“As Good As It Gets”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Grayton Beach, FL
“As Good As It Gets”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

The Brazilian Court surpassed my expectations in every way, the website photos do not do it justice. I was concerned that the hotel would feel stuffy, but instead, it is a gem of a hideway, tucked discreetly into a lovely historic neighborhood, with thoughtful details and gracious service. The grounds are lush and provide numerous opportunites for lounging, and the rooms (we stayed in a suite) are tastefully appointed and a pleasure to relax in. The restaurant was wondrful for both dinner and brunch and the staff could not have been more helpful. In short, why stay anywhere else? Palm Beach may be the destinaton, but the Brazilian Court is the reason I want to go back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennaplum2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Colorado
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Great small boutique hotel with beautifully decorated rooms. Lovely bathroom with large walk in shower and separate jacuzzi tub. Small vanity with only one sink and very poor lighting. Couldn't tell if I had make up on or not. I downgraded for cleanliness because there was a glob of hair in the shower that wasn't mine. Wrong color! Great valet at the door. Three short blocks from very good shopping.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
parkland fl
Reviewed November 12, 2009

First, my reservation was taken by Matthew, and I include his name because it is to his credit that I decided to book after our conversation. He was very personable and caring to my concern of a nice experience. I researched all the other top hotels in the area. He gave us a special room to make our 20th anniversary unforgettable. I told him it was my surprise to my husband and I wanted it to be special since we were only able to stay one night. He promised it would be just what he described, but I have to tell you it was even better. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel special and the attention is outstanding. (its because its a small boutique hotel and management must have done a great job, as all staff were very attentive and kind.) The really, large room was so beautiful that we decided we are going to redo our master at home and took many photos. Okay, now the restaurant was so beautiful at night, but the food was amazing. Don't forget dessert. You can walk out the door into a charming neighborhood which is only 2 blks from Worth Ave. We didn't have time to go to the beach club. We will definitely come back though. We have traveled enough to know a fine hotel. This is it. Even the price this time of year was good for what we got. I told Matthew I was going to put a review online after our stay, regardless of how it was, so here it is in all its glory. Thanks ALL!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This was my second stay at the Brazillian Court. I fell in love with the BC during my first stay and decided to plan my best girl friend's Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party here. All of the staff was gracious and super friendly and the suite we had was more than accomodating! All of the ladies enjoyed the abundant ammenities of the Brazillian Court - including the Beach Club Access at the swanky new Omphoy. We couldn't have asked for a better stay! Thank you, BC for giving our Bride-to-be a weekend she'll never forget!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
new york
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed at the BC after the renovations were finished. Lovely hotel. Reminded me of Hollywood in the 30's. Very nice suite. All new and very luxurious. Try out that tub! Don't miss Cafe Bouloud. One of the best restaurants in Florida.
Small pool, but only a few blocks from the ocean. A two minute walk to Worth Avenue, too.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The was our second stay at the BC within 2 years. Our first experience was excellent, that is one of two reasons we chose to stay once again. The second being that the resort was opening a "Beach Club" which was to include a private beach, pool, spa services as well as food and beverage services. This is the one area that the hotel was lacking and in dire need of, especially in hot Florida summers(it was 95 degrees that weekend).
Upon arrival our room was not ready, we were early so we waited at the bar for about an hour and had drinks till the room was serviced. When we asked the bartender how the beach club was (The BC website has been promoting it's opening as July 2009), he informed us that it was not open. Needless to say we were VERY disappointed. When we checked in at the desk we were not told about this, apparently the hotel does not disclose this unless you ask....Then they offer you a chair and an umbrella and a ride to the beach. We tried to be optimistic and went to the hotel pool, while lovely it is very small. Upon arrival it was obvious it has not been tended to in some time, there were wet towels everywhere left by previous swimmers, no fresh towels for us or others. My husband had to phone the desk twice in order to get fresh towels...20 minutes later they arrived. We wanted to order drinks but there was not anyone in sight to take a drink order, after the towel nonsense we did not want to be bothered.

The room was beautiful but our tub was non functioning, my husband phoned the desk about this and they said that they could send someone up at that point. It was 9:45 pm and we both did not want a repairman in our room at that hour.
The final straw was the maid coming into our room at 10 pm for the turn down service, when I called the desk to complain about this I was told they turn down till 10:30 pm. This is Palm Beach, where the average age is 65 years old. I found it very hard to believe that they turn down a seniors room at 10:30 pm. This was ridiculous.

This was my husband's 30th Birthday weekend and we wanted a relaxing, romantic weekend. I had contemplated staying at The Breakers because their prices were comparable and they had a special package offering free golf, but we chose the BC based on our previous stay and the new Beach Club. Needless to say I regret that decision. This is no longer our first choice in Palm Beach.

The hotels resolution for their errors was to offer my husband $40 off our total bill. In addition to these complaints I attempted to contact the concierge TWICE to make special arrangements for my husbands birthday and was never responded to via e-mail. When I phoned the hotel to make special requests the individual who answered the phone told me that they do not accommodate such requests, which was Champagne on ice. The hotel appeared to be under staffed in certain respects such as housekeeping, pool bar service, etc. I would be appalled had we paid full rates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FLNOLE
UK
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stayed for a couple of days last week, and loved it. PB is off season in June so the rates were pretty low ($140?) but the service was exceptional, the food and drinks were excellent, the property is immaculate, and the perfect pool was a welcome relief from the scorching sun.

They gave us a complimentary room upgrade to a jnr suite with a balcony that went out to a little passage to the pool. Only snag with the room was that being on the ground floor and looking out onto dense foliage - it was a bit dark, that said we spent so little time in the room during the day it didnt matter. If we return I will probably go with the basic room, as they have all been done up so well Im not sure theres much in it.

Cafe Boulud was excellent and jammed with people despite PB being pretty much deserted. It may not be fine dining - I think theyve changed the menu for a credit crunch friendly version - however its all good!

One final thought - despite being low season - its still a place where people dress up - think ralph lauren ads...and if your female - dont forget your heels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#7 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!