Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach(Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
$209
$320
$288
Chesterfield
The Breakers(Palm Beach)
$715
  • Pool
Bradley Park Hotel(Palm Beach)
$139
$310
$217
Official Website
  • Pool
The Brazilian Court Hotel(Palm Beach)
$349
$297
  • Pool
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown(West Palm Beach)(Great Value!)
$438
$389
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,296 results
All reviewshouse carfrozen grapesice waterbeach staffkids clubtop notchpool areapool servicegreat beachthe ritz carltonliving roomexceptional serviceocean viewrelaxing stayfirst ratelevel of servicelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our Background: My husband and I have travelled extensively in different comfort levels (from 5 star to 1 star), methods, etc. and currently reside in NYC. We have added a 3-year old to the mix, which makes it even more fun finding places to stay!

The Four Seasons FAR exceeded our expectations. I had touched base with the hotel a few days prior to our arrival and must have mentioned that I am also 6 months pregnant. This matters because upon arrival (they arranged for a car to pick us up with a car seat) we never even checked in! Megan greeted us at the car, welcoming us all by name and taking us up to our room. On the way there, my son was given an adorable stuffed dolphin and within minutes we were in our childproofed room (including balcony!), welcome cookies/milk on the table for my son, and even better? A pregnancy pillow on the bed for me...which to me is proof of how far the staff goes to make your stay awesome. I had never requested this - they just did it.

It was July 4th week during our stay, so they had an entire itinerary available. They had a special agreement with the property across the street for us all to go watch the fireworks and when we got there we were given glow sticks, blankets, and snacks/drinks (all complimentary)...and the perfect seats to watch the show. In addition, they had a fun 'dive-in' movie at the pool one night and so many other fun activities.

Would I recommend this place for couples? Maybe not. There *are* adult only sections but by far kids dominate (so if you don't like that, there is your answer). I don't mean this in a bad way - this is still very much a grown up, fancy hotel. It definitely makes kids welcome without being a kid resort (you know the type). They have play rooms for the kids (great for getting out of the sun), a kids club (my son was too shy to join but we all tried!), and sand toys/pool toys a plenty. At any meal, my son ate free from the children's menu and the best part, aside from also having crayons and puzzles and such at meals? They always took his order first and had the food out to him before ours....which meant we always had nice, relaxed, happy meals. Also? the cleaning staff noticed we kept moving the coffee table to the wall because it was glass topped with hard edges and my son is...less than graceful. Within a day or so they had that child proofed too. Amazing!

We spent one day entirely at the pool and during this time I was given (complimentary) frozen fruits, small snacks, water mists, ice water, ice cream....They have sunscreen and aloe at the pool stand. Basically, anything you could want was there for you. The pool is small and there are a lot of kids...but we alternated between that and the soft, clean, beach.

The food is excellent but if you have a seafood allergy, as we do, the choices are more limited. Sometimes we ordered food in (Crazy Mario's!) and room service provided plates etc for a nominal fee (~$6). Another nice alternative? The Lake Worth Casino (name only, not a casino) is a short walk over to the pier (easier to get to from the street than the beach) and has a restaurant, an ice cream place, and a few stores. A great place to go to get 'off' the resort without much fuss. Also there is a playground for the kids and the pier to walk on.

The hotel also has a shuttle service - basically an SUV that will take you wherever within 20 minutes of the hotel. We didn't bother with a car and used this to go to City Place one afternoon (where we rode the free trolley to other areas) and also to the train station on our way out. It was a wonderful option to have!

Really, I can't say enough good things about this place. It was so spotless and everyone anticipated our needs. I believe they were even at capacity but you would never have known it. Also? Almost no smokers.

General Tips:
Check out the Spa showers - they are free and amazing.
Use the shuttle to get around
Go to Lake Worth Casino
There is great coffee in the mornings at the Living Room

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building (Premier Ocean View rooms only, I think) and it was well worth it. The hotel is only 4 floors, and the main building only had rooms on one side - which meant it was very quiet. We never ever had to wait for an elevator. I believe all rooms have ocean view - but I loved where our room was.
3  Thank Mouser-bat
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A one night stay will always be a memorable one. We loved lunching on the beach, relaxing at the pool (including the quiet adult's only hot tub area), and getting a massage in the beautiful spa. The staff was very nice and accommodating without going overboard or making it awkward. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel staff was excellent. The pool is a little small for my taste and there were so many babies at the resort that the pool really needed to be cleaned more often during the day.

The attendants at the beach and pool are totally amazing. As is the case with Florida they had random showers and each time this happened all the towel set ups had to be replaced and they did a magnificant job.

Morning buffet was great and good value and loved the Leblon drinks as the bar.

Buffet dinner was not special at all.

Great use of the free hotel car which you can not book ahead but it was pretty easy to get a ride anywhere close by.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as each has a good view.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came for a 4 day family vacation over the 4th of July holiday. We set up a car service through the concierge for our airport transfers, which was excellent.

This hotel is VERY kid friendly. Kids eat free under 5y/o. Beach toys provided. Kids Club for activities for those kids >3y/o. Swim diapers provided. When we arrived, the children are greeted with a stuffed animal for each to keep. We called ahead for a crib and they offered the "world"...our room came with diapers, wipes, diaper genie, crib, fridge, baby-proofing and our oldest child's name spelled in sponges in the bathroom. I have never been to a hotel that does all this.

The service is outstanding. Anything you want or need, they take care of it. They even have a "house car" with car seats for kids that will shuttle you around the area, as it is available. We used it one day and had no trouble getting back and forth and the driver (Kevin - outstanding) said it was his busiest day ever, so I would not worry about availability.

The beach is wide and seating is plentiful (at the pool too). At the pool and beach, smoothies brought around, drink service, guacamole cart. Excellent.

The rooms, great. The shower was the best hotel shower I have ever been in. The bed was fantastic.

The resort is clean and fresh and the housekeepers are friendly and do a great job.

Here are my gripes. For adults, the pool is very nice, but I would not come without kids. This place is so kid-friendly, it would not be relaxing for those who came without. We stuck to the restaurant that provided the free kids meal and the adult food was okay, not great. This was disappointing for the menu prices. Also, there were very few fish/Florida options, also disappointing. Also, the service was great, but inconsistent, not in a bad way, just different every time you sat down. For example, at our last meal, they offered 3 types of milk for our kids. This was our ninth meal and the first time anything but "milk" was offered. There were a lot of little things like that, not bad, just sort of catching.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone with kids, especially young kids, but also older. Despite the car service being excellent, I would rent a car and leave the resort more for meals and outside activities and use it as a home-base and not just plan on staying there the whole time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just returned from our stay...our July 4th vacation to Palm Beach. We have been staying at
the hotel for the past 20 years and have never seen SO many kids. There is only one restaurant
for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No fine dining in the hotel. Breakfast was chaotic! Kids
running all over and babies screaming... not very relaxing. Dinner on July 4th was awful...
mediocre food, kids running all over the place! Plan on leaving the hotel for dinner during your stay if you want to have good food. Palm Beach has plenty of great restaurants that do not
cater to families. And plan on sitting in the Quiet Area on the beach and avoid the pool...
too many kids! We were woken up 3 times due to kids running and screaming in the hallways
in the middle of the night. Otherwise the hotel provides great service...just beware that it
has evolved into a very casual family oriented hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple