“It's all in the details...”

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Los Angeles, California
“It's all in the details...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'll preface by saying, I've used trip advisor in past before as a reader, but don't often have the time to review places myself. Sure, I've done my share of Yelp reviewing to complain about a place that just deserved it, but to be compelled to review a place because of how great it is, takes a whole lot.

TL;DR (too long didn't read) - The Chesterfield is an absolute gem in Palm Beach. For the value, especially it cannot be beat. Don't hesitate, book now for a fantastic boutique experience.

Now for the longer version. I was in PB with my lady for a friend's wedding. Mind you, maybe one of the more extravagant weddings, so we went in to the trip wanting to meet the level of luxury on every front. I was disappointed that The Breakers, where the wedding party was held, and most of the wedding's 300 guests were staying, would not offer me the group rate for the entire weekend. Only one of the days... Still it was pricey, and just didn't seem worth the 400 or so a night they wanted. I scanned all the other options that the wedding party recommended. I was hesitant to book at the Chesterfield, especially given the rate as compared to the other options. To our absolute delight, this place knocked our socks off. If you're coming here expecting the 4 Seasons, it is not, but that style of hospitality is so yesterday.

The Chesterfield is a super charming, detail oriented, jewel. The staff could not have been more genuinely happy to help, smile, be of service... The food (only had bfast) in the courtyard was perfect. The pool area was tidy, the lobster sandwich at the pool was excellent. The room, while small, was clean and had cute details. The freshly baked cookies in the lobby upon check in smelled divine.

Honestly, I've stayed in some of the nicest place in the world... This place does it right. No pretention, no corner cutting. Small details are great, water bottles by the pool are free for the taking (sure not a big deal, but when you compare to large "luxury" hotels who look to charge you every which place, it's just annoying.)

When I got the airport I realized I still had my key (not a plastic card, another cool little detail)... I called Marlene, who was super chill about the whole situation, "haha" she laughed "no problem, just send it back to us..." That captured it all.

Stay here.

Room Tip: Pool overlooking pool was great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel was great and everything they promised to be. Attentive service, location, accomodations and more. Very quaint, European flare with sincere warmth and friendliness.
You can't ask for much more than that!

Room Tip: We had an upper floor, corner room which was quiet and nice. It was off season so you know how that...
1 Thank dcon1959
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

After nearly 30 years traveling on average 3 days a week, I am now enjoying retirement. Recently I had an opportunity to accompany my husband on a short business trip which I almost turned down since I've nearly reached my saturation point with travel and especially with staying in hotels. Fortunately, I decided to go along and I was pleasantly surprised with the experience! The Chesterfield Palm Beach hotel is one of the nicest hotels I've ever experienced. The overall ambience is exquisite and the location is wonderful. What defined it as one of the best is the outstanding hospitality. Each and every member of the staff showed sincere appreciation to us and warmly greeted us by name at every encounter. We were offered sherry and fresh cookies on arrival and that set the tone for the entire stay. We enjoyed the restaurant, bar, and pool areas. We will definitely be revisiting this spectacular place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield Palm Beach Hotel in June, 2012 to celebrate a very special occasion with family and friends. The experience was incredibly enjoyable. The staff was exceedingly friendly and hospitable makings all of us feel as though we were their personal guests in their own private estate. Marlene, one of the concierges, was absolutely delightful and so accommodating. She and "Uncle Billy" became best buds in a matter of a few minutes. We could not say enough about the rooms, the service and the cordiality of the staff. They could not do enough to make our stay absolutely perfect for the sepcial occasion that we were celebrating. We loved the Chesterfield Palm Beach so much that we are returning for business in Palm Beach and a long weekend at the Chesterfield. Look out, Marlene, here we come again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

great little hotel, lush close to worth ave walk to beach friendly and correct, will visit again... love off season service in restaurant excellent................................................ thanks for great time

Guaynabo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Did not give it the additional star for some lack of friendliness from some of the staff. Palm Beach is really a retiree town with little options for younger more active couples. Because we are considered (at least in Palm Beach - we are over 40) young, and we are not loaded with money, it may have caused some of the mentioned unfriendliness, but otherwise, everything was very good, and the hotel is in very good condition.

1 Thank Mikedoron
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Mikedoron,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us which helps us monitor the service we provide.

