“One Night at the Chesterfield”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We recently spent one night at the Chesterfield Hotel. I thought that it was a lovely hotel.We were offered Sherry when we arrived. There were fresh flowers in the room along with candy, bottled water and soft drinks. ( No charge for these.) The staff was very nice.It was just beautiful and elegent. We could walk to the stores on Fort Worth Avenue. The town was exteremely quiet, of course, because it is off season. But, we had fun!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank TakingATrip
There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Palm Beach

Reviewed June 25, 2007

This visit to the Chesterfield Hotel was absolutely even better this time -- if that is at all possible!

I and my friend have stayed at the Chesterfield before and once again, neither of us can find enough great praise for this European-style boutique hotel in Palm Beach.

Yes, my room was a small old world type room, but as the last time I was here, it was really very nice; and again, the service was still exceptional.

The staff at this place treated me and my associate as if we were of Royal blood -- even better this visit.

The Leopard Room - a super nice place with a live band and a postage stamp size, but comfortable, dance floor. I especially still marvel at the super painting on the ceiling over the bar area -- NOT to be missed!

The staff in the bar area was super -- they treated us well, even though my associate had a bit too much to drink.

As I stated on my last visit, the Chesterfield is a place I have to highly recommend to anyone wanting to be treated better then most five star hotels.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SPKlein52
Reviewed May 20, 2007

This place is a real treat, especially compared to other hotels in Palm Beach which charge much higher prices. The rooms are ultra clean, prettily decorated and very comfortable. The service is impeccable, as is the food. There is a very pretty courtyard and patio, with pool and spa, in which to relax. Not to be missed if you are coming to Palm Beach and don't care for the Breakers!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank FLTravelingMan
Reviewed February 24, 2007

We visit Palm Beach at least once a year. This most recent stay at the Chesterfield was perhaps our fith or sixth. As in the past it proved to be most enjoyable. With the sole exception of a tired and somewhat cranky lady at the checkin the staff were terrific. We love both the pool and the leopard lounge. The young lady making drinks was personable every time we arrived for a happy hour drink and snack.WGL

4  Thank WGLwellesleyma
Reviewed October 15, 2006

Just got back from a weekend stay at the Chesterfield. We went down to Palm Beach with some friends on their boat and walked over from the marina to the hotel. I booked a standard room on their hotel site, which wasn't very much since its still the off season. When we got there I asked them if they had anything nicer in a quiet area. They gave us a room that was to be a small upgrade. When we went in there my husband noticed that the room was still occupied, so we went back downstairs to let them know. They were obviously embarrassed and immediately gave us a room which ended up being a large suite called the Flagler suite. It was spacious and obviously nicer than a standard room. The room was very quiet, did not smell, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was great. The hotel itself is an historic hotel, so don't expect new. The Leopard Lounge was great for people watching.

• Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank superhornet
Reviewed July 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed for 4 days for our anniversary at The Chesterfield. While the decor, service and overall vibe of the place was what I expected it should be, there were a few things that got under our skin.

That smell everyone was talking about, oh yes, it was there. The smell was really just a muskiness, as if the wood used to make the closets wasn't sealed or something. It smelled like a stuffy attic really. I mean sure you get used to it, but you shouldn't have to.

The other BIG thing was how -- noisey the place was. The walls are so thin we could hear our neighbors sneeze! We could hear stuff even when cranking up the TV volume, and I'm sure they heard us. There was always the housekeepers gabbing really loud what seemed like around the clock (and knocking on the door 4 times a day despite the do not disturb sign), and there always seemed to be a maintenance crew walking around banging this and that, moving this, bumping into you constantly on the elevator or holding it up. Friday and Saturday we expected music from the lounge to thump a little (as we caught on you could hear everything at this point), but didn't expect everything on our floor to be vibrating so much. The pool is right by the main A/C unit as well, so forget about any peace and quiet out there.

I'm not a light sleeper and I'm not oversensitive to this stuff usually. I go to rock shows, I and I've lived above a bar in Hollywood. But, this was not a good place for a peacful time if you are looking to not be bothered and to relax. This is a place more for if you have a group of friends or a wedding party and you are looking to get rowdy a bit.

• Stayed: May 2006
14  Thank karmenmonoxide
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I had thought about staying here for quite some time but always stayed at other hotels because I was swayed by bad reviews. Boy were they WRONG!

CHESTERFIELD Palm Beach is a first class, well-run, clean, comfortable hotel. Yes, the rooms are a little small but once you've experienced the pampering you receive from the entire staff you'll forget about the room size and want to stay forever.

The food here is exceptional. We ordered in from room service one night for dinner and the meal arrived in 15 minutes and was as fresh and delicious as if I prepared it myself. Just WONDERFUL! Also, I must highly recommend High Tea. I have never had a better scone...even in London!

When we arrived we were given an upgraded room. The room had a king bed and a small sitting room with a refrigerator stocked with COMPLIMENTARY drinks, they call it a junior suite. Our room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated.

This is a HISTORIC hotel, so if you're looking for a glitzy, impersonal and new hotel then stick to the large chains, this is not where you should stay. If you appreciate fine furnishings, superb service and the finer things in life then this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2006
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!