comments here how many people have written bad reviews about this Marriott. Please do not stay here. It has terrible customer service.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room at this location before you stay and make sure you stay on a high floor
1  Thank Robert N
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Robert N,

I would like to thank you for your review of your experience and that you recognized that we attempted to make things right for you. Hospitality is a personal experience, with each guest having their own expectations. We are very sorry that we could not meet your expectations and your request for money as compensation. When we have situations where our guest may be disappointed whether it be because of the view out the window or a noisy neighbor, it is our goal to bring them back with our compliments so we can provide them with what they originally desired. I am very sorry that you would not accept our offer for the two complimentary nights as I am confident that you would have enjoyed your time with us. As a Marriott Rewards member, an offer of 10,000 points is earned by spending $1000.00 within Marriott Hotels and considered valuable towards purchases and room nights. I regret again that you did not want to accept this offer either as it would be very beneficial to future nights at Marriott.

I apologize that you are upset with us and feel that we did not handle this to your satisfaction. My only hope is that you do not allow this to reflect on your impression of Marriott as a whole and to continue to select Marriott's for your future plans.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Once again I am at my Favorite Hotel, The Marriott in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
My wife and I are treated like family. General Manager Deborah Carr and her staff make sure that all our desires met every day. I love all Marriotts and their other brands.
I have been to Marriotts all over the U.S. and Europe. This past summer we stayed at a Marriott AC Hotel in Florence, Italy. Very nice as were the Marriotts that we stayed in, in Paris, Nice, Rome, Barcelona, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, New York City etc.
BUT none of these hotels compare to the Marriott in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Rooms are great, Food is terrific, Fabulous Gym and Swimming Pool etc.
You all should try this hotel if you want to have a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We like a quiet room with a city view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hello Robert G!

Thank you for your kindness! You truly make us all feel happy when we read such nice things about our service, hosts and hotel.
We look forward to your return and hope to be your 'home away from home' whenever you are in the Palm Beach area.

Hope you are doing well!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a very upscale area. It is not top of the line but a good value for the area. I've stayed here a couple of times and the staff has always been very accommodating. The rooms are clean and spacious. I was surprised to have a frig in my room this time, nice touch. The bar downstairs is small, but nice. Service is a little slow, but the bartenders are very friendly. I ate breakfast in the restaurant and opted to not have the buffet (which is a good deal) and my food was hot and cooked to order. Service was quick and friendly. Air conditioners in the rooms are a little noisy, bed was very comfy. Easy access to I-95. Overall, an OK place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor if possible. Less street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear MNTraverler13,
Happy New Year!
Thank you for your kind review and for starting our year off with your feedback. We truly strive to meet all of our guests needs by providing comfortable, clean rooms and caring and efficient service. I am very sorry to read that the restaurant service was slow and will be certain to correct it with additional staffing when needed. The Chef thanks you for your compliments and happy to know you enjoyed a quality breakfast!
Wishing you all the best in our New Year!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Checking into this hotel in a very nice, up-scale neighbourhood was easy. A beautiful location and hotel, and about the same price as the dump I stayed in the previous night in Homestead. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room. The higher the quieter. This hotel was very quiet, which is what I wanted...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TAPPER7,

Your review is the gift we work for! Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind thoughts. It is our intent to be here whenever you need us!

Wishing you a Healthy, Happy New Year 2014