The Breakers Resort Hotel is an absolutely gorgeous upscale resort hotel. You honestly would never have to leave the property because there is so much to do. The rooms are clean, beautiful and well appointed. We had an ocean front room which was well worth the price. If you are going to a resort like this you really want to experience the best it has to offer. The resort grounds are stunning. They have a beautiful spa, which we gifted a spa experience to my husband for Father's Day.
They have 5 different types of swimming pools. A lap pool and hot tub are the first you see as you walk into the pool area. You must have your resort key card with you as they have security that checks to make sure that you are a guest of the hotel. The next pool is a large olympic size pool that is for adults and older teens. We spent a day or 2 at that pool which was lovely. The next pool is a small wading pool for young children and then there is a low entry beach like pool for families with young children. Our children are teens so we spent our time at the final pool which is for adults and older teens. It is a quiet cabana area and is lined with palms and pergolas. There is a casual restaurant near the family pool that is very good. Outside the servers will come around and take drink and food orders. There is a Tiki Bar located in the pool area as well. It is closest to the Cabana pool area. They have cold lemon infused cold water at gazebos near the pool that you can get at your leisure. The beach area sits just below the pool area. The beach is narrow and does have chairs/umbrellas. It is a rather stone filled beach along the shoreline especially. But with a chair you would be fine. The water is relatively crystal blue. We chose to spend our time at the pool area but did take walks along the shoreline. Anyone on the East coast knows that the beaches get more blue the farther South you go. The staff and Concierge were very friendly and accommodating. There is a gorgeous bar inside the hotel as well as the most beautiful restaurant call The Circle with domed painted ceiling. Be sure to have the breakfast buffet. The Italian restaurant was very good and if you have young children probably your best choice. They have a supervised play area inside and it is enclosed with windows so you and other diners can enjoy dinner while the kids play after they've finished dinner. They also have outdoor seating.
For families with young children they have a lot of activities and day camps. They even have a couple of turtles that the kids can help feed. There is a small basketball court, you can play tennis or golf. Also The Flagler Steak House and golf course is across the street. You can easily walk to both. Palm Beach itself is a beautiful place to explore. Try some of the local restaurants and take a drive to look at the beautiful homes. There is lots of shopping as well. The Breakers is and will remain one of our favorite resorts and we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida