The Colony Hotel(Palm Beach)
$212
$183
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
$88
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
$144
$113
  • Restaurant
Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Pool
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
$349
$205
Hotels.com
$139
The Breakers(Palm Beach)
$500
$470
  • Pool
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach(Palm Beach)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleopard loungeworth avenuehigh teared carnation hoteljelly beanslive entertainmentjunior suitesmall hotelhappy birthdaythe entire staffold schoolresidential areacharming hotelthird floortwo blocksshopping and restaurantscontinental breakfast
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Perfect in every way. We had our wedding reception at Chesterfield and spent the night. Every aspect exceeded our expectations. The service was splendid, the food was amazing, the ambiance in every part of the hotel is exquisite. The room was very spacious and breakfast by the pool was delicious. Special thanks to Greg Palmer for making our experience so memorable!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This beautiful hotel in the "Red Carnation" hotel group is designed with a wonderful and warm decor. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only downside is with the restaurant, the Leopard Lounge. Our pricey room rate included a "continental breakfast". We have traveled all over the world and this was the worst continental breakfast we've ever seen - the handle on the toaster was broken; they could not seem to keep a supply of cereal bowls on the table; offerings were cold cereal; bread, and a little fruit. There was no protein source of any kind - no yogurt; no cheese; no eggs. Anything else had to be ordered from the pricey breakfast menu.Hampton Inn does a nicer job with breakfast. Also, unless you are in the lobby between 5 and 7:00 a.m., you have to go to the restaurant to get your morning coffee. There is no coffeemaker in the room, and they remove the lobby coffee promptly at 7:00 a.m. We had dinner at the Leopard Restaurant, hoping that would be better than breakfast. Food was fine (not exceptional) but the drawback is that the bar, restaurant, and dance floor are all together in the same room. My husband and I got to "enjoy" loud disco music with strobe lights, along with the noisy conversation coming from the bar, while having dinner. Hotel is nice (and housekeeping does an excellent job) but the restaurant definitely needs work.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dinevine
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Dear dinevine,

Thank you for your very nice comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel beautiful, our staff friendly and helpful, and our decor warm and welcoming. I am, of course, concerned that the continental breakfast did not meet your expectations, and that you thought the music in the Leopard Room was too loud during your dinner.

We have just begun an "al fresco" continental breakfast buffet on The Courtyard for the high season winter months, as the weather is cooler and dryer and many of our guests prefer to sit outside. The toaster you referred to has been replaced, and we have added additional presentation pieces to allow room for granolas and other whole grain cereals, whole fruit in addition to the sliced fresh fruit, dried fruits including dates and figs, yogurts, and a greater variety of fresh fruit juices. (Coffee makers for our guest rooms are available on request without charge.)

The Leopard Lounge is a nightspot that is very popular with many of our guests. We feature entertainment there nightly, and while the music gets lively with guests enjoying dancing later in the evening we ask our restaurant managers to ensure that the musicians keep the music volume appropriately low during the dinner hours. I regret that this was not done in your case, and that as a result you were disturbed while eating your dinner. I have reiterated our standards to our team members so that this does not recur.

We sincerely appreciate feedback from guests such as you as it gives us an opportunity to improve and consistently meet our goal of providing only the best accommodations, food and beverage, and personal service possible. I do hope you will return and try another stay with us soon, and please let me know when you are returning as I would like personally to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

This hotel is not everyone. It is the perfect place for those who seek out small boutique hotels where location and service outweigh size and a plethora of amenties. On the ocassions when I visit Palm Beach for business I go out of my way to stay at The Chesterfield. The staff is amazing -- so welcoming and accommodating -- from Joseph at reception to Steve who provides excellent service at the charming courtyard restaurant. Yes, the rooms are small which is to be expected for a hotel that was built in the 1920's but it does have contemporary amenties including free WiFi which is so vital to travelers today. This hotel is a short walk to Worth Avenue shopping and restaurants. If you're so inclined the famous Leopard Lounge at the hotel offers great food, a friendly bar staff and live music practically every night of the week. Stay & enjoy!

