“beautiful hotel, amazing service”

Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“beautiful hotel, amazing service”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Here is my bottom line: I thought this was a beautiful, glamorous hotel in a beautiful city and it was one of my favorite hotel stays ever

Service: really great, helpful people, a highlight of the hotel. They
were very gracious, especially the valet service people who were so nice and worked hard. Everyone greeted us by name each time we came back to the room.

Rooms: we splurged on an upgraded room with a patio and oceanview- they were beautiful and spacious (coming from nyc at least). The view was amazing and we sat outside on the patio in robes every morning, read the paper and watched the waves crashing on the beach. So peaceful. The decor is posh, but is not modern, feels a little stuffy but still beautiful. The bathrooms were marble and spotless.

Food: we didn't eat at the hotel since there are just so many restaurants in the area, the proximity to so many is a bonus. There is an outdoor mall nearby that we browsed and ate at.

Transportation: we rented a car and valet parked- the valets were very nice and helpful and did their job with a lot of professionalism.

This was a wonderful hotel and the oceanview is worth it- we had an amazing time.

let me know if anyone has questions!

• Liked — luxury, service
  • Disliked — pricey hotel, but this is worth it
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kkrtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Arabic first
Ottawa
Reviewed December 20, 2007

My 5 year-old son, 3 year-old daughter, my husband and myself stayed at this hotel in July.
We would recommend it to anyone who loves to spend time on a gorgeous beach, by a lovely pool, and who appreciates the high-level of service that this property has to offer.
We were greeted upon our arrival by courteous staff and our children were given nice TY stuffed animals as welcome presents. This level of service continued throughout our stay, whether at the restaurants, at the beach or at the front-desk.
Our room was new, comfortable and quite beautiful, with a great view of the pool and a limited view of the ocean. Our children were given house-coats upon our arrival and bedtime snacks were delivered to our room at the end of everyday.
We particularly enjoyed the nice food/beverage service at the beach and the attention given to the guests by the attendants. The kids' club (brand new facility) was amazing to the point where my children would ask every morning whether they could PLEASE go back for an hour or two. The property is small but to us, that's what gave it its special cachet.
We look forward to returning to this hotel upon our next stay in Florida and have been recommending it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2007
1 Thank AnicOttawa
USA
Reviewed November 7, 2007

You would not think this is a Four Seasons. It needs a serious update. The spa was full of mold and not clean (I decided not to do any treatments after seeing it). In terms of a 5-star hotel, it was pretty shocking to see dirty corners everwhere and lots of wear and tear - lots of paint chipping, etc. Food was mediocre at best to downright aweful for room service. Some of the staff were quite nice (and apologetic - like when I had a random piece of dried bamboo and a avacado stem in my salad). But others were simply rude or hard to find. I would not go back until they refurbish. I hear the Ritz two miles away just updated - I will likely stay there or at the Breakers next time.

• Liked — The beach
  • Disliked — Five star price for three star quality
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank rlort703
Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We were a little concerned with previous reviews, but I'm happy to report that we had a wonderful stay. The accomodations were breathtaking. We had a corner room oceanview on the 4th floor. It was in their newly renovated section. There was very little in construction noise or other noise The beach and pool, rather small, but was not crowded. The service and staff were out of this world. They could not do enough for you.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — small pool area
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Melanie37
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I was very apprehensive at staying at the Four Seasons do to a horrible experience I had at the Nevis Property last year that I haven't gotten over yet. I have to say that the resort exceeded every expectation and more. The staff could not have been more warm, welcoming and helpful. Not one member of the staff walked by us without acknowledging our presence. When I asked a question about where a specific place was on the resort property, a member of the staff would personally walk me there. The staff at the pool/ beach area walked by at least every 45 minutes to provide us with cold water, hand towels and assorted frozen treats. When it started to drizzle, they were there with an umbrella to escort us to a covered area. The resort was always spotless, as were the rooms. The rooms were very large and spacious. Everything was perfectly in order and housekeeping was very timely. The Spa and Fitness Center is probably one of the best. Dinner at The Restaurant is a must- with the fabulous food and service it is easy to see why it is considered to be one of the best in Palm Beach.

We definitely will be back!

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank heather223
Paris, France
Reviewed October 24, 2007

It is deja-vu! after waiting seven years, and having been told that the FS "upgraded" this sub=par property, nothing really has changed!.
Look at the pictures on this website. Look carefully at the rooms (especially the premium rooms) They are really dumps! They still have
not been able to change this sow's ear into a silk purse.

My recent stay was just as bad as my past stay:

Planned a trip here about seven years ago. Hoped to have a nice week-long break with my (then) two teen aged daughters. I booked the best room...and as frequent FS travellers, we were expecting a lovely time.

The public areas looked lovely; had lunch outside while waiting for our room.

When we were shown our room we were shocked! Hideous furniture, sterile looking and the bathroom was literally right next to the bed,
like a cheap motel.

