“What a great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Burlington, Wisconsin
“What a great hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2007

We were a little concerned with previous reviews, but I'm happy to report that we had a wonderful stay. The accomodations were breathtaking. We had a corner room oceanview on the 4th floor. It was in their newly renovated section. There was very little in construction noise or other noise The beach and pool, rather small, but was not crowded. The service and staff were out of this world. They could not do enough for you.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — small pool area
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Melanie37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I was very apprehensive at staying at the Four Seasons do to a horrible experience I had at the Nevis Property last year that I haven't gotten over yet. I have to say that the resort exceeded every expectation and more. The staff could not have been more warm, welcoming and helpful. Not one member of the staff walked by us without acknowledging our presence. When I asked a question about where a specific place was on the resort property, a member of the staff would personally walk me there. The staff at the pool/ beach area walked by at least every 45 minutes to provide us with cold water, hand towels and assorted frozen treats. When it started to drizzle, they were there with an umbrella to escort us to a covered area. The resort was always spotless, as were the rooms. The rooms were very large and spacious. Everything was perfectly in order and housekeeping was very timely. The Spa and Fitness Center is probably one of the best. Dinner at The Restaurant is a must- with the fabulous food and service it is easy to see why it is considered to be one of the best in Palm Beach.

We definitely will be back!

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank heather223
Paris, France
Reviewed October 24, 2007

It is deja-vu! after waiting seven years, and having been told that the FS "upgraded" this sub=par property, nothing really has changed!.
Look at the pictures on this website. Look carefully at the rooms (especially the premium rooms) They are really dumps! They still have
not been able to change this sow's ear into a silk purse.

My recent stay was just as bad as my past stay:

Planned a trip here about seven years ago. Hoped to have a nice week-long break with my (then) two teen aged daughters. I booked the best room...and as frequent FS travellers, we were expecting a lovely time.

The public areas looked lovely; had lunch outside while waiting for our room.

When we were shown our room we were shocked! Hideous furniture, sterile looking and the bathroom was literally right next to the bed,
like a cheap motel.

These are the premium rooms! Sure they have the face-on ocean views (beyond the pool) but the FS should be ashamed that they never re-modelled the building to create an infrastructure more in tune with the usual four seasons rooms. The bathroom was like a road-side Marriott. Ugh. Shallow tub/shower combo, marble plopped onto old, poorly configured counters....like a cheap home bathroom redo. And I really love looking into the toilet from the bed. I find this to be the most unattractive layout possible.

Both this time and last I asked for something nicer. I was willing to pay to upgrade to a suite or anything that was better. Something nicer, and they could not help us. On my last trip this is what happened:

I was frantic...I called over to the ritz carlton and begged then to find me a room....it was spring break so everything was booked. I called the front office manager, etc., and told them how miserable I was, etc. Finally, the good news...they found me a room. Even though it is a much larger property (and I am not a fan of the RC chain), the room they "found" me, even though it was sold out, was an ocean front (truly ocean front) beautifully decorated and just gorgeous. The whole interior (public areas) were quite impressive too.

Although my daughters were annoyed with me, I pointed out to them that the FS room was dreadful, especially for the money. Mis-matched,
catch as catch can furniture, not a plant or flower, no fruit, nothing. And the vile layout. Once we made it over to the RC, they could see the difference.

At the RC, even though they did me this huge favor in finding this room for me, sent flowers and a fruit basket to my room to welcome us.

The absolutely WEIRDEST thing was this: The Manager at the FS, who was nice but not helpful, and who agreed that their rooms were really
suffering (especially because the hotel had not been built as a four seasons), SENT ME A HUGE FLOWER ARRANGEMENT at the RC! He sent a note
of apology. I just could not help wondering why the FS could not have thought to have a fruit basket or flower arrangement waiting for
me at the FS when I arrived. I think it was amazingly kind of the FS to send this apology Flower Arrangement, but it seemed quite ironic.

In any event, I decided to try the FS Palm Beach again. I had heard that they had renovated the rooms, and now had smart, classier decor, etc. The rooms were just as ugly!. Now, I know that they did not rebuild the building and could not help the layout, but the pics of the rooms on their website had the greatest set decorator of all time. I am savvy enough to know that the photos on FS websites, (in particular) tend to do the most flattering set-ups to showcase their rooms. But I had been personally assured that the rooms were all redone and the flaws and been dealt with in a very creative, aesthetically pleasing manner.

Well, just dont go there., The pool is nice the beach is nice. I hate
Miami (just sour grapes....Im just not as young and fabulous as I was
...and it is kind of depressing) The RC is also, so overrun with so many people and families that it is not such a hot choice.

I love the FS Miami, although there is no beach. I am thinking of trying Aqualina and a few other non South Beach places,

But whatever you do, unless you dont mind very expensive yet very hideous rooms, (and a very ungenerous management and a no-can-do attitude which is soooo unlike most FS) , do not assault your eyes (and intelligence) by choosing this seemingly fake FS.