Room Tip: If you book through one of the online reservations services you will most likely get one of the smaller rooms. I didn't mind considering I was staying there during high season and other large hotels were more than twice the price.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield this past week as I had business in the Palm Beach area and also wanted to take a few extra days to relax. As the reviews were good, I was very excited to stay here. The people at the front desk are terrific; Sadie was warm and welcoming, Tara went over and above to assist, as did Matthew.

In my opinion, there are some serious flaws which need attention. I ordered room service when I arrived and I had to call 3 times to actually get it to my room (there was some mixup). The following day I ordered a bottle of wine for my room and it never arrived. When I went to the Leopard Lounge for dinner, I learned that the waiter had forgotten to deliver it to me. The restaurant manager was very apologetic and charged me 1/2 of the price for the bottle. That evening, the fire alarm went off in the hotel around 2:30 AM. Apparently, they had a new system and it had some issues. That event is quite scary, coupled with the fact that it happened AGAIN 2 nights later! And the second event was much longer and louder. I was becoming exhausted.

Also, some of the staff are quite disrespectful. The person who delivered a replacement wine to my room (after the housecleaning staff removed it while it was still 1/2 full along with my orange juice), whom by the way was the same person who forgot to deliver it to me the prior day, told me that I should go to church and that someone must be wishing me bad luck and hate me for all the bad things to be happening to me. Who could believe such a thing and how can he blame me for the shortcomings of himself and issues at the hotel?? I was dumbfounded, to say the least.

The room itself was nice and clean, small but comfortable. I liked that I could open my window for fresh air, although not all rooms in the hotel are equipped to do so. The issue with the rooms is that there are air conditioning units in each room (as opposed to central air) which are quite noisy when they turn on and off. I found that difficult for good sleeping.

I also scheduled a massage (an outside person comes to the hotel) and she was very nice, however, when it was done, she told me that she only takes cash (I assumed the hotel would charge me as this was not told to me when I scheduled the massage). As I didn't have that much cash on me, after the massage, she and I had to drive in her car to an ATM.

The Chesterfield should really become more consistent with its staff (as some are wonderful and others should not be there) and probably give it's hotel more of an update as it appears tired (and now so am I).

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room and ask for a room where you can open your window. Also, the padded rooms apparently are the ones where they will not accept pets (according to a valet).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Linda R
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Linda R,
Thank you for your kind comments about the warm welcome you received and the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. Of course, I am very concerned with the substandard experience you had with your room service and the disturbances caused by the fire alarm. I have met with our F&B management team and together we counseled the server in question who not only failed to meet our quality and service standards with your order, but also made those inappropriate remarks. With regard to the alarm, the hotel has just completed installation of a completely new system and, as we all discovered in those few days which unfortunately coincided with the dates of your stay, there was a defect which caused several false alarms.
On behalf of all of our management and staff, please accept my apologies for these missteps. It is my sincere hope that you will return and give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction with every aspect of your stay. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss these issues, or to make a reservation for the next time you come to Palm Beach.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here November of 2011. The location and service are excellent. The food is world class and excellent. The place is charming and clean and within a walking distance from the beach and shopping etc. Palm Beach is a wondeful and unique place. The city is well run and very well managed. However, there was one problem that ruined our experience. On Friday and Saturday night they had a wedding and bachelorette party. We could not sleep! There were people running up and down the hallway slamming doors all night! If you value your sleep, avoid the weekend at this place! We will not go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SnipWil
chesterfieldfom, General Manager at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear JoeM,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chesterfield Hotel, Palm Beach and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps us monitor the service we provide. I was happy to see that you were very pleased with the service you received, the value, location and the cleanliness of your accommodations, but of course concerned that you were disturbed by noise from other guests in a neighboring room.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced, and the inconvenience you had to endure, as a result of this noise. Our standards require that we take immediate steps to curtail noise of any kind which might disturb a guest, regardless of its source. While it is not always possible to prevent incidents caused by other guests, it is incumbent on our staff to contact the offending guest and take whatever action is necessary to stop the disturbance. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper and reiterated these standards, and together we have taken steps to ensure that this does not recur with another guest.

I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future, and invite you to contact me directly at 561-659-5800.