“An enchanting stay in an exceptional place!”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We were guest at the Chesterfield in Palm Beach in June, 2009. My wife and I were celebrating our fourteenth anniversary.

Our stay was exceptional. From the moment we pulled up to the valet until we pulled out, everything was perfect. They have a great team at the Chesterfield that seems to work well together in every area.

I am a pastor and in the service of serving others and I love to see a place that serves others with care and excellence.

The Chesterfield in Palm Beach, Florida is a must stop for all who love an enchanting experience when they travel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Palm Beach

Reviewed January 21, 2009

My husband planned to take me on a trip for my 30th birthday. Knowing how much I love Florida, how much I hate crowds, and that neither of us have evern been to Palm Beach, that was destination we decided to explore! Upon arriving to the hotel, we noticed that the outside of the building was a little dated (some wear and tear), but were very impressed with the staff and the hotel lobby. The staff is very professional and the interior of the hotel is very pretty. Once in our room (Blue King Room - see guest pictures), we were pleased with the decor and how clean the room was. Very Pretty!!! The Leopard Lounge is definately a fun place to people watch. You will see it all, especially if you have a few drinks and look at the ceilings! NAUGHTY! The pool area is very pretty and secluded! Since we visited during the off season we had the entire pool to ourselves every day! Had I known about the complimentary JellyBellys and Cookies, I would've made a dentist appointment in time for my trip back home! They also stock the fridge in your room (complimentary)... This hotel is very close to Worth Avenue and Beach. It's about a 5 minute walk. Getting to the beach or shopping everyday was a piece of cake. With the money we saved by staying here instead of the Breakers, we went shopping with instead! On a cloudy day, we toured the Breakers, and although it is grand and beautiful, we were more than glad that we opted for this precious private boutique hotel. The Breakers felt like a stunning and very beautiful conference center. My only complaint about the Chesterfield is that the stairwell had a cabbage smell to it! It was not nice at all, but it was only in the stairwell, and nowhere else. And it wouldn't stop me from going back in 2009! I'll stick with the elevators instead! As a traveler who visited the hotel during the low-season, I definately think that this hotel is great for a girls getaway (not "$ex in the City" getaway, but more low key with lunches and AMAZING shopping), a romantic getaway for a couple looking for a quiet private long weekend, or even if someone just needs to get away for a few days to just take a break from the everyday.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LizGreenwich_CT
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I really liked the style and ambiance of this hotel. The lounge had great dinner specials that were much cheaper than other Palm Beach restaurants (though still pricey compared to the real world.) The rooms were small and I was surprissed to find the rooms with two beds had twin beds and not doubles. Definately a great place to have dinner if in the area though.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2008

From the moment we were greeted with a glass of sherry and jelly beans to the afternoon tea and
laying lazily by the pool, every aspect of The Chesterfield was wonderful. The staff are very warm and assisted us in making brunch reservations at The Breakers(something not to be missed!!!). And the valet is complimentary.
Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The Chesterfield is a lovely hotel and the front desk staff courteous and helpful. However, we had booked for a Saturday night under the impression (from their website) that the Leopard Lounge & Bar was a hip & happening night spot in Palm Beach - wrong!!!
If you are looking for a cabaret night with the oldies then go here - we were also told off for wearing shorts in the lounge but allowed to stay if we didnt dance (fat chance!!!).
This place would suit the more distinguished older couple - think navy blazer and beige chinos!!
Also, there was a smell of cabbage in the hotel corridor in the morning - not pleasant!
On the plus side, its very pretty, great location not far from Palm Beach and the pool and spa were empty on Sunday morning - great for relaxing.
Leave this hotel to the older generation.....thats what we'll do in future.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dundee34
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We booked an executive suite for the first week in April for a family trip. It was my wife, our 1 year old son and me.

The hotel is ideally located about a block and a half from the shops and restaurants of Worth Ave. It has a quiet pool, full service restaurant and great valet parking. It is tastefully decorated (think old-school florals and stripes with flair) but it doesn't have the presence that some of the newer showcase hotels like the Ritz or Four Seasons. This hotel compares favorably with the Colony and Brazilian Court, which are also located very close to downtown Palm Beach. What this hotel has going for it is the level of service (Colony lacking here) and structure (Brazilian Court may be in better shape but the walls are paper thin).

Traveling with an infant is difficult primarily because children can be loud and messy. The Chesterfield welcomed us with open arms without a hint of pretension about bringing our baby along. And we were there for almost a week calling frequently upon house keeping, valets, room service, concierge, etc. Never the slightest air from the staff and they were always as professional as could be. For example, we would normally be in and out of the room all day going to the beach, Worth Ave, trips to West Palm, lunches, dinners, shoppping, etc so we kept the do not disturb sign on all day because we didn't want come back to the room and have house keeping there. On the first night I asked the front desk to have our room cleaned between 6 pm and 7:30 pm while we were out to dinner. Every night thereafter the front desk asked me if I wanted the room cleaned as I walked out the door and it was always cleaned by the time we returned. It was instances like this that made me feel as though I chose wisely, the Breakers or the Four Seasons wouldn't even known we were guests.

Another nice touch is that they have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies out in the lobby for you all afternoon. The minibar was complimentary. And the internet access was free. What a refreshing experience to have all these services included!

Second only to the impeccable personal service is the hotel facility itself. Don't get me wrong, the hotel could use some tlc, especially in the bathrooms but it is an old building that is essentially sound proof. Not once did we get woken up by people next door or above us. On the flip side, we never had to worry about if our son was loud or crying.

This hotel was perfect for us. If you are looking for personal service in a quiet, ultra-convenient location for a decent price and can overlook some of the hotel flaws then this is your best bet in downtown Palm Beach.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GreenwichMan
Reviewed February 22, 2008

This hotel is amazing! The rooms are nicely furnished with comfortable beds. When we go to Palm Beach, we usually stay at the Ritz Carlton, this time we decided to drift over to the Chesterfield and you get more for your buck. Dont get me wrong, the Ritz there is still amazing. We checked into the Chesterfield after a horrible day of flying with a 4 hour delay stuck in Atlantas crazy airport. We get to the hotel around 8 PM and just want to go to sleep. They checked us in immediatly only to upgrade us to the Penthouse Suite for no charge. They said that they received a phone call from corporate telling us that we were VIP's. We stayed in this amazing room for 4 nights. This hotel can be compared to the Beverly Hills Hotel. The 40s style theme with the cabana pool and the slightly rustic look. the hotel is very clean, the rooms are that of a 5 star hotel. If you are going to Palm Beach, you should look into this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled solo
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!