I just returned from a 3 day/ 2 night trip to the Breakers Palm Beach May 7. This place is truly amazing and we are already booking a July getaway. Like most other reviewers we typically stay at 5 star hotels when travelling (Ritz Maui, Ritz Cancun, Four Seasons, etc) but the Breakers is my new favorite!
Here are the pro's and con's: Rooms are perfect, clean, beautiful views (we even had an island view and loved the view of Palm Beach - chose this view to get a bigger room and glad we did so). Food is AMAZING!!! Highly recommend HMF!!!! It reminds me of one of my favorite tv shows, Mad Men...I expected to see Don Draper walk in at any time. Try the HMF roll and the Kobe sliders! Grounds are amazing, everyone is friendly. Love the shopping!!! Only at the Breakers do they sell a $250 straw hat for the pool / beach. They have a Lilly store, Ralph Lauren, and you can even buy a new pair of Tory Burch espadrilles!
Con's: EXPENSIVE!!! WE SPENT OVER $2,000 for 2 nights just on hotel and food alone (once you factor in flight and taxi to hotel we're looking at over $2,500. If money doesn't matter to you - then GO!!!!! Another con (to some), when we arrived on Sunday the place was SUPER busy... if you are looking for a romantic getaway be prepared to see lots of little kids running around. It personally didn't bother us - just don't expect an adult only hotel. One minor complaint - we never got a turndown service and had to call for more towels, toilet paper. For this kinda $$ they should do turndowns on the hour!!
BOTTOM LINE! If you have money, GO!!! This is place to see and be seen. You literally feel like you are in the 1960's Palm Beach era of pomp and circumstance. If you want to fit in don't forget your oversized sunglasses and chicest coverup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prestigia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida