I'll preface by saying, I've used trip advisor in past before as a reader, but don't often have the time to review places myself. Sure, I've done my share of Yelp reviewing to complain about a place that just deserved it, but to be compelled to review a place because of how great it is, takes a whole lot.
TL;DR (too long didn't read) - The Chesterfield is an absolute gem in Palm Beach. For the value, especially it cannot be beat. Don't hesitate, book now for a fantastic boutique experience.
Now for the longer version. I was in PB with my lady for a friend's wedding. Mind you, maybe one of the more extravagant weddings, so we went in to the trip wanting to meet the level of luxury on every front. I was disappointed that The Breakers, where the wedding party was held, and most of the wedding's 300 guests were staying, would not offer me the group rate for the entire weekend. Only one of the days... Still it was pricey, and just didn't seem worth the 400 or so a night they wanted. I scanned all the other options that the wedding party recommended. I was hesitant to book at the Chesterfield, especially given the rate as compared to the other options. To our absolute delight, this place knocked our socks off. If you're coming here expecting the 4 Seasons, it is not, but that style of hospitality is so yesterday.
The Chesterfield is a super charming, detail oriented, jewel. The staff could not have been more genuinely happy to help, smile, be of service... The food (only had bfast) in the courtyard was perfect. The pool area was tidy, the lobster sandwich at the pool was excellent. The room, while small, was clean and had cute details. The freshly baked cookies in the lobby upon check in smelled divine.
Honestly, I've stayed in some of the nicest place in the world... This place does it right. No pretention, no corner cutting. Small details are great, water bottles by the pool are free for the taking (sure not a big deal, but when you compare to large "luxury" hotels who look to charge you every which place, it's just annoying.)
When I got the airport I realized I still had my key (not a plastic card, another cool little detail)... I called Marlene, who was super chill about the whole situation, "haha" she laughed "no problem, just send it back to us..." That captured it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the elite Palm Beach Island, The Chesterfield, a historic landmark building, offers stunning European style and world-class standards of service from the skilfully trained team. Located minutes from the elegant shops of Worth Avenue and the tropical beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Chesterfield Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Palm Beach Hotel Palm Beach
- Chesterfield Palm Beach
- Chesterfield Hotel Palm Beach
- The Chesterfield Palm Beach Florida