“Nice stay. Great Beer and Burger Bash”

PGA National Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Friends had attended last year's Beer and Burger Bash and also stayed at the hotel. They talked about how much fun they had so we joined them this year. We had a great time at the Bash (great promotional deal) and later at the pool. The property was well maintained and the staff very friendly. We plan to attend next year's Bash.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for PGA National Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 13, 2013

PGA Resort & Spa is a complete golf resort. If you want to take a trip to play golf, and you can afford it, this is a great destination. Rooms and golf are not cheap, but the packages often are very reasonable out of season (January - April). There are five golf courses, one of which hosts the Honda Classic PGA tournament. There are several restaurants on the property and most are pretty pricey ($50-100 for dinner without drinks). Service in all restaurants, the Spa and golf shop was excellent.

Room Tip: There are room options. We had the standard room, which was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I spent our 10 year wedding anniversary at PGA National and enjoyed every minute from the friendliness of the staff, the room accommodations, the Spa (outstanding massage and facials), fitness center, golf course and poll area. The took exceptional care of us at Ironwedge restaurant and the multiple bars making you feel like a member of their family.....

My wife must have said a dozen times that she can't wait to return to PGA National, considering we were still there it must mean she was really enjoying herself!! A must stay if you want to get away or have an amazing "stay-cation"!

Room Tip: We stayed on main floor to avoid dealing with elevators - the hotel corridors are very long so you d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I found this hotel thru living social promotion, bookedthis hotel on a whim needing a mini vaca. Staff was very friendly! The supervisor was accommodating towards my son and I. I discoved when i arrived home i left my diamond and gold watch in bathroom at hotel, i called security and they informed me that they had it safe and sound along with my sons suit!! Its nice to know there is still honest customer service that still exists. We happened to be there when trop storm Andrea was in town so therefore we only could use the amazing pool once:( i was slighty worried since my son is 7 and became bored just going out to eat, we asked front desk if there was anything to do for familys in the hotel and she shrugged her shoulders and said there was a pool table downs...(the same receptionist was the least friendliest of staff) she also told me kids dont eat free when i asked about the internet's offer on there web site she saidwe already are giving u a deal so your son doesent eat for free!? Really made me feel like a cheap skate that i even would ask! Anyways we found the "pool table" that area is the bear trap, it wasent just a single pool table but had, air hockey, darts, x box and shuffleboard! Glad we discovered that area my son was happy then:-) thats a huge plus for families! The rooms were clean and decent

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I attended a conference at PGA National and tried the spa in the afternoon. While other areas of the resort are nicely updated, the spa was a huge letdown. Many areas were dingy with chipped paint, and the bathroom door did not even close! Finishes were so basic in the shower area: it looked like a low-end GYM's shower area. The salon and treatment rooms were nice, as was the waiting room (and they better be to support the prices charged), but the rest of the restroom and locker room desperately need an upgrade.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really enjoyed it here. We were here for 3 nights for a tennis event, and the room rate we got was very reasonable. Everything else here is pretty expensive, which is the only reason for the 4 star instead of 5 star. In my opinion, resorts would actually generate more revenue with different tiers of value in their restaurants. I'm way more inclined to hit up the high end on site restaurant if I haven't been 13 dollar martini'd to death. Once I spend 22 bucks on breakfast and 100 bucks at the pool, I'm ready to go outside the resort to eat dinner and have drinks. So we did, going to the Yardhouse which has above average food for a chain, the Thai place around the corner(excellent) and some place on the water that I'll have to find to write a review for because it was awesome. I'm an avid golfer, so the golf is great(I liked the fazio course the best) and the pool was nice for my wife. We would come back for the same rate, but we'll probably take our money for food and drinks elsewhere as long as we have a choice.

Room Tip: Pick a ground floor by the pool!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The PGA Resort is by far one of our favorite resorts in the world ( and we travel quite a bit to Switz, UK, ect.) The rooms are lovely and spotless. The staff is amazing and always friendly. The spa is a MUST! My husband is a golfer and it is also one of his favorite courses. The pool is our favorite spot and has a great lunch area/bar. The Ironwood Grill is fabulous... My favorite being steak and the lobster ravioli. We go as often as we can because it is one of our favorite vacation spots! I give you my word you will not be disappointed!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KathleenDesign
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Gardens
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens PGA Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Be...
#4 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and E...
#6 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

Been to PGA National Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!