The Breakers is seriously the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. I've been there about five or six times for work-related gatherings, and I'm consistently impressed.
The rooms and bathrooms are very good (many of the bathrooms have a tv built into the mirror over the sink -- quite cool). (I have to say, however, that I'm not crazy about the rooms with ceramic floors -- too cold). Maid service is also very good.
The public spaces are beautiful -- with high ceilings and a very Old World feel.
The pool area is great -- there are at least four pools, including a lap pool. Lounge chairs, towels, and ice water are readily available -- at least most of the time.
The place is very well-maintained overall. I don't know how many people work there, but it is a lot. One gets the feeling that the ownership/management is truly committed not only to maintaining the property but to improving it.
The downside, of course and not surprisingly, is that it's expensive -- the restaurants especially. If you want to save some $$, there are a few restaurants on nearby Royal Poinciana Way (about a ten minute walk) that are generally acceptable to good -- and significantly cheaper than those at The Breakers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1896, The Breakers remains one of America’s legendary resort destinations. Renowned for its seaside glamour and world-class service, the 538-room, Italian Renaissance-style hotel resides on 140 acres of oceanfront property in the heart of Palm Beach. With unapologetic luxury, The Breakers indulges its clientele, whether couples on a romantic getaway, multi-generational travelers on a family vacation or large gatherings in celebration. Thanks to the gracious dedication of its longstanding family ownership, the iconic resort re-invests a minimum of $30 million each year in the property’s ongoing enhancement and revitalization to ensure that it continues to captivate its guests. Most recently with the debut of Flagler Club, an ultra-luxury boutique hotel set within the resort. Resort amenities feature a private beach, four oceanfront pools, five whirlpool spas, 25 luxury beach bungalows and a variety of watersports; a new luxury spa; indoor-outdoor Ocean Fitness center; 36 holes of championship golf, including the Ocean Course and The Breakers Rees Jones® Course; 10 Har-Tru tennis courts; a Family Entertainment Center; an array of on-site boutiques; and nine acclaimed restaurants, with settings ranging from casual beachfront to stylishly sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida