“Spectacular & Extraordinary Property”
Review of The Breakers

The Breakers
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Spectacular & Extraordinary Property”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Breakers takes you back to a time when the pace of life was less rushed and stressful. This hotel is ELEGANT and probably one of the last of its kind. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the staff with huge smiles and friendly greetings. Walking into the lobby of The Breakers you can't help but marvel at the FABULOUS architecture & design. Our room was wonderful with a partial ocean view from the balcony. Absolutely loved the large and spacious bathroom. Definitely enjoyed the day at the bungalow (Gulf Stream #3) where you could either sit inside and read or watch television or sit outside and enjoy the weather. Our concierge, Aaron, was GREAT and very attentive. The Breakers has an INCREDIBLE spa on the premises and I booked a facial with Terri. In one word it was WONDERFUL. I then received a FREE makeover from Sylvia at the Guerlain boutique in the Lobby. Everything was so relaxing, nothing was rushed and the attention/pampering was FANTASTIC. We ate on the premises at The Beach Club for breakfast, overlooking the ocean, and The Seafood Bar for dinner. Each and every meal was DELICIOUS. The staff at The Breakers was gracious and very attentive. Needless to say, I really LOVED my stay at this HISTORIC hotel. (Oh yea, if you get the chance take the tour of the hotel with Mr. Ponce. He seems to know everything about The Breakers.) I don't know when but I hope to return to The Breakers in the near future for another AMAZING stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CoLor349

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was a first class place. Rich with history, great location, wonderful staff, and beautiful. The rooms were well appointed. Being there felt as though you were in Europe. The views were incredible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Impeccable hotel! Immaculate room, great food at the seafood bar. Great bed and many pillows! The room is quite spacious and the big screen tv a plus. One drawback...hot water took a while in the shower. Great landscapes and 500 parrots on the property. Great beach and pool with jacuzzi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Breakers is seriously the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. I've been there about five or six times for work-related gatherings, and I'm consistently impressed.

The rooms and bathrooms are very good (many of the bathrooms have a tv built into the mirror over the sink -- quite cool). (I have to say, however, that I'm not crazy about the rooms with ceramic floors -- too cold). Maid service is also very good.

The public spaces are beautiful -- with high ceilings and a very Old World feel.

The pool area is great -- there are at least four pools, including a lap pool. Lounge chairs, towels, and ice water are readily available -- at least most of the time.

The place is very well-maintained overall. I don't know how many people work there, but it is a lot. One gets the feeling that the ownership/management is truly committed not only to maintaining the property but to improving it.

The downside, of course and not surprisingly, is that it's expensive -- the restaurants especially. If you want to save some $$, there are a few restaurants on nearby Royal Poinciana Way (about a ten minute walk) that are generally acceptable to good -- and significantly cheaper than those at The Breakers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

You are right on the ocean with huge windows covering that whole wall. The room was spacious and well appointed. The hotel is a splendor from bygone years. The renovations they have made really kicked it up a notch. The hotel staff was without exception warm and friendly. The restaurants were a mixed bag. The Flagler steak house was our favorite. The seafood bar had a great view and ambiance.

Room Tip: Oceanfront are a notch above all the other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For sheer architectural beauty and history this property is a classic. But you don't sacrifice anything to be able to appreciate the elegance. Our room is huge, with comfy beds, gigantic bathroom, ocean view. And still have flat panel TV, wi-fi, plenty of amenities.
Yes, some of the hotel is being renovated, but the Circle restaurant itself is open. Seafood Bar and Grill has wonderful choices all times of the night. And even offsite restaurant choices are an easy walk or short cab ride away.
Very friendly, helpful staff. Plenty of areas inside and outside to relax with a cup of coffee or have a quick sandwich. And if you forgot to bring something - lots of shopping choices.
I just love looking at the opulent ceilings! Lucky for me I 'had' to come for business. I would choose to return any time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This review is almost 2 years old, but I just came across my pics and realized I never reviewed at the time. I tagged along with hubby on a 4 day work conference in Dec. 2010. His father had always told him, if you have to travel anywhere for work, never turn down The Breakers, and luckily we were given the chance to do so. What a few days it was. Upon stepping into the hotel, we were blown away by the holiday decor. The lobby was stunning with huge trees one after the other, adorned in the most beautiful ornaments. Everywhere you went, there were holiday decorations, it was beautiful. Our room, albeit rather small, did have a view of the beach/ocean, which was very nice. I would have liked it if the window opened though for some fresh air. Since I wasn't traveling with our little ones, I spent most of my days at the Serenity pool, which was very relaxing. Had a gorgeous view of the ocean and 2 hot tubs. The other pools looked great and had I had my kids with me, we definitely would have used the more family oriented pool. Everyone we came into contact with were super nice. We loved the Seafood bar with the amazing views and the super cool aquarium bar!! I took a pic for my kids. The events put on for the seminar were unreal, all top notch! I don't know if the outdoor tiki bar is still open, but we went there one afternoon and had drinks with other people from his conference, some random couples that were very friendly, and a few celebs, due to the celeb wedding that was taking place there during our stay. That was a whole other thing. There was a celeb wedding, an actress and NY Yankee, and while enjoying this beautiful hotel, we also got to star-gaze. I was impressed that the hotel didn't shun us "regular" guests for all the activities. They didn't bother us when we were walking through the rehearsal cocktail reception (which was amazing), nor did they turn people away from the Tapestry Bar when the entire wedding party/guests clogged it up one night. This place is top notch, and yes, your wallet knows this. If we're ever offered the chance to attend another conference there, we certainly couldn't turn it down!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
No photo provided
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!