“Highly adequate with a friendly staff”

Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
Nantucket, Massachusetts, USA
“Highly adequate with a friendly staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is about three miles from the beach and only one mile from the elegant mall in Palm Beach Gardens. The staff is cordial and friendly. The room had all of the amenities: safe, HDTV, a soft but comfortable bed and easy chair and desk. A "dorm" refrigerator was delivered to us on request shortly after arrival. Although the room had a sliver of a balcony, the sliding glass door had been secured shut, a minor disappointment. The pool and hot tub received sun for most of the day. The elevators were quick although they needed a renovation. The lobby was attractive. The breakfast delivered by room service was very good and plentiful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Boeingbound;

It was a pleasure to read your review and I thank you for your kind words. It is always a rewarding feeling to know that our guests have left with a positive experience and they have enjoyed their visit.

Our Associates will be happy to know that they made your stay pleasant. Our designers are coming to visit the hotel next week, and I can assure you that our elevators are the Number One concern!!

Best Regards........... we hope you will visit with us again!
Deborah Carr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having been a bit unimpressed on our prior visit to this hotel several years earlier, we bypassed it on recent trips to South Florida. We decided to give it another try on our latest visit and were pleased to see the hotel appears to have been recently renovated. Our room and all public spaces were fresh and clean however I found sleep to be less satisfactory due to an incredibly hard and small pillow. There were actually three pillows on the king sized bed and, to be fair, one was perfectly fine. Unfortunately it had been commandeered by my son who was soundly sleeping when I turned in. Assuming all pillows were equal, I left him alone and ended up with a very stiff neck in the morning. The hard pillow also resulted in my waking up at 5:30am and hearing traffic on adjacent I-95 which runs close to the hotel. Fortunately my travel fans drowned out much of the traffic noise though it still was audible. I have stayed at other hotels close to expressways and have found them to have far better soundproofing. I advised the front desk clerk about the pillow upon checkout and she somewhat apologized though that was about it. Had I turned in before midnight, I would have requested another pillow but was not going to do so at that hour. I'm very disappointed that this hotel had 3 large decorative pillows on the bed but couldn't manage more than one acceptable sleeping pillow. The pillow issue is what separated this from being a 4 star property though traffic noise is another factor.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room location so I'm not sure you can dodge the traffic noise. Be sure to c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SilverStar092
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel in general and the service. We completed our lobby and restaurant renovation in August and have been receiving very nice feedback and thank you for yours.

However, I am very sorry that we disappointed you regarding our pillows and your sleep was not as comfortable as your son's sleep. Please know that our staff is available 24 hours a day and will always be available to assist our guests with their needs. Please accept our apologies for the this and hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to demonstrate our guest care standards to you at that time.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I can't think of a single negative thing to write about this hotel. On our last business trip we were able to get a great corporate rate, the staff was very nice/helpful, and the rooms were fine (standard). The fitness center was above average --- size and equipment.

We'd stay there again if we head back that way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Berentski
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear 'Berentski'

Thank you for your kind review. It is so rewarding for us to know that our guest leave here with a smile from us, a great nights sleep and an overall good stay. We do hope you will think of us when coming this way in the future.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is/was the 2nd time my family and I stayed at this Marriott, we were here last year too. We are very happy with the staff and building and general operation of the Marriott! The building is spacious, clean and neat. The gym by the pool well equipped, and though I noted how "small" it was I reminded myself that this is a gym at a hotel, not a GYM! It did have 5 treadmills, 4-5 elliptical machines (along with personal TV screens and headsets), a good set of dumb bells, and for what a traveler needs it is great! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay!
Despite some of the negative feed back about little fridges, color of walls... Seriously? Relax, take a breath!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Deborah C, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear John R;

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. Your kind words are motivating and our entire team appreciates it.
I am glad to know that our fitness center (we know we can't compare to a true gym!) has the important equipment that allowed you to continue your daily regiment. Please let me know if we are missing any of the basics and I will be sure we get it!

We hope you will return and visit us again.
UK
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

4 nights on business. Staff are the real asset from my free upgrade to a mini suite right through the events staff and the lovely lady who made my latte every day ! Location demands a vehicle, the lobby is nice but the rooms are a little tired as is the gym and pool area. But at
$100 a night this is great value. Nearby are the downtown restaurants and garden mall.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear YachtieUK;

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. I have made certain that our team members are aware of your kind words and that you appreciated their efforts to make your visit enjoyable. The 'latte lady' Lara, says Thank You!!

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel in Palm Beach Gardens in Florida. The staff was very friendly, polite and professional. The check in process was a breeze. We were given 2 adjoining room. The rooms were spacious and fairly clean. The bath rooms were adequate. The towels and linen appeared to be clean. We stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a wedding at the near by Singer Island. Our stay was pleasant and hassle free. Breakfast was expensive but parking and WiFi in the room were free.

Room Tip: This is an average Marriott Hotel in a good location for our needs. I will stay here again when I a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Farhad A,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your visit with us at the Palm Beach Gardens Marriott. We appreciate you choosing us for your 'home' while in PBG and glad to know you were here for a happy occassion.

Our guests comments are the true representation of our successes and failures and we are proud to know we provided you with a good stay.

We hope you will consider visiting us again when returning to Palm Beach Gardens.

Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Entering the room, the mustard colored walls provided the first sign that the room was dated. A tiny, dirty fridge was on the floor at the foot of the bed so I could only get to the bed from one side of the room. The miniscule fridge was completely useless, not only because I would have kneel down on the floor to put anything in it, it was so beat up and dirty, I wouldn't put anything in it anyway. The bedskirt had stains and the legs of the tables were broken. I tried to move a poorly placed table only to find the leg was not secured and fell off when I picked the table up. I put it back in place, asked to have it fixed- or replaced- but nothing ever happened. The workstation was jammed up against the curtains and could not be moved, making the work area about the size of an elementary school desk. The couch had stains and holes in the cushions. I had hoped to swim but the bottom of the pool had a build up of slime, with big clumps of leaves and dirt. The food was not good- I would rate the food experience the worst part of the stay. The people were nice, the lobby is ok, but the rooms are just not up to Marriott standard. The extremely thin and worn mattress certainly was not the kind of Marriott mattress I am used to. Between the mattress and the continuous slamming of the guest doors, sleep was elusive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rasoprano
Dear rasoprano,

Please accept our apologies for disappointing you during your visit to our hotel. We are very sorry that you do not feel the hotel provided you with the level of service and appointments you have come to expect from Marriott.

I would be very interested in discussing your experience personally should you have an opportunity to contact me. It is important to us that our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and discuss our failures with our guests on the rare occasions that occurs.

Thank you for sharing your comments. It is important for us to know our successes and our 'misses' when they happen and I can assure you they will be addressed.