Visited PB FS over Thanksgiving. It remains a comfortable hotel but has really slipped on the service and food & beverage side. The rooms are newly remodelled by Tory Burch and look great. However, they remain the same size as ever (small).
The food was often over or under cooked, greasy and just lacked that FS touch. The bar service on the beach has improved. Before, you had to be friends with the bar staff to drink on the beach (due to a local ordinance). Now, they open serve on the beach as the order is taken on the beach but wirelessly beamed to the hotel so it is within the ordinance of not "selling" on the beach. Clever. And, it is a huge improvement.
If you are an AMEX Platinum or Centurion member, do not expect an upgrade even when the hotel is empty. This FS is using the "we can upgrade you, but to a different bed configuration" line. See, they offer the one category upgrade but then say they only have the opposite bed configuruation than what you booked. I booked a king, they offered me two doubles to upgrade. I proved this as they did the same thing to my colleague who checked in after us. Oh Four Seasons, you have to be graciously generous to compensate for the age of your hotel....or you will lose people like the AMEX PTS folks. We have expectations.
The Spa is nothing special. Nice folks but all underground and nothing amazing. Go to the RC in Manalapan, five minutes away -- one of the best spas on the planet.
The conceirge is downright lazy. She had more time to talk to her friends than answer any of our requests. Also, they closed down the main room to do renos while we were there over Thanksgiving without notifying us of special conditions.
So, still a nice property, but not worthy of any premium. In the FS Family, it is not the shining star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. On an expanse of quiet beach, discover an intimate, five-star, five-diamond resort, where all guest rooms and suites have been completely restyled. Enjoy chic, contemporary comfort, capturing the casual sophistication of an oceanfront home. Kids can be kids and grown-ups can restore in the glamorous spa, or dine overlooking the ocean. Enhance your stay with golf at several award-winning courses, or browse the shops on nearby Worth Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach Hotel Palm Beach
- 4 Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
- Four Seasons Palm Beach
- Palm Beach Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach Florida