I stayed at The Breakers for a company function. I wouldn't have gone to the resort on my own in August because it is REALLY hot and humid. It was so hot that we couldn't even make it through a round of golf because the humidity drained us. The pool and beach are the best places to be. If you are staying at the resort in August, plan on thunderstorms every afternoon around 4pm. The staff is very serious about protecting guests from lightening. They make everyone completely evacuate the pool area and beach. They pack up the umbrellas and remove the chairs. The best plan is to get down to the beach and pool early.
Tipping goes a long way at the beach. If you want a good seat, tipping will get you one. If you want to leave your chairs and take a walk along the beach, tip the staff to ensure that you still have your place when you return. I saw one couple lose their spot even though they had left personal items on the lounge chair and asked the staff to hold their chairs.
The Breakers has the nicest staff I have ever encountered. Everyone went out of their way to provide outstanding customer service. I agree with the another reviewer about housekeeping. They seem to be the only department not highly trained in customer service. They came at odd times or not at all.
We ordered room service one morning. It not only arrived in a timely manner but the staff person delivering the food called from down the hall to let us know he was on his way. He said he didn't want to surprise us by just showing up at our door. It was such a nice touch. I wish every hotel did that.
The food at all the restaurants is pricey but excellent. They have some high end clothing stores and one sports shop. They have a surprisingly good selection of clothing and a great staff at the sports clothing store. If you want to shop at the fancy boutiques on Worth Ave in Palm Beach, be prepared for a ghost town. There is not much action and some of the stores are closed for the month of August.
This resort is wonderful. The Breakers is a grand, iconic hotel. It was a joy to stay there....even in August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida