“Dazzling digs at a lush property, with a few quibbles”

The Brazilian Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This historic hotel sits on one of the best blocks in Palm Beach, a short walk from the ocean. While my reservations were at the lowest rate, I was upgraded to a fantastic two-bedroom suite with 2.5 bathrooms and a wine refrigerator. It was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. There were TWO whirlpool bathtubs.
However, the hotel's business center had no computers. When I asked to use one of the computers at the reception desk to check my email, they graciously let me do it, only to discover it was not working. There is also a mosquito problem -- I was bitten numerous times at the pool and in my room.
Cafe Boulud, the world-class restaurant on the property, hosts Palm Beach high society nightly. The classic French food is worth the high prices.
All in all, a memorable experience -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed December 4, 2010

We had called early on the week prior to make sure we could get a great room. The lady working the reservations was able to get a 2 bedroom suite for just under 500.00 which seemed a great rate so we booked it. When we arrived at the hotel the charged me 40% more and said I was wrong and they would not budge so we left . I called the manager and he would not help either. We had the entire weekend planned around this hotel with a special dinner etc! Quite a disappointment to say the least!! I didn't mind the 800.00 bill had I been told in advance!

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank Givemethewkend
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We were disappointed as this hotel simply did not live up to our expectations.

The hotel feels very old now and lacks basic faciilities for example the hotel has a very small bar area with just a few chairs. The doors were left open. The result of this is that the heat is intolerable and unpleasant to sit at night. The beds were uncomfortable as was the bedding and with slow occupancy in the summer were perhaps not as fresh as they could have been

The hotel has a habit of valet parking in the street oposite the hotel which is on a restriced zone and charging $27 a night for the privillage

The 2nd floor room was accessed from an outside elevator non air conditioned and could be accessed from the street via a staircase which sits right outside the bedroom door so some care is needed when exiting the room

In all this just did not live up the the hype especially having stayed at the glorious Breakers nearby in the past which has improved its service and pool areas to the point of being very special.

2  Thank Blueday500
Reviewed August 26, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our second yearly trip to Brazilian Court and it was just as wonderful as our first visit last year. Actually, even better as they upgraded us to a suite this time and let me tell you, the suite was unbelieveable. As others have mentioned, the Brazilian Court is an intimate, very luxurious and very unique boutique hotel. For those of you that enjoy the larger mega resorts like Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, this might not be for you but my wife and I just love smaller, individual resorts/hotels such as this that pride themselves on beautiful rooms, ammentiies and first class service.

First of all, all of the bellhops and valet remembered us from last year, so that shows that first they are very well trained staff and the hotel focuses on hiring good people, but also that the staff obviously enjoys working here because we saw so many familiar staff members. They treat you like royalty the moment you walk in and the rooms with solid dark wook furntiure, great baths and bathroom amentieis, some suites with private seating area, nice fridges/wine fridge in the room and super comfortable beds make this place a delight. We love walking in the courtyards which gives you such a nice feeling of peace and serenity and very upscale. Dont forget to check out the little library and TV room, really a nice liltte surprise in there, and the beautiful art on the way to the very cozy and tranquil pool area is also great. We had breakfast on both visits which was very nice and the food was delicous, although service a bit slow.

We did not go to the new Beach Club this year, we went last year before it was built and it was quite nice how they drive you to the beach with umbrellas, towels, etc and pick you up. I would like to try the beach club but we were only there for two days this time so we just enjoyed the hotel. Defiantely a great little gem and we will definately be back!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Myself and my partner travel quite extensively for work and for pleasure. We have both stayed in 5 star hotels from Hong Kong to Mexico and many other places. We had a trip planned out west for the first week of August but when plans fell through we decided to head to the Keys for a few days then on to Miami.
A few weeks after planning out trip we were at a charity function and noticed a live auction piece for The Brazilian Court. After consulting a few friends we decided to bid on the resort and add it to our trip for August. We ended up bidding $600 for a two night stay in a Luxury Suite. I was really excited because even though it was off season,Palm Beach is such a beautiful place and seeing it was for charity what could be better?
That's where we were wrong. A two weeks before our trip we contacted the Brazilian Court to book our two nights because the voucher said not to book earlier. We called the front desk who put us through to the marketing department. We left three messages, wrote two emails and still did not get a response. We were starting to feel like we had been duped! Finally when we called the Hotel Manager we were told we would get a booking confirmation by a week before our arrival. We still did not have a confirmation from the hotel a day before we were supposed to arrive and were leaving Miami. We called and were told to come to the hotel, with no excuse or apology for not getting back to us.
Upon arrival we were escorted to our room by a really great bell boy but he was being shadowed by his manager that wouldn't say a word to us! We felt like we were being watched and felt so sorry for the bell boy!! When we reached our room it was obviously NOT the luxury suite we had bid $600 on and the smell of something burning was horrific! We asked what it was and finally the manager piped up and said it was because they had placed us above the salon and somebody was getting a perm!!! I was stunned. The hotel was only at 50% occupancy. I know many hotels that would have moved us but we were never offered.
We rested for a bit then headed to the front desk to ask where we should be recommended to get some dinner. We were told to go across the bridge to Cityplace. Cityplace is great but why send us out of Palm Beach?
The next day we asked to be taken to the sister property, Omphiny, to the beach. The attitude given to us was unacceptable. When you advertise this, it should not be a problem. We got over to the Omphiny and were treated exceptionally well. We even asked a beach server where we should go that evening and she printed out a few menus for us for some places we should go. Great Service! The pool at the Brazilian Court did not have pool attendants or cocktail servers. You would think when we were ordering $20 drinks you would want people to have a few!
The bottom line here is that we paid 30% MORE for our rooms that anyone at the resort that week due to low season. We were treated terribly. If you are not going to give the service you are known for DO NOT donate it to charity. We attend many events and this is not the chatter you want about your property during cocktail hour.

2  Thank Travelbug0305
Reviewed August 19, 2010

A stay at the Brazilian Court Hotel is an experience unlike anything else. Arriving at the discreet valet entrance with exotic automobiles in queue for their owners alongside the elegance and class that is Palm Beach island can be quite breathtaking. Travelers are certainly in for something a bit different from ordinary. Staying at The Brazilian Court Hotel is more akin to being a member of an exclusive club than being a patron at a Hotel / Resort. Almost to the point that the typical hotel "scorecard' becomes irrelevant, as it is more about the experience than it is the amenities. Travel + Leisure recently named Brazilian Court to the top 50 list of all hotels in North America, that alone says more than I can regarding levels of service, appointments and quality. What I can say is that the 1500+ sq/ ft suite that was my accommodation was simply something to marvel at. (Wish I had brought more friends!) The pristine Beaches of Palm Beach are a short stroll away, and the resort does provide transportation service if required (I enjoyed the walk). A stay at the Brazilian Court hotel is something that everyone should experience, and I recommend it with confidence to anyone looking to make a luxurious travel escape.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaysonsmith
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed in the most spacious and well appointed suite imaginable, and the reception staff were charming and very helpful! The pool area is small but has a very personal feel which we enjoyed. The hotel has a real quality feel to it and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#8 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!