I hate to complain about FS, because the properties (i.e., the physical plant...rooms, public spaces, pools, etc) are usually beautiful (regardless of what you might think of the service, style, etc.) But I warn you that if you like nice accomodations OR an okay room with concomittant prices, then stay away from this FS. There is a real disconnect....ordinary courtyard by marriott rooms (albiet,
oceanfront) but at a FS with no price break for the vulgar layouts and hideous furniture.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Ugly layout, hideous decor, architecture of the rooms, no FS style bathroom, closets, quaility
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dancemacabre
New York, NY
Reviewed September 8, 2007

My boyfriend and I just returned from a weeks stay at the Four Seasons and it turned out to be a lovely hotel. I didn't expect amazing service as it was the off season, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the staff not slacking off at all. They will go out of their way to remember your name.
Palm Beach in the off-season is pretty quiet, but being from New York, we were escaping the hustle and bustle and were perfectly happy doing very little but sunning and eating. However, people looking for any kind of night life or much activity should be aware of how seasonal Palm Beach is. We went to shop on Worth Avenue and if felt like we had the whole street and stores to ourselves - a little surreal!
The hotel is immaculately clean and polished looking - very much up to most other Four Seasons I've been to before. Pool area is lovely and it's nice to stroll right onto the beach. Service at the pool was particularly good, with lots of nice extras like treats, and cold towels - they'll even clean your sunglasses for you!
The food at the hotel is good, but very, very expensive, so it's a good idea to sometimes eat off property - City Place, a short ride from the hotel, is a very nice outdoor mall where you can find some cute, moderately priced restaurants.
Overall, this is topnotch hotel. I can say the only negative things I found (and this is really only nit-picking comparisons of other Four Seasons I've been at) are that the room tv's were a bit out of date, the bathrooms could use updating to include separate shower and tub, and the toiletries could be a higher-end brand.
These are the worst things I can say about the hotel, which is not so bad!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TribecaGal
New York, NY
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have to say I was very nervous after reading all the bad reviews about this Four Seasons that I almost changed my reservation to the Ritz Carlton in Lantana. However, as always, Four Seasons service pampered me! As others have said this hotel is not right in Palm Beach. It is about a 10 minute drive to the Breakers which is in the heart of Palm Beach. As we pulled into the Four Seasons front drive I have to say I was underwhelmed... but that was my only dissapointment. The lobby was a gorgeous yet understated white marble lobby, which was very "Palm Beach." We were sent up to our spacious Premier Ocean View King room which was a bit more expensive than the standard room but was well worth the upgrade! We had a nice sofa and chair, desk, fabulous bed and the bathroom. Although the bathroom wasn't as nice as other 5 star hotels it was still very clean and well maintained. I love the L'Occitane toiletries so that makes up for the lack of seperate tub and shower! We ate at all the restaurants and we really enjoyed the Restaurant and the Atlantic Bar and Grill. We ate twice at the Ocean Bistro, once for dinner and once for lunch. I definetly preferred lunch at Atlantic Bar and Grill over the Ocean Bistro. My favorite part of the trip was the outstanding service at the pool. Cabanas are on a first come first serve basis and we were able to get one everyday complimentary. (They charge $150 for the same thing at the Ritz) The did the usual Four Seasons poolside service which included cold scented towels, fresh fruit and a frozen cappuchino which was wonderful! We went over to the Ritz one day for lunch and I have to say their faciltiy is gorgeous. But we had bad service at the restaurant (rude waiter) and as we walked around the property we noticed they didn't have one lounge chair available at the pool.... So if you are looking for understated pampering and a relaxing setting I would stay at the Four Seasons. However the Ritz was gorgeous but very large and the service needs some time to improve!

• Liked — Amazing service
  • Disliked — Ugly architecture
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NYC10001
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I just returned from a stay at the Four Seasons from June 29 to July 4, 2007. My mother and I met here and had a great, relaxing vacation. It was her second time here and my first visit. I will admit this is the first hotel stay I've had of this caliber, as I usually settle for a simple place to sleep. Saying that, I was very happy with my first 'resort' stay as I have rather mediocre hotel experiences to use as comparison.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely, though for a better view, I would ask for a room in the north wing rather than the south on a future visit. We used the fitness facilities twice and we never had to wait for a machine.

Although the pool was a bit smaller than expected, it was fine for the time I was there, as it was never crowded. The first few days we stayed on the beach, then for the duration of the stay kept to the pool deck, laying out in the raised area where the whirlpool was situated. I recommend this spot, as it's quieter, away from the families, and you get a nice breeze from the water to keep you cool. There is also an outdoor shower up there for cooling off. One downside to being in this isolated area is sometimes the staff would forget to come over and offer water, cool towels, etc., as much as on the pool deck. We weren't neglected, but we didn't get the frequent constant service as those closer to the service area, which was alright with us.

Every night we were offered turn down service, and our room was serviced each afternoon while we were at the pool or on the beach. We called the front desk to get us a taxi the day of departure, and when the taxi was 5 minutes late the concierge called to check on it without us asking, and came over to update us.

We ate, for the most part, at the Atlantic Grill and the Ocean Bistro. Both were good, but pricey. Most days we would split a lunch, which was plenty big, and then get separate dinners. The service was great at both places and they accommodated our requests that deviated from their stated menu. For breakfast we went off site down the beach to the south that was open from 7am-3pm. The name escapes me, but if you head there, be prepared to wait in line.

I would recommend this hotel, as I had a wonderful and enjoyable stay.

• Liked — Beach
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ElizabethJordan
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My wife and I just returned from a blissful 5-day stay at the Four Seasons Resort in Palm Beach, Florida. The accomodations, staff, service, food, and amenities were splendid. Although we have stayed at many Four Seasons properties, this was our first stay at the Palm Beach resort, and the visit was excellent in every way. The resort is not to be missed.

Stayed June 2007
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach? Share your experiences!