“very good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Bucharest
“very good hotel”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

It is not the best Four Seasons hotel, but it is very good.
The location is good too, but you will need a car. Of course you can take a cab too.
The staff is very polite and nice,
The view is beautiful, and the pool area is very nice too.
Be careful, when you want to enter the ocean - there is a lot of jellyfish that could harm you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the FSRPB for two nights for a meeting in January. I arrived late in the evening, after taking a rather pricey taxi from Palm Beach International Airport (about $35-40). The staff that greeted me on arrival were welcoming and friendly, even at 11:45pm. They swiftly checked me in and escorted me to my room.

The lobby is beautiful and open. Light colors are everywhere, lending to the overall vacation-feel of the resort. The "Living Room" has a bar with ample comfortable seating, right off the entrance. My room was on the first floor, just above the spa area. I overlooked the pool, and from my balconey had a lovely view of the ocean in the distance. The landscaping is fabulous, and even though my room looked right out into a busy area, it still managed a secluded feeling.

The room was large, with two double beds, dressers, and a chair. Again, the decor was beautiful, almost ethereal. Light blues and greys and whites all in modern yet beach-style patterns. The bathroom was especially nice. Lots of room, a separate shower, toilet cubby, and bathtub, all with very nice fixtures. The shower was excellent with strong water pressure and a piping hot temperature. They also have amazing toiletries!

My bed was super soft and comfy. I slept amazingly both nights. No noise, no light, and perfect room temperature. Really relaxing.

The meeting that I was attending was also very well-handled. We had three separate meals as a part of it, all of which were delicious. Our meeting room was well-sized for our group, and the temperature was actually good (a rarity in meeting spaces!). I also ate breakfast one morning in Graze. I ordered off the menu and sat on the patio. It was very tasty, and the setting was nice. A nice walk on the quiet beach followed. Very pretty setting, surrounded by small condo buildings, so that there are not many people out and about.

All in all, I would love to stay here again, this time for my own pleasure instead of work. It is a pricey cab ride from PBI, but a car rental would make more sense anyway, so that you can go sight-see more. It is a bit further south than the Palm Beach main strip, but it makes it feel more secluded, with only a few neighbors.

Room Tip: All the rooms that face the pool also have a side-ocean view that can be seen from your balconey.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I just had Christmas at the four seasons palm beach ( December 2012 ) and we had a really really good experience.
The hotel is beautiful on the inside , very sleek & elegant , same for the rooms & bathroom.
The outside of the hotel is perhaps not the most attractive, but with every room having its own large balcony this is easily forgiven .
Throughout the Christmas period there were a myriad little touches to delight both our children and us, from the beautiful decorations ( including a snow man made of flowers ! ) to the roasted chestnuts & mulled wine / hot cider on Christmas Eve, the wonderful carol singers , the ' help yourself ' sweet stand , the truly lovely Christmas stocking each of the children received on Christmas morning , the lovely little Christmas tree & edible presents entirely made of yummy biscuits left in the room on Christmas Eve....I could go on ! All of it was just wonderful .
We had mostly sunny & warm days wile there & spent every day on the beach .
The beach is very large & very clean , the sea clean & quite warm ( we swam lots ! ) and the service on the beach second to none .
The service through out is very very good , nothing is ever too much trouble & everything is supervised constantly .
I especially have to mention Bernardo Netto, the front office manager , he truly went to great lengths to accommodate us .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lg3jersey
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the 3rd stop on our honeymoon having just completed a cruise. The checkin unfortunately wasn't that smooth as we had a trainee but I understand that she was new. When we got checked in I asked about adding breakfast to our package to be told they don't do that (not from the trainee)you would think I asked for breakfast on the moon so I ended up buying resort credit instead. Fortunately after a shaky start the rest of our stay was really good. We had a delicious lunch on the terrace and our room was really luxurious with a sea view. The housekeeping and turndown service was great and we received a bottle of champagne and strawberries with a personal note this was a lovely touch. The spa was complimentary to use which was great it was relaxing and peaceful.There was complimentary coffee in reception in the mornings and little snacks on the beach during the day.I don't mind a splurge but the treatments were all very expensive so I ended up going to the beauty salon next to the hotel for a manicure and a blowdry instead. Be careful in the water as the waves were v strong someone nearly drown when we there. One word of advice you need a car when staying here its inbetween Lake Worth and Palm Beach and its 35 dollars taxi to most places. Lake Worth is "worth" (sorry) a visit we walked down to it and went to a cute old style dinner for lunch and browsed around. We went to a sports bar daves last Resort one night as my husband wanted to see a game and the food was really reasonable and tasty. There is a good lunch place bennys on the beach near the hotel besides this there is nowhere else to eat close to the hotel. The fish tacos were good. Overall not sure I'd return to this particular property but I'd book a four seasons property again as overall the service and the room impressed me.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great property large beach with plenty of chairs and and umbrella's. The room service was excellent which was a surprise as most of the top tier resorts usually come up short in this area.The rooms have been recently updated and seemed larger than the Ritz Carlton where we stayed last.
This resort is the best on the beach with an excellent staff the common areas are all beautifully decorated not dated at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CCEHampton
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family was very pleased with our visit here. The staff consistently provided great service. The rooms are casual elegant but relatively small. This property is dated, but it's still very nice. Having visited the Ritz, I can attest that there's a trade off between these properties. The Ritz is certainly more opulent and newer, but beach at the Ritz is only about 10 yards wide. It's much better at the Four Seasons. I also like the fact that it's a little closer to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited PB FS over Thanksgiving. It remains a comfortable hotel but has really slipped on the service and food & beverage side. The rooms are newly remodelled by Tory Burch and look great. However, they remain the same size as ever (small).

The food was often over or under cooked, greasy and just lacked that FS touch. The bar service on the beach has improved. Before, you had to be friends with the bar staff to drink on the beach (due to a local ordinance). Now, they open serve on the beach as the order is taken on the beach but wirelessly beamed to the hotel so it is within the ordinance of not "selling" on the beach. Clever. And, it is a huge improvement.

If you are an AMEX Platinum or Centurion member, do not expect an upgrade even when the hotel is empty. This FS is using the "we can upgrade you, but to a different bed configuration" line. See, they offer the one category upgrade but then say they only have the opposite bed configuruation than what you booked. I booked a king, they offered me two doubles to upgrade. I proved this as they did the same thing to my colleague who checked in after us. Oh Four Seasons, you have to be graciously generous to compensate for the age of your hotel....or you will lose people like the AMEX PTS folks. We have expectations.

The Spa is nothing special. Nice folks but all underground and nothing amazing. Go to the RC in Manalapan, five minutes away -- one of the best spas on the planet.

The conceirge is downright lazy. She had more time to talk to her friends than answer any of our requests. Also, they closed down the main room to do renos while we were there over Thanksgiving without notifying us of special conditions.

So, still a nice property, but not worthy of any premium. In the FS Family, it is not the shining star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!