“Gem in Palm Beach”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Wilmington, NC
“Gem in Palm Beach”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Was on a combined business/pleasure trip to Palm Beach and originally scheduled to stay at the Breakers. Unfortunately they turned out to no be pet-friendly so some quick TripAdvisor searches landed us at The Chesterfield. Before we even arrived we had received an email asking for the name of our pet and as soon as we arrived we were all greeted by our names, including our Charlie. This is a small hotel but with many amenities. We enjoyed the pool and particularly my wife loved the close proximity to Worth Avenue and the beach. We were treated royally the entire stay and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GlenW57
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear GlenW57,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us at The Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the service we are proud to deliver. It was a pleasure to meet you and your adorable dog, Charlie.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Natalie Le Clerc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a great place to have a wedding! Everything went flawlessly. Greg Palmer is the best and goes way out of his way to make sure your event is memorable. The atmosphere was amazing, the rooms were fantastic, the hotel staff was courteous, friendly and accomodating. Greg's attention to detail was stellar, there is no way his salary could possibly be enough to compensate his efforts. He deserves a big raise or a bonus, what a fabulous employee this company has! Everyone in our party loved the event and had nothing but glowing comments. Our wedding was intimate (under 20 guests) and everyone left feeling like they had been to a very special event. Thank you so much to Greg and all of the staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank splourd
Dear splourd,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for your event, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear how wonderful everything was for your wedding. It was a pleasure to serve you and all of your guests. I will be sure to pass along the comments to Greg Palmer and the rest of the staff.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for one night and thought the reception, bar and restaurant excellent. The staff are very friendly and a gat atmosphere. The one negative was the room- very small and lots of furniture and no room for even a bedside table. The bathroom was very small but had everything you need. The walls are also quite thin and noise could be an issue. Having said that, would definitely stay again, but in a different room.

Room Tip: Room 302 was tiny and had a view of the air conditioner units!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Justonemoreholiday
Dear Justonemoreholiday,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for your recent visit to Palm Beach, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will return. Please be sure to call the hotel directly when making your next reservation so that we can go over some of the other room types we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Albany, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The staff at The Chesterfield were very accomodating. Taxi arrangements were made for me for travel to my conference and the taxis were always on time. The staff would remind me of future taxi arrangements so I always knew when I had to leave the hotel for my conference. The staff provided me with guidance on trips during "down" time. The restaurant at the hotel was also very good and I recommend it to business travelers who want a great meal with peace and quiet after a day of work. The hotel itself is nestled in a relatively quiet area of town which makes it a nice retreat. I recommend it highly to anyone who is travelling to the Palm Beach area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Corinne1331
ChesterfieldGM, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Corinne1331,

Thank You for choosing The Chesterfield Hotel for recent business trip to Palm Beach, and also for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to read that the staff was so accommodating and we were able to make it very easy for you to get around the area. It is always nice to hear from a business traveler such as yourself how much you enjoyed your stay.

We hope business will bring you back to the area or even a leisure stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband recently hosted a last-minute business meeting at this lovely hotel on Palm Beach. Greg Palmer, the Catering Director, literally went to work setting up the room my husband had requested, along with a menu, i just a few hours! My husband returned home last night just raving about how everything had been arranged for this small, working dinner meeting. Of course, we should not have been surprised, as Greg Palmer was also in charge of all of the arrangements relating to my husband's 60th birthday celebration at The Chesterfield five years ago, which was just flawless! At that time, we had secured some rooms in the hotel relating to the party. Greg even made certain that there were accommodations for pets in the guest room. Although we had only reserved a section of the dining room for my husband's party, the service was impeccable, as was the attention to detail. We had met with Greg in November, (the party took place in mid-February) and we were given a choice of the wines we would prefer, even if they did not appear on the hotel wine list. Again, Greg did not disappoint and he special ordered what we had chosen. We live in WPB and we often run over to enjoy dinner al fresco in the courtyard of the Chesterfield with our pets. I think it says a lot that we see the same staff members at The Chesterfield, year after year, which certainly adds to the comfort of returning there.

Room Tip: The Chesterfield has a few "theme" decorated rooms, which are lovely, however, all of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mimi538
Dear Mimi538,

I am absolutely delighted to hear that your husband enjoyed his recent business trip to us at The Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. I am delighted to read that Greg went above and beyond for this event and I will be sure to pass this on to him.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the impeccable service and the attention to detail. We feel we are a “Home away from Home” for many people and we appreciate your business.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is my second stay at the Chesterfield and everything was perfect. My room was exactly as promised. My first night I met the bartender John who makes a great cosmopolitan and was great company as I was waiting for my friends. Friday the day was spent at the beautiful pool area. It is one of the most peaceful places. This establishment goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome. I look forward to my visit again next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kirbdo
Dear Kirbdo,

I was so happy, that once again, you enjoyed your stay with us at The Chesterfield, Palm Beach.
We try our very hardest, as a team, to ensure that all of our guests only ever receive the very best service and facilities so I was delighted that we have met your expectations once again. I have passed on your kind words to John and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Chesterfield lives up to its reputation of being a friendly, intimate and reasonably priced English style hotel. Nestled in the heart of Palm Beach, only minutes walking from Worth Ave, this is a little gem. Great common rooms, pool, and restaurant-bar. The Leopard Lounge and Bar is beautifully appointed. The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner is excellent, as is the service. The bartenders are the friendliest bartenders I have ever encountered. Music every night, and the patrons are not afraid to to get up and dance. Lots of oldsters having a good time, but many younger folks as well. The guest rooms are small, as is common with English hotels, but beautifully appointed. I highly recommend this hotel over any others in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WallytheK
Dear WallytheK,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach. Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words. I have passed on your comments to our bartenders. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,169 reviews

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!