“Service & Grounds Excellent!!”

Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service at the restaurant was wonderful.The rooms had some things that needed repair-unlike other 4 Seasons that I've stayed at before. The grounds were beautiful,with a great pool.
It was also located right on the beach, which made it an ideal location.
Value?, It's a high end resort & you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,269)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a three night stay there in February with my mother and sister and since it was our first-ever trip together, we decided to splurge for the Four Seasons. The $800 price tag was hard to swallow but my mother is 88 years old so we decided to go for it. My sister and I shared a room with a pool view and I walked in expecting to be dazzled or charmed. Instead I walked in and thought the room was attractive and nice but it certainly wasn't anything special. The bathroom door is about 3 feet from one of the beds (and not along the front hallway as it should be) so my sister had a full view of the bathroom doors (or the bathroom) the whole time. The bathtub drain didn't work and I had to call them twice to fix it. The restaurants were fine (we tried all of them) but again, not exceptional. The service in the hotel overall was also just FINE. Not great. Not super attentive. Not actively trying to make our stay special. But fine. It's a lovely hotel that I would have felt was well worth $400, maybe $500 in a push, a night. But $800? For that, I want world class accommodations and service and I'm afraid the PB Four Season didn't measure up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank midwesternvoyager
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I was really surprised about some of the recent posts. My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and the stay was amazing. The service was top notch and can't be compared to any other hotel chain...
This resort and super kid friendly and offered us everything we needed (change table, crib, bottle warmer, etc). We are coming back very soon. We have been around the Caribbean and the kids programs here beats them all.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Adrienne L
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is really hard to rank. The property is quite beautiful ,beachfront location,very beautifully decorated with lots of marble and the most amazing flower arrangements i ever saw.
Rooms are spacious ,very well appointed with fantastic seaview and a nice balcony.The bathrooms have all the toiletries you need and of very good quality ,as always . There are of course bath robes and slippers.
The bad part is the staff. At the front desk they are completely indifferent or even arrogant.The concierge felt really bothered when we ask for some information,like directions ( she would get a google map and say follow this ).The only nice person at this department was the front desk manager who gave us a warm welcome ( probably because we are from the same country ), send some sweets and fruit to the room and ,explained everything about the restaurants in the area.
Breakfast was quite poor and the waiters even worse , ( i never heard any nice thank you ,you're welcome ,my pleasure or anything of the kind ).
The restaurant by the beautiful beach, the Atlantic Grill is ok,being the view the best part. There the waiters are just indifferent and not very attentive.
The worst part however was dinner at The Restaurant ! They serve a kind of American Tapas ,so its a bunch of small dishes . Can you believe that they did ' n have any intention of changing plates between 2 different dishes?? This is a Four Seasons!! I had to ask and the waiter was really upset with me and took about 20 minutes to do it and the next time i ask to change plates again she brought bread plates!!!.This is the same restaurant that a couple of years ago would had black napkins for black dresses or suits and little stalls for lady bags.
I'm a Four Seasons big fan but i wiil never go back to this hotel . It's not enough to have beautiful properties,service is the most important!
Price: expensive

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high floor near the sea or you will end up looking at palm trees tops
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank isabel a
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Am here now waiting for my husband to arrive after 3 days on my own with two kids under age 5. Weather is much cooler than anticipated so we didn't have the beach and pool to entertain us. I have to say the kids club was amazing for my 4 yr old and they did an excellent job creating fun for the kids in the ballrooms when it was too cold to be outside. Overall the service is top notch and what you expect from a FS and being on my own I needed it. It's peak Easter week/spring break so the hotel is packed. The staff really take care to note your needs. Given the number of young kids here they really ought to have a restaurant that serves food starting at 4:30 or 5pm. However, the restaurants were very accommodating in allowing me to preorder and have it ready when we sat down at 5:30. Not a lot of hotels would do that, I really appreciate that. The kids menu is pretty limited and standard fast food stuff but my kids have a somewhat adult palette.

So many nice little gestures like the Choco strawberries and champagne for our belated anniversary, cookie plate for the kids and little treats delivered daily.

My only complaint is the rooms seem kind of old. It's been chilly so we needed the heat and despite a repair guy attempting to fix it still doesn't work. There is a rubber strip on our door that is hanging down and the carpet is pretty worn. The balcony is pretty underwhelming too. I'd rather have a w/d ! The pool and avail pool chairs is pretty limited and I really despise the competitive sport of staking out chairs early in the morning.

On the very positive side again is the service, courtesy, and importantly, memory of the staff. Absolutely love The Living Room from the early morning espresso machine to hanging out after dinner and my kids having ice cream.

My family and I take many luxury vacations but I guess we're a bit more low key. Not used to seeing women wearing every diamond and jewel they own on the beaching toting Hermes bags to the gym.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms are great, the food is fantastic but it's hard to tell who's more snooty, unfriendly and stuck-up, the staff or the other guests. During my entire stay, I got the feeling that I was unwelcome and one of the peasant class staying among the royalty. I was hurried and rushed through my spa and salon treatments. The "Living Room" bar staff and the poolside staff were just downright rude. The Living Room bartenders, when I was asking them about the area, acted like I was imposing on them to talk to them. When I stopped to adjust my beach bag, resting it on a cabana for a moment, one of the poolside staffers hurried over and announced - in a loud voice which made the other guests all look around - that these were for rent only and I couldn't sit there. I was completely embarrassed. The only friendly staffers were the housekeeping staff and room service staff. My money spends as well as anybody else's but apparently the Four Seasons staff only wants business from the 1 percent. I will definitely stay elsewhere during my next trip. The other guests are as rude or more so. I guess money definitely doesn't buy class - or manners.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a beach view or partial beach-view room. The room I was in faced the beach, the po...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank tommysmommy81
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Repeat visitor who keeps coming back. Service is tremendous - front desk, room service, restaurant and pool. Only downside is this is an older property and hence has smaller rooms and doesn't feel as luxurious. Pool area and beach help to offset this deficit. People make the real difference.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!