I frankly do not expect a lot from South Florida hotels but was pleased that the FS Palm Beach met the expectations one should have of a FS property.
Common areas very nicely done in typical understated FS design. Bell and reception staff were friendly and accommodating. Living room was relaxing (coffee in the a.m.). Library has three good computers. Hallways clean and in a nice cool pastel blue. From lobby to room to dining area to pool, one always felt you were in a top notch hotel.
Our premier ocean view room was spacious. Ample closet, dressers, good size bathroom, comfortable seating area (even with two doubles), good sized balcony with table and chairs (would have preferred lounging rather than dining-type chairs). Comfortable beds and pillows. Linens soft. Towels good but a bit worn. Strong shower. Room exceptionally clean (not even finger prints on the sliding glass doors!). Great view of the ocean and gorgeous at night when the moon was out.
Food at the beach and pool: limited selection but good quality. Breakfast: expensive (as expected) but good quality and service (ordered off the menu instead of buffet); wait staff friendly remembered our name each morning. Did not dine in for dinner.
Pool of decent size, but it appeared to be a wedding weekend and was crowded with children (it was after back to school week and before labor day weekend). Comfortable lounge chairs set up with terry covers.
Beach area is quite nice with staff readily available to set up chairs and umbrellas, refill water and take drink and lunch orders.
So here were the very few shortcomings:
1. Toiletries in the bathroom were in short supply when we arrived. Problem partly addressed with a note to housekeeping next morning. It seems they are a bit stingy with the goods.
2. Turn-down service was inconsistent (some days there, other days not).
3. Pool and beach staff were attentive but vacated lounge chairs with used towels and empty plates of food sat for far too long after having been abandoned. Also, staff seemed to tolerate early morning "reservations" for strings of lounge chairs that sat unused for hours on end.
4. Overnight parking fee annoying (making up for that a bit was free basic wi-fi).
All in all, a very relaxing and satisfying five days. Would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. On an expanse of quiet beach, discover an intimate, five-star, five-diamond resort, where all guest rooms and suites have been completely restyled. Enjoy chic, contemporary comfort, capturing the casual sophistication of an oceanfront home. Kids can be kids and grown-ups can restore in the glamorous spa, or dine overlooking the ocean. Enhance your stay with golf at several award-winning courses, or browse the shops on nearby Worth Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
- Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach Hotel Palm Beach
- Four Seasons Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach Florida