These are the premium rooms! Sure they have the face-on ocean views (beyond the pool) but the FS should be ashamed that they never re-modelled the building to create an infrastructure more in tune with the usual four seasons rooms. The bathroom was like a road-side Marriott. Ugh. Shallow tub/shower combo, marble plopped onto old, poorly configured counters....like a cheap home bathroom redo. And I really love looking into the toilet from the bed. I find this to be the most unattractive layout possible.

Both this time and last I asked for something nicer. I was willing to pay to upgrade to a suite or anything that was better. Something nicer, and they could not help us. On my last trip this is what happened:

I was frantic...I called over to the ritz carlton and begged then to find me a room....it was spring break so everything was booked. I called the front office manager, etc., and told them how miserable I was, etc. Finally, the good news...they found me a room. Even though it is a much larger property (and I am not a fan of the RC chain), the room they "found" me, even though it was sold out, was an ocean front (truly ocean front) beautifully decorated and just gorgeous. The whole interior (public areas) were quite impressive too.

Although my daughters were annoyed with me, I pointed out to them that the FS room was dreadful, especially for the money. Mis-matched,
catch as catch can furniture, not a plant or flower, no fruit, nothing. And the vile layout. Once we made it over to the RC, they could see the difference.

At the RC, even though they did me this huge favor in finding this room for me, sent flowers and a fruit basket to my room to welcome us.

The absolutely WEIRDEST thing was this: The Manager at the FS, who was nice but not helpful, and who agreed that their rooms were really
suffering (especially because the hotel had not been built as a four seasons), SENT ME A HUGE FLOWER ARRANGEMENT at the RC! He sent a note
of apology. I just could not help wondering why the FS could not have thought to have a fruit basket or flower arrangement waiting for
me at the FS when I arrived. I think it was amazingly kind of the FS to send this apology Flower Arrangement, but it seemed quite ironic.

In any event, I decided to try the FS Palm Beach again. I had heard that they had renovated the rooms, and now had smart, classier decor, etc. The rooms were just as ugly!. Now, I know that they did not rebuild the building and could not help the layout, but the pics of the rooms on their website had the greatest set decorator of all time. I am savvy enough to know that the photos on FS websites, (in particular) tend to do the most flattering set-ups to showcase their rooms. But I had been personally assured that the rooms were all redone and the flaws and been dealt with in a very creative, aesthetically pleasing manner.

Well, just dont go there., The pool is nice the beach is nice. I hate
Miami (just sour grapes....Im just not as young and fabulous as I was
...and it is kind of depressing) The RC is also, so overrun with so many people and families that it is not such a hot choice.

I love the FS Miami, although there is no beach. I am thinking of trying Aqualina and a few other non South Beach places,

But whatever you do, unless you dont mind very expensive yet very hideous rooms, (and a very ungenerous management and a no-can-do attitude which is soooo unlike most FS) , do not assault your eyes (and intelligence) by choosing this seemingly fake FS.

I hate to complain about FS, because the properties (i.e., the physical plant...rooms, public spaces, pools, etc) are usually beautiful (regardless of what you might think of the service, style, etc.) But I warn you that if you like nice accomodations OR an okay room with concomittant prices, then stay away from this FS. There is a real disconnect....ordinary courtyard by marriott rooms (albiet,
oceanfront) but at a FS with no price break for the vulgar layouts and hideous furniture.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Ugly layout, hideous decor, architecture of the rooms, no FS style bathroom, closets, quaility
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dancemacabre
New York, NY
Reviewed September 8, 2007

My boyfriend and I just returned from a weeks stay at the Four Seasons and it turned out to be a lovely hotel. I didn't expect amazing service as it was the off season, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the staff not slacking off at all. They will go out of their way to remember your name.
Palm Beach in the off-season is pretty quiet, but being from New York, we were escaping the hustle and bustle and were perfectly happy doing very little but sunning and eating. However, people looking for any kind of night life or much activity should be aware of how seasonal Palm Beach is. We went to shop on Worth Avenue and if felt like we had the whole street and stores to ourselves - a little surreal!
The hotel is immaculately clean and polished looking - very much up to most other Four Seasons I've been to before. Pool area is lovely and it's nice to stroll right onto the beach. Service at the pool was particularly good, with lots of nice extras like treats, and cold towels - they'll even clean your sunglasses for you!
The food at the hotel is good, but very, very expensive, so it's a good idea to sometimes eat off property - City Place, a short ride from the hotel, is a very nice outdoor mall where you can find some cute, moderately priced restaurants.
Overall, this is topnotch hotel. I can say the only negative things I found (and this is really only nit-picking comparisons of other Four Seasons I've been at) are that the room tv's were a bit out of date, the bathrooms could use updating to include separate shower and tub, and the toiletries could be a higher-end brand.
These are the worst things I can say about the hotel, which is not so bad!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!