“Gotta love the sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This resturant is in a great location and they have inside and outside dinning. The food is always good. Will continue to go there to ear.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I had our first meal at Asian Fin last week. We did go early (approximately 5:00 p.m.). The restaurant had a couple of other patrons in it prior to our arrival. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant. Our food was amazing. My husband actually had the Kobe steak with asian sauce and a side of noodles with alfredo. The steak melted in your mouth and the sauce was delicious. I had a large bowl of soup (cannot remember the name but it was a meal not an appetizer). You had a choice of steak, chicken or tuna with tofu for the protein. The soup was also amazing. The prices were a little high; however, you can easily find some items that are not high priced if you choose to. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank APicard0207
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We read the Trip Advisor reviews before we went and were wary of the "temperamental chef/owner" situation....but we were meetings friends on their 4 person Groupon. We probably would not have come here based on the reviews about this matter...however...we went. It is in a very popular area and the restaurant was full but we got a seat at the bar, then when our friends came, a table was available. Nice waitstaff and bartender, but restaurant is busy and acoustics maybe not great so it was noisy, but not terrible. Big menu...it is hard to imagine how big a kitchen would be needed to accommodate all of the items available on this very large menu. We had one salmon dish - very good. A sashimi which was good, though we live on the seashore and it wasn't the freshest we ever had, but it was acceptable. Three sushi rolls which were good though quite pricey for the amount. We wouldn't come here without a big coupon at the menu prices...everything is worth about $4-5 less than menu price. Beer was $6.25. Nice Asian decor. Would have felt a lot better if we didn't know we better not have any comments that would involve the chef/owner!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We used a Groupon and wandered outside my husband's comfort zone here as he is not a sushi person. I, however, adore good tempura and I will be short and sweet. The food was off the charts delicious. Not an atmosphere for children so go here on date night. Quiet, low lit,modern, and understated. Asian Fin gets an a+.

1  Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First off, I've eaten here four times and enjoyed it every time. This may not appear to be a lot of times, but I'm a chef so we don't eat out often.
Last night my wife and I sat down at the sushi bar and ordered a flask of good chilled sake and the Tuna Carpaccio because we have had it before and enjoyed it. This time they served me "tail pipe tuna" (#3 tuna that has been gassed, look it up). We both looked at each other and my wife said " Let's get something else." I told the waitress "Sorry, but we don't want this." No big deal, we started looking at the menu again. It was our anniversary and we were happy to be out together on a date without the baby.
Chef Yama came over and asked what the problem was. I told him that this was not what we wanted and we would gladly order something else. He became belligerent and told me he has been making sushi for 35 years and this was great sushi. I pointed out the #1 tuna he had in the Hoshizaki case and told him we preferred that instead. He told me "this is not the restaurant for you. You should go down the road!" As I was holding my glass of sake, he snatched it from my hands, took the menu from my wife and said "You leave!"
It is his right to refuse service to anyone. It is his right to serve any quality of seafood he wishes and it is the customer's right to send back any plate for any reason. But I have also been cooking for 35 years (Exec Chef at Ritz-Carlton, several fine dining restaurants in La Jolla, Aspen and South Florida, as well as 5 years with Inland Seafood in Atlanta), so I know a little about fish and how to ensure customer satisfaction.
My wife and I were a little stunned at first, then laughed and went to see TIm and Jenny at Coolinary Cafe (cool folks and good food). My wife made an observation that maybe he was embarrassed he got caught and didn't know what else to do but kick us out. Maybe he had bad day. Either way, we are now looking for a decent sushi place in Jupiter.

5  Thank chefalain_123