Thank you for your kind comments about the condition of the hotel and how “everything was very good”. We strive to provide the best personal service possible, and it is disheartening to learn that we fell short of our standards during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any staff member you felt lacked friendliness. I would like you to contact me directly @ 561-659-5800 so I may get more details.

Francine Boissonneault
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Turn onto Cocoanut Row & find this gem, tucked away on Palm Beach, with twinkling lights, a green awning stretched out to the street & complimentary valet to welcome you; walk through the iron gates & small courtyard to the lobby and you are instantly transported into this incredible European hideaway.

We escaped here for the weekend (and hurricane Isaac) and found no reason to leave until we (regretfully) checked out to go home. Here in this quaint yet lushly elegant boutique hotel, you'll live in grande style without enduring the annoying pretentions found in hotels of similar sophistication. We were treated like Royalty (with a cap R) every single moment. As we entered the stunning lobby, teeming with roses, the warm and charming staff greeted us and our dogs as if we were long lost relatives with delicious treats and pats for our pups. They assured us if we needed anything, they would be there to accomodate - and they were!

We arrived very late and tired and were happy to find the hotel restaurant & bar serving freshly prepared, delicious food until midnite. The bartenders are great; long-time employees who are happy & proud to be there with wonderful gatsby-style uniforms & amazing mixology talents. The late-night menu (different from the regular dinner menu) is a creative & expanded selection of options (no nasty bar food!) OK. I could go on & on about that meal. One of the bartenders again assured us that if we needed ANYTHING during our stay, the hotel would be very accomodating - and he meant it. With the period decor, uniforms & special service, we felt like insiders at a speakeasy. After all, this is a historic property, appropriately decorated with a nod to the 20's & 30's era.

Our room was, again, very European, very wonderful! The carpets, the window treatments, the linens, the bathroom, the french-doored closets, the soaps - AHHH - true elegance & comfort. So many gorgeous details!! The stormed howled outside but we were nice & safe in the quiet comfort of this cozy room with (thankfully) heavy shades that kept out the noise & light. (We had so much fun in the bar the night before, and the storm was raging, so we slept in!)

Breakfast was room service - another delight with mouth-watering selections & it was delicious as they had promised all their food is. Delivery was very fast too.

After our late breakfast, we sauntered down to the Smoking Room with the pups. It features a massive 10' high wall humidor, rich leather furniture, intimate groupings & plenty of places to prop your feet, watch the news on the big screen & check your email at a generous, wooden, leather-topped desk in a comfortable, soft leather chair. If you dont like smoke, across the hall is the Library stocked with a wide assortment of beautiful books, nice lighting & cozy seating. High ceilings, molding, flowers, & art are featured in common areas as well as guest rooms and give an overall feeling of opulence throughout the hotel.

Our second night, we decided to enjoy all their restaurant has to offer. This is A dinner & dancing room with live music every night. Swanky decor & Mob-Style, you can go incognito in a black patent-leather booth or swagger in studded leather swivels at the bar while you eat, drink & dance on a gleaming dance floor late every night. Fabulous assortment of gastronomic fare! Excellent wine selection! Fantastic service! We had such a good time!!! We loved this room & the people-watching.

I will say the pool area is very nice but we did not have the right weather to enjoy it. From looking at it, I'm sure we could have had another fun story to tell.

BEWARE: Everyone we encountered was DRESSED. We were completely underdressed, having grabbed last minute stuff upon evacuating the hurricane. But we were treated like movie stars nonetheless - no one seemed to care a bit.

I wish I could give this place 10 STARS - you really need to check this out. Who needs a passport to London when you can simply escape here? The employees take prideful ownership - the decor is impeccable - the sustenance is beyond satisfaction - AND it's dog-friendly! This is true English Hospitality at its finest. And we cannot wait to go back.

NO GYM but the staff has a connection they will happily set up for you at a nearby gym.
NO SPA but you're in Palm Beach - surrounded by spa-heaven.
NOTE***THE WEBSITE DOES NOT DO THIS PLACE JUSTICE.***

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the second floor with a king bed & for our needs at the time, it was fin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Suzi Q,

Thank You very much for your recent review of the Chesterfield Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope to see you soon.

Francine Boissonneault
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,138 reviews

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!