My wife, young son and myself stayed at The Breakers for 2 days in July 2010. We decided to end our 2 week Florida vacation on a high note and we are so glad we did. We had researched several hotels for the Palm Beach area on Trip Advisor and the concensus was always the same, if you go, stay at The Breakers.
Amazing customer service is everywhere. Anytime we would pass any member of the hotel we were always warmly greeted. From the time we arrived at the valet to the moment we left, there was no doubt that everyone wanted to make your experience as wonderful as possible.
The hotel is very opulent and very awe inspiring. It is very easy to see that much pride is taken in keeping the hotel beatiful at all times. They have an enourmous flower arrangement by the front desk that was pure heaven to smell each time we passed it. The main lobby furniture is extra large and luxurious and I swear they had a seat for every person in that hotel.
Our room was very well appointed. We came to discover that our room was on their un-renovated floor, but you never would have guessed it by how beautifully maintained the room was. There wasn't a single scuff mark on any of the walls, not even in the closet. The room was fresh and inviting and while the bathroom was a touch small the very large windows made the bathroom seem much larger. The mattress and linens were first class and very soothing at the end of a long day. The only issue we had with our room was a slightly off-putting smell that emitted from a drain that was in the bathroom on the second day there. We called the front desk and spoke with Jennifer (Jen) and within 5 minutes a maintenance worker came to examine the situation and informed us that housekeeping would come to sterilize the drain. Whatever they did worked great and by the time we returned from the pool, the room was odour free. Jen left us a message asking us if the problem was fixed to our satisfaction. If not, she offered to relocate us to a superior room for the inconvenience and even offered to have her staff assist us in packing up our belongings and help us move. ABSOLUTELLY UNBELIVABLE!! We were flying out the next day and wanted to use the hotels amenities rather than re-pack so we decided to stay in our room. When we returned that night from dinner, we discovered that Jen had left a teddy bear and two toy ducks for our son on our bed...he was super excited. On a minor note, the pressing iron in the room should really be upgraded to a better unit. It lacked a cap over the opening where you pour the water and it made ironing very tedious, if you moved the iron too quickly the water would spill all over your garment you were pressing.
The grounds of the hotel are picture-perfect from anywhere you stand. The landscaping is breathtaking and the grass, shrubs, and flowers are always perfect eventhough you never see anyone tending to them. In total we counted 2 main pools, a relaxation pool, a toddler pool and even a lap pool. Other people have mentioned that it is hard to get a pool chair but we never had an issue and really with some many pools and chairs, it seems that if you walk down before 12noon you would easy find a spot. Although we did not rent a cabana or beach bungalow there were several guests that did and you could look in as you passed by. The bungalows were almost as amazing as the hotel rooms.
The pool towels were super soft and smelled very crisp and fresh. They even have water dispensers at every pool; the lime and lemon in the water dispenser give the water a nice light citrus flavour. The chairs and umbrellas on the beach are complimentary aswell so no need to bring money.
Now to the BAD!! Some reviwers on here have mentioned that the food at the Breakers is amazing and that they loved to eat there. For some reason we had the opposite feeling. We ate at the "Ocean Grill" and "The Italian Restaurant". First about the Ocean Grill. The Breakers Burger is $16 and only consists of a very unspecial burger, some condiments and some curly fries. You could get the same burger at any fast food restaurant. Our son had Mahi-Mahi on a skewer, while this originally sounded great, the fish did not smell or taste particulary fresh and was really dry and overcooked. I had the Turkey Club and it was quite good. Oddly everything was served on a very flimsy plastic plate. It might have been a marketing concept (leisure eating) but it just came across as appearing cheap. The Italian Restaurant was not much better. We ordered a plate of mussels ($15), a pasta carbonara ($25), a ceasar salad ($13) and a kids meatball parmigana (??) and none of it was really anything special. The mussels and sauce were bland, the carbonara was just ordinary, and the ceasar salad was lacking in both size and taste. For a 5 star hotel the food was 3 star at best. My wife and I have dinned at many restaurants and we expect that for these kinds of prices you would at least receive a meal with some imagination, flair, and complex food pairings. The service at these restaurants was top-notch and every server was quite friendly and helpful. The 20% automatic tip was a bit off-putting but the service was great so we would have paid it anyway. We did eat offsite by Worth Ave and were much happier with our meals there.
We will definitely stay here again in the future. The hotel, the grounds and the staff are just too amazing to pass up. Hopefully our dining experiences will be more enjoyable next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida