“PLEASE READ. HORRIBLE HOTEL, DON'T STAY.”

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on June 13 & 14 2011. Upon arrival we were given a room overlooking an air conditioner when we reserved lake view rooms. Once we got to our room, which was small, there was a hole in our room's wall stuffed with a kleenex. The air conditioning system is poor and is either blistering cold or leaves the room stuffy. The beds were hard and small with thin blankets/bedding. The condition of the bed was so poor that I experienced a great deal of bodily discomfort and felt tired when i awoke. At night, i could hear someone's entire conversation from inside my room due to the paper thin walls. The hotel's restaurant was horrible. The food was that of a school cafeteria and the servers had bad attitudes.

THE WORST PART: Upon leaving I experienced a horrible form of RACIAL AND SOCIAL DISCRIMINATION by one of the desk clerks. When I asked her if there was a computer and printing area in the hotel's lobby, she asked me where I had come from and directed me to a public library, assuming that I simply could not be a guest at the hotel. She didn't even think to consider that I was a PAYING GUEST of the hotel. Absolutely not acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank TheUltimateTraveler
HGIPBG, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to read and hear that your stay with us fell so far short of your and our expectations and the experience of our loyal guests. Our goal daily in word and deed is to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am so sorry that any of our staff or the hotel features and amenities did not meet with your expectations. Our state of the art Garden System beds allow each guest to adjust the firmness of their sleep on a wool damask cover with high quality duvets. The energy management system with our air conditioners allows a guest to personalize the room temperature they desire. I wish our staff had been informed so we could have assisted at that time. Our restaurant offers cooked to order egg dishes along with almost 30 different buffet breakfast offerings for our guests. I am sorry that our team members failed to show the warmth and gratitude that we expect to deliver to each guest.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience. My cell phone number is 561-324-5204 and I am here to be responsive to your concerns.

Steve Prial

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here for four nights while visiting friends who had recently relocated. Had never been to this area of Florida before so I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel and its staff are excellent in every way. The staff is very efficient and very friendly. The amenities are many and my stay here was very relaxing and comfortable. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2011

What a great hotel property. The location is very convenient and nestled in between the Gardens Mall and the Downtown Mall right off PGA Blvd. The hotel is kept up very well and comes with everything you would expect from the HGI hotel chain. This hotel comes with free internet, free parking, and a great fitness center. I couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Just finished a 7 day stay and for our purposes it couldn't have been much better. A relatively new property with a nice location in a Garden Condo area near their famous mall and best of all, a front desk crew that was the most friendly and competent we have ever encountered. They went out of their way to contact us before we arrived to provide us the kind of room we were seeking and constantly were friendly and helpful. I could go on but suffice to say that we wish all our hotel or motel experiences were like this. For this level of property, it rates at the top.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel for three nights and it was one of the nicest three nights I have had a any hotel. Where to start: The staff was friendly and efficient. Patrick at the front desk was great and offered numerous friendly greetings and was extremely friendly. The room was well maintained and extremely quiet. I especially liked the ability to adjust the fan speed on the air conditioning in the room. We also used the fitness center and the hot tub outside. Also enjoyed a free cup of coffee each morning outside in the pool area at some nice patio tables. Also within walking distance are two very nice shopping areas. Enjoyed breakfast at Toojays and a dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Both within a 5-10 minute walk. We'll definately be back!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This was a very nice hotel and the location was good if you want to do some shopping as it is right next the Gardens Mall and across a walkway to Downtown at the Gardens. We got a King Suite and it was really nice, but when you book the room, you are asked if you want to upgrade to several options, including a balcony, it kind of sets you up for disappointment if you don't get it. I called a couple of days before to see if I could definitely have a balcony and was told it "wouldn't be a problem". Of course, we didn't get a balcony or any of the other upgrades. I also booked a double queen for my two kids with the "Shop til you drop" promotional rate that is on their web site. The deal was that for $40 more a night, you get a $50 gift card to the Gardens Mall, so it seemed like a good deal. I called the hotel directly to make this reservation, so I could get a room right next to ours or adjoining. When I asked about the $50 gift card, I was told that they would both get a $50 gift card per night, which seemed too good to be true but OK whatever. When I called 2 days before arrival, I asked again if they both get a $50 gift card per night and was again told that they both did. This was part of their Christmas gift.

When we arrived we were given 2 envelopes, one with a letter good for 4 gift cards of $50 each, and another with an invitation for some free items at the mall and another $50 gift card. I wasn't surprised that there were 4 gift cards in the first envelope, it was what I would have assumed. When we went to guest services at the mall, they acted like they had never heard of this before and like we were trying to steal something. After much confusion and embarrassment they honored these cards and my kids went shopping. A couple of days later, I brought the other invitation over and they again acted like they had never seen anything like this before and after another embarrassing ritual refused to honor the gift card. I don't know why I was given this envelope and it seems bizarre that the Hilton has a promotion with the Gardens Mall and the mall staff don't know anything about it.

I am saying I recommend the hotel but with the warning to just book the room and no promotional rates, except maybe the breakfast if you want to eat breakfast there. And don't expect to get any upgrades, they won't let you know until you get there, and it seems like you probably won't get any upgrades.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Nice surprise at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Beach Gardens. Nice hotel, friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple