“Pleasant experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed one night for a girls getaway. The grounds were lovely, pool was fun, and lobby bar was a nice socializing spot. Front desk was friendly, beds were comfortable and room was very clean. I would stay again for 1 night with significant other so we could both enjoy more of the property including the golf, spa, driving range, and more. However, one night would probably be all we would need as we like to venture off property and would probably prefer staying at a hotel that's more centrally located.

Room Tip: We had a resort view room which was a bit dark as we were facing another part of the builiding, but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was here for a conference and everything about my stay was heavenly. My bed was comfortable, the room spacious, the balcony had comfortable seating and a table with lovely pool and lake view. The lobby with the bar was beautiful and such fun at night. The facilities for the conference were top notch. I would love to return for an actual vacation and plan to take my husband for golf and tennis. Fabulous experience!

NYC, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We just returned from the PGA this holiday weekend. We went there for a wedding. I have to say the place is absolutely lovely! The room was clean and extremely spacious. I loved how we had a little patio to sit on outside our door.
The Ibar was a pretty cool hang out spot. We had dinner at the Ironwood and it was very good.
I wasn't crazy about the clubhouse lunch spot. It was basic food that was extremely overpriced. We did not eat at the breakfast restaurant. The food was buffet and had been sitting for a few hours by the time we arrived. We opted to go off premise and find another spot.
The wedding food was ok. I can't say it was great or that I left feeling full.
All the drinks though made at the bar were fine.
The pool was nice too! I enjoyed lounging there with the lake behind.
We also visited the spa. IT was a beautiful space with friendly staff. I can't say if I would return for my makeup service, but it wasn't terrible.
The staff was great too. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely go back. It was a place that a group could have fun or a couple could relax for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was here for the incredible Dave Peltz Scoring School and stayed onsite. The downsides:. all aspects of the checkin were unpleasant - from the attitude of the concierge to the reservation staff not handing me my Interernet code and additional resort materials for the extra $25 per day resort charge. The room was nice and clean and about as far from the Dave Peltz school as you could get. No one could actually tell me how to get to the Dave Peltz school from my hotel room. Cafe Pronto handed us absolutely the worst coffee we've ever had. Prices quoted for tennis lessons and ball machine were inconsistent with what landed on my bill. The upside? Cafe91 the restaurant next to the pro shop - had amazing food and great staff. Tennis and fitness facility was great. Main pool is incredible. Resort is close to groceries and shopping.

Room Tip: Look at the room before agreeing to it.
Green Features: Not great environmental practices. Lots of plastic bottles and no where to recycle them except in the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

It is rare to come across a Resort and Spa like the PGA National that strives to provide the utmost standard of customer service and quality environments. If you're for a place to stay in Palm Beach Gardens then you need not look futher than the PGA National Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: All the rooms are splendid.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My son and I enjoyed the excellent hospitality of PGA National. The staff was excellent throughout the property from the time you walked in across each of the multiple courses we played. The facility was clean, friendly and welcoming. Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get away for a golf excursion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was here for a conference that included a round of golf. I also came a day early ot get in a round of golf. The hotel is beautiful and the golf is good. I played the Squire and the Palmer. The Squire was a little tighter and less forgiving but all of the fairways and greens were in good shape. The rooms were very clean and modern. My dresser had a drawer that would never stay closed. The staff was very helpful. I left my iphone charger at home but I had the cord. The front desk girl loaned me her personal power block! A friend of mine who lives in Miami and drove there bought me one at a convenince store. Very nice place for a meeting. Needs a better shop gift shop though.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Gardens
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#3 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gar...
#3 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,112 reviews
Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place

Been to PGA National Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!