“Nice stay - not pefect, but very good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Pittsburgh
“Nice stay - not pefect, but very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

My family and I, and several family friends, recently stayed 5 nights here at the beginning of Feb. We were torn between this hotel and the Ritz Carlton and the Breakers. First, I must say that I feel the pool service at this hotel was more superb that most 5 star hotels that I've stayed at. Constantly brining frozen grapes, ice water, popcicles, mini appetizers (ahi tuna/shrimp/even crab bisque!)...I think the rooms were very nice. The balconys were just OK. The pool area size is adequate, but I can see it being overly crowded on a busier times. The concierge was very good, and handled all restaurant reservations very well. The Spa is one of the nicest I've seen, completed renovated, with Kohler dream showers (8 jets). The only thing I didnt like is the restaurant - the food was just OK. We ate at much better restaurants during our stay otherwise, even from the concierge's own list. The FS did have a free shuttle(Escalade) to Worth Av, which I thought was nice. The bar was quiet, except for Fri/Sat when they had a band playing. The hotel is in a good location, about 10 min from downtown Palm Beach. More convenient than Ritz and Breakers. The beach area was OK - they are simple chairs, and the hotel next door had nicer lounges, despite not being 5 star, which was obvious when we got on the beach. The service was very good overall, and I would go back, but not anytime soon, as I'd want to see other places first! Also, the place definitely has an "older" feel - so if you are looking for nightlife, and young people - stay next door, not here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

I am not sure what the other people are talking about. Perhaps they should think about joining a private club if this resort is not "good enough" for them. I think they may have lost touch with reality or need to join Donald Trump at his resort up the road. The grounds here are beautiful and well kept. Staff are amazing and very attentive. Rooms comfortable, clean. Thank you for an AMAZING stay!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My husband and I decided to book a long-weekend trip to the Four Seasons Palm Beach with our 8 month old son. It was the first trip we would be taking as a family. We specifically chose Palm Beach simply because there was a Four Seasons there--we had stayed at other Four Seasons properties and were always in awe of the service and atmosphere. Prior to the trip, the staff was extremely accommodating and arranged for many baby-friendly amenities such as a crib, stroller, microwave, etc to be delivered to the room. Upon arrival, the hotel was beautiful. The staff was extremely welcoming, and the lobby was just breathtaking...and then we got to the room. We booked an oceanfront room, but our balcony was at an odd angle that only showed part of the view. The room was large, but with outdated furniture and a combo-shower-tub. It felt like a very nice Holiday Inn. The pool area was sort of dingy and extremely overcrowded with chairs, even though the weather was only in the 60s. My husband took a stroll on the beach with the baby and discovered the Omphoy next door. We quickly explained that we were not happy with the room or the property, received a full refund and checked in next door. We had a lovely trip, even though the Omphoy was not as ready to receive an infant guest (no stroller, etc). Through it all, the staff at the Four Seasons was wonderful, we even had dinner at the Restaurant the next night. However, the rooms and pool area are in serious need of upgrading if they continue to bear the Four Seasons brand.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank oneswtwrid
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

We took our "tween-age" kids for an asy getaway from NY to Palm Beach on President's Weekend...we have stayed in MANY Four Seasons properties (Maui, Hualalai, Costa Rica, Punta Mita, Beverly Hills, Scottsdale, Jackson Hole, etc) and hoped that despite poor reviews this would be a similar formula: luxury accommodations, great service, fun for kids....unfortunately it was NOT. Service was terrible...all meals were endless waits for food, lots of guests complaining, staff did not care whatsoever...hotel clearly cannot handle a busy weekend.....kids club was babyish - not very clean or happening....hotel said they had a separate game room for older kids - there was one game to play - VERY disappointing...our kids visited friends at the Breakers and begged us to switch to that hotel. The best part of our trip for kids was visiting The Breakers...the best part of the trip for my husband and I was having lunch next door at the Omphoy .
Overall, the hotel looks promising when you enter the lobby and the bar has a nice vibe...but once you enter the pool/restaurant area/guest rooms/hallways - it is a complete disappointment!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pairoflevis
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I booked a weekend at the Four Seasons, Palm Beach to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The week before we left (last week of January), I went back on TripAdvisor website to look at the reviews again on the hotel. There were three very negative reviews on this site that scared the heck out of me! We had already paid for our stay and it was way past the deadline to get reimbursed. When you pay the Four Season prices, you don't want a 2 star or 3 star experience. I immediately called the hotel, asked to talk with the manager. I talked with Lisa who was very reassuring that I would be getting the Four Season experience. We were not disappointed!

This hotel has all the bells and whistles that you would expect from a Four Seasons hotel. Besides being a beautiful hotel, the staff was very accomodating and professional. When we checked out, we waited for our private limo that was arranged by a friend who lives in the area to take us to Miami where we were leaving for a cruise. It was Super Bowl Sunday and it was a busy weekend. When our limo didn't show up, Roy, who was the doorman (and our hero for the day!), arranged for us to get a limo last minute to get us to our port in time.

We would recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoWanderlust
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

My wife and I had a very enjoyable visit at the Four Seasons Palm Beach, January 28 - February 1, 2010. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and were adding four nights in Palm Beach after a short cruise from Miami. The hotel is beautiful and our ocean view room had a nice balcony. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch outdoors each day, and the pool is spectacular. Try the Mango Ice Tea -- the best ! The pool attendants pass out various free items during the day, for example, cold cloths, frozen grapes, and Popsicles. The concierge, Jann, was terrific, and recommended several beautiful dining spots that added to our vacation. We received one free night for the 3 nights paid -- think you only need to stay two to get the free night. All in all, I would recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Palm Beach at least 10 times over the past 12 years. I held my first conference there in 1998 for 80 people. Many of the attendees loved the hotel so much that they made the 4 day conference into a week-long stay. For years afterwards, my associates would ask, "when are going to the Four Seasons again?"

It was my time to host the conference again and we had 120 people. The staff were very helpful and did anything we asked. One day we all had a morning off and went deep-sea fishing. We caught many fish. I called the Chef at the hotel and asked could he cook the fish we caught. He was more than happy too. He made a great dinner and everyone was impressed! Next year the conference will be held in Texas and I know I will hear " thanks again for a wonderful conference last year...when can we go there again!"

The Four Seasons has a great staff, Their food may be a little expensive but it's delicious. . They make you feel welcomed!

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!