We had a great trip to the Breakers (family of 4, kids aged 8 and 10). We stayed 4 nights in an ocean-front room. The hotel facility is beautiful. We were there between Christmas and New Year's, so it was quite busy, but the staff was very friendly and attentive. The front desk asked our kids names at check-in, and they remembered the names throughout the stay. Our room was large, quiet, very comfortable and had a spectacular view of the ocean from our balcony on the 5th floor. Hotel staff arrived each evening to make up the pull-out. We spent much of each day by the "Active" pool, which is right by short stairs to the beach. Lifeguards were appropriately attentive - and it was easy to go between the pool and the beach -- and always felt safe with the kids in the water.
We rented a car - but really didn't need one. Short, nice walk into town for breakfast and dinner. Our kids spent time at the children's activity center, which has a basketball court and playground, along with some indoor play areas. The kids also did a couple of the evening activities on the lawn -- glow in dark volleyball and soccer -- and had a really nice time.
Restaurants and service were all fine -- although we didn't eat dinner at the resort. One very small critique is that there is no outdoor restaurant or bar to eat/drink in the evening. Neither of the restaurants by the pools was open for dinner. The resort map mentioned an outdoor "tiki bar" on the beach, but I was told it was damaged in a storm and taken down.
Overall, a great family vacation (family voted this their #1 trip) - great room, pools and beach -- very relaxing, very kid friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida