“Hotel of Luxury and Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chesterfield Palm Beach

The Chesterfield Palm Beach
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Louisville, KY
“Hotel of Luxury and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

This hotel is amazing! The rooms are nicely furnished with comfortable beds. When we go to Palm Beach, we usually stay at the Ritz Carlton, this time we decided to drift over to the Chesterfield and you get more for your buck. Dont get me wrong, the Ritz there is still amazing. We checked into the Chesterfield after a horrible day of flying with a 4 hour delay stuck in Atlantas crazy airport. We get to the hotel around 8 PM and just want to go to sleep. They checked us in immediatly only to upgrade us to the Penthouse Suite for no charge. They said that they received a phone call from corporate telling us that we were VIP's. We stayed in this amazing room for 4 nights. This hotel can be compared to the Beverly Hills Hotel. The 40s style theme with the cabana pool and the slightly rustic look. the hotel is very clean, the rooms are that of a 5 star hotel. If you are going to Palm Beach, you should look into this hotel.

• Liked — The luxury.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Little Rock, AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

When my friends were looking for a place to stay after our cruise in Miami, we knew we didn't want to stay in a boring chain hotel when there were all these neat boutique hotels in Miami. So I set out looking for one within our price range and booked The Chesterfield because it looked like a neat place right near everything. I had originally been searching for the Lily Hotel and Suites because of a mention in a magazine article, but later found out that the group that owns The Chesterfield had bought the Lily and combined the properties. I was pretty confident and excited about our choice until I came to this website and saw all the negative reviews. This was like 3 days before I was supposed to leave for my trip and needless to say, it sent me into a little panic attack. Then, I realized after looking at all the other reviews for the South Beach area hotels, they were pretty much all negative and I decided to ignore them. I'm glad I did. The Chesterfield was a neat little hotel, the rooms were very cool and we had a restful stay. There were a couple things mentioned in previous reviews that stuck out in my head and I would like to touch upon. First, someone mentioned the cleaning crew taking towels the first day and not bringing back more. This had me really worried because I hate drip drying just as much as the next person, it had me so paranoid, I actually packed an extra towel. The cleaning people did take our towels, but came back later that night to replace them. If you don't answer your door when they come back around with towels, you don't get any. It seems like they had just enough and no extras, so they would take the dirty ones, wash them and bring them back later in the evening. We did request wash cloths the last night and never got them, but I always travel with these Johnson's Bath Buddies that are dry cloths with soap built in, so it didn't matter much to me. The shower situation is quite funny, the whole floor is one concrete slab with a drain in the middle, so when you shower, the whole floor does get wet, we just put a towel on the floor outside the bathroom door to wipe our feet on and wore flip flops in the bathroom if it was still wet. Another design flaw is the lack of plug-ins. There were three of us in this room and we were constantly unplugging something to plug something else in, so a power strip might help out. We didn't have much problem with the music in the lobby like some people mentioned, we were in room 317, which was at the back of the third floor, but I could see where it might be a problem if you were near the lobby. We didn't take advantage of the free happy hour, but a really nice bartender, Josh, tried his darndest to get us to drink something and we would have been more than happy to oblige him if we weren't on our way some place else. No problems with checking in or checking out. My one major complaint was the valet situation, there is only one space for you to pull into if you want valet and if it's full, you just have to circle around the block until it happens to open up. We wanted to park valet and we pulled up one space in front of it (the only place open at the time) and they refused to take our car because we didn't pull into the yellow zone. There was a major break down in communication with the valet parker and some other guy who I assume was a manager type. So we went down a couple blocks to the parking deck someone mentioned in a previous review. Other than this little problem, we had a pretty good stay at the Chesterfield, just go into it with an open mind, knowing this is an older, historic building.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Valet
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Wrecsam, Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2007

A top class hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff, ideally located near to the sea and to the shops and restaurants on Worth Avenue. Palm Beach is ok as a centre for going somewhere else, once you'd seen Whitehall (Flagler's home), had some lunch in Green's Pharmacy it was time to cross Lake Worth to West Palm Beach for a dose of realism following the snobishness of Palm Beach. Don't spend longer than a couple of days in Palm Beach...they don't deserve your money!

• Liked — Plush accommodation
  • Disliked — Palm Beach
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arfon
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2007

I had to stay here for work for one night. It was a quick 10-15 min ride from PBI (the airport) late at night -- not sure how traffic would affect this. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All the drinks in the mini-fridge were complementary which was nice since room service didn't start until 7am (unless you were smart enough to order the night before). Though once I did order room service, it was very quick and scrumptious.

The room was clean, small and comfortable. The toilet didn't work too well, but I thought this might be one of those water conserving toilets that are often used on islands.

The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to the beach and shopping areas which is fine for adults, but may be a little rough if you are traveling with children.

• Liked — Charming personality of the hotel
  • Disliked — Older hotel without many updates including old locks on room doors
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank shirleynjtx
Palm Coast, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

Stayed at Chesterfield the end of July for 3 nights. We picked it because it was pet friendly, as we were traveling with our two small dogs.Nice doggy basket awaiting in the room.Staff was very friendly and tried to make it a pleasant stay. We stayed in the queen room ,which I expected to be small. I could even get past the loud pepto bismol linens and paint. What I couldn't handle was the extremely uncomfortable furniture in the room. Queen bed seemed small, pooled in the middle, and was springy. Everything in the room seemed a little "garage sale" passed off as European Style.I prefer comfort. LCD tv was nice, but just as I found at the Boca Resort, no High def programming (what's the point?). I only paid 125/night plus tax so maybe the bigger rooms are nicer.Overall ok, b/c pet friendly, but it could be really nice with some investment. It's Convenient to all Palm Beach and S. FL.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

My sister and I stayed at The Chesterfield in Palm Beach during the Fourth of July week and had a wonderful time. Everyone treated us very well and the services were excellent!
The food was out of this world and the Leopard Lounge is so elegant. If your looking for a beautiful place with friendly staff and wonderful food, this is your hotel. A quite retreat away from the big hotel chains and only three blocks from the ocean.
As this is the off season in Palm Beach, there were no crowds. We walked to Worth Avenue and took in all the beautiful homes and gardens. This was a perfect vacation for my sister and me.

• Liked — Beautiful room
  • Disliked — Didn't find anything I didn't like.
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank snowballOhio
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

My Mom and I had the pleasure of staying here this past Winter - location is top-notch and we felt very safe and cared-for. Loved the Breakfast and fresh oatmeal served in their beautiful clubby dining room. Great location - rented a bike nearby and enjoyed self-guided mansion tours. This is a place for beautiful people who like their privacy. The hotel is not a "scene" - there are plenty of places in town for that and after you've visited them, you'll be glad you are staying at the under-the-radar "ChesterfieldPB". The Chesterfield is as cool as a classic English Jag. Loved the Library Room with internet access - very helpful.The Front Desk Staff was especially kind and helpful. Hope to be back again!

• Liked — Residential location/proximity to Worth Ave
  • Disliked — All good
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,109 reviews

Been to The Chesterfield Palm Beach? Share your experiences!