“mostly a good experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent 4 nights here visiting family in Palm Beach. Hotel is conveniently located for activities both on the island and on the mainland (right next to a bridge). Front desk staff was friendly. Included breakfast was nicer than what I usually see from hotels of this caliber (more choices). Room was relatively clean and comfortable, though an update of the furnishings and bathrooms should probably happen in the near future. Didn't try the outdoor pool or hot tub, so can't comment on that (they were open and being used). There's a small fitness room which had the basics. Wireless internet was included, though the signal would sometimes drop, making a Skype conference impossible.

Only issue I had was the hotel staff seemed confused on our checkout date (a block of rooms was reserved by a relative), so one of the days of our stay, the room was not tidied up by the housekeeping staff, even though we reiterated our plans to continue our stay with the front desk. A solid 4-star hotel, except for that screw-up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently spent three nights at this hotel and was very pleased with my stay. This is a three story property with a lovely pool and spa area located next to the Inland Waterway and is a short walk from the ocean, which you can glimpse from the parking lot. Although I was busy working while there, and unable to avail myself of the facilities, I would like to return and make use of them in the future. A good variety of restaurants and shops were located a short drive away in downtown Lake Worth, just over the Bridge spanning the Waterway. (You could walk to downtown if you are a good walker and bring your walking shoes). Also, adjacent to the hotel is a park along the waterway with benches and picnic tables, which makes a pleasant place to relax and view the scenery.

The hotel itself is well appointed and very clean. My second floor room had a comfortable bed and chair along with a desk, desk chair, flat screen television, refrigerator and microwave. There is an area in which to hang clothes, but no closet. Hangers were sufficient for a brief stay, but would need to be supplemented for a longer one. The bathroom was small, with a tub/shower combination. Hot water was plentiful, but the shower head, while fine for someone as short as I am, could be a problem for folks over six feet tall. I requested extra towels and foam pillows on my check in form (a nice feature of Marriott Rewards) and they were all in place when I arrived, Cleaning services were provided daily and were efficient and thorough.
This hotel breakfast, which was complimentary, was quite good. In addition to the usual cold cereals and waffle machine, they had microwaveable Jimmy Dean biscuits with eggs, cheese and sausage and hard boiled eggs, along with fruit cups and yogurt, apples and bananas, orange juice, toast, muffins, and excellent coffee from a fancy machine, available all day long.

I was here on business and the complimentary Wifi worked very well, a very important feature for me. I made use of the printer in the business center to print my boarding pass and appreciated the availability of the printer as well.

Service personnel at the desk, in the breakfast room, and cleaning my room were all polite and professional. This was an excellent stay and I intend to return.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot but was quiet. It was located on the second floor, near the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelwise
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was a very pleasant stay in Palm Beach. Staff was very friendly and check in was quick and easy. We arrived in a clean and moderately sized room. Being a gold member, we received a complimentary upgrade to a suite with a separate living area. The pool are was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and choices were pretty good. Nice fitness center and above average business center. One ting that really stood out was when our toilet overflowed and was all over our bathroom, the manager gave us a new room for the night (it was late) and in the morning our bathroom was mopped and sanitized. Very nice hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This property was a bit difficult to find due to the very small sign out front. The rooms needed an update and there was hair all over our bathroom floor. The pool area was ok, but the hot tub was not working when we were there.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ronandjessie
Reviewed July 9, 2012

As the best location option for a wedding we were attending, this hotel was better than we expected. Its finest assets are the well-maintained pool overlooking the intercoastal waterway and its proximity to one of the few (only?) public beaches in Palm Beach. Perhaps some of its mechanicals and appointments could use a upgrade but nothing is drastically needed. The staff are professional, courteous and friendly. In particular, the very capable woman who singlehandedly runs the breakfast room makes the job look easy. She is helpful and displays patience and tact in her interactions with guests. All in all, this Fairfield Inn was a splendid choice for us and the individually wrapped jelly beans were killer!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank profviolet
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Greeted and checked in very quickly--Cooper could not have been more professional or helpful. When I noticed that the room only had foam pillows, Cooper personally delivered them to my room. When I went to get a drink, I realized that there were no glasses in the room. Not wanting to bother him again, I walked to the front desk for some. My choices were either paper cups or wine glasses. Unfortunately, this was my second stay at a Fairfield Inn in three days and the decor and room was dated and needs to be updated. I woke up with a backache following a night's sleep on the antique spring mattress. The ceilings were low and I had to bend over to shower -- really helped the backache! The only redeeming quality was our view of the intercoastal canal. The breakfast the next morning was not up to standards either.

Would only consider staying here again if they updated the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lachoirboy
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a king executive suite with deck overlooking the international waterway and pool. the beach is a 5 minute walk on the other side of the hotel.--great location to enjoy the beach, and view the water and hear the birds. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was sufficient. There is a laundry room for the guests which is great as were there for 5 nights. The beds and pillows were not the greatest but not that bad either. The hide-a-bed was small and uncomfortable so we booked another room for the 2 in our party who had to sleep on it. We would stay there again. the location is great and quiet. the word executive was a little misleading as it was just an ordinary room.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on the poolside with view of international waterway
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#4 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach? Share your experiences!