“Not great at all for the price”

The Brazilian Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
“Not great at all for the price”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

A nice setting, well decorated, with nice public areas.
But...I really had a terrible room! It was small, not well conceived and what was really awful is that there was no window, or such a small window that day light could not come through with a view on the air conditioning system.
The breakfast was nice and the waiters very helpful and warm, which was not the case at all of the rest of the staff who made me feel very uneasy.
Next time I will check my room first or pick another hotel.
Palm Beach is a great place though. There must be nicer hotels to stay in!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Nicolas M
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Nicolas M,

We thank you for choosing us and taking the time to leave valuable feedback concerning your stay, I apologize hat the lighting in your room was not adequate, as we are an Historic Hotels of America property, we must remain constant in our structural design and due to this unfortunately there are some examples of where the original design is somewhat inefficient by today's standards. If you would like to contact me directly, I can make note of your desire for a brighter room as we do offer these types of preferences to our guests. Once again, I apologize for your less than stellar stay, and I hope we get the opportunity to provide you with a satisfactory Brazilian Court experience in the future.

mhaygood@braziliancourt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Evian-les-Bains, France
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and the public spaces of the hotel are really lovely - the outdoor courtyard for drinks and meals is beautiful.
the bedrooms on the otherhand are bad - noisy from both the neighbours and outside bin trucks early in the morning, and just generally very tired. The A/C unit was so noisy that it had to be off for any sleep, the room was dark and just nothing compared to the rest of the hotel.
You have daily vouchers for breakfast - kind of a wierd concept in today's modern techno world. It felt cheap. Breakfast was good though with a good service as was dinner.
Would I go back? for dinner only but I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank manil0u
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Paranoa,

Thank you for joining us and providing your feedback, We are glad that you enjoyed the public spaces and courtyards. We apologize that your room was not to your liking, I am concerned about the volume of the AC unit as well as the "bin trucks" early in the morning. If you could provide me with more information so that I may address these concerns, I would appreciate it. I apologize that you did not appreciate the form of the breakfast vouchers and I have shared this information with our staff, however I am glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast and dinner. If I can personally ever be of any service to you, do not hesitate to connect with me directly.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nothing less than a disaster. No hot water. If you want a hot shower, do it before 7 am. Even at 4:30 in the afternoon no hot water. The staff told us we need to shower extremely early or shower before bedtime. No perks for Leading Hotels Of The World. Even checking in, they did not realize we were part of that group. They told us we would receive a gift and it never came. The check-in staff was uncaring, not friendly, and did not pay attention to needs when suggestions were made for the reservation. The room was pretty but only a chair for 2 people, otherwise you have to sit on the bed to watch television or read. Breakfast was a disaster also. We received our breakfast coupons and the lady told us we could only use them for the special that wasn't even on the menu that day. The valet (bell men) were extremely friendly, helpful and always willing to suggest restaurants and places to shop. A plus for them. We sat at the pool for almost an hour one afternoon and not once did anyone ask if we wanted a drink or something to eat. Instead he-they waited on a family of 8 like every 5 minutes. Totally disenchanted with this hotel. The manager sent us a message giving us 1 night free stay there to make it up to us. REALLY? Like I would fly there for one night from St. Louis. Not good relations at all. No thank you...

Room Tip: I do not have any.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Missy5163
Dear Missy5163,

Thank you for joining us here at The Brazilian Court Hotel during your visit to Palm Beach and taking the time to share your feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the issues described in your review. I am terribly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, and can assure that we have every intention on correcting these areas of concern.

Here at the Brazilian Court, we make special efforts to ensure that all of our guests receive any due amenities, definitely including members of Leading Hotels Of The World. It sounds like there was an inadequacy with your reservation if we were unprepared to extend these provisions to you and I will be sure to speak with the reservations department about this.

If it is at all possible for you to contact me directly so that we may discuss your experience in further detail, I would be extremely grateful, as these, like all outstanding guest concerns, need our immediate attention. We appreciate your compliments to the bell staff and I will be sure to pass them along as well.

Furthermore, I apologize that our attempt to offer you compensation was not adequate and I would like to speak with you about resolving this concern as well, As it is our mission to provide top-notch service and never to leave a guest dissatisfied. I am willing to do everything in my power to further accommodate you.

At The Brazilian Court Hotel, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with an exceptional experience and build loyalty for many years to come. Once again, on behalf of all the staff here at the Brazilian Court I want to offer my sincerest apology, and we hope to better serve you in the future.

Kennebunk, Maine
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel met our needs for a one nite "staycation" but I would not recommend for a Florida getaway. We we're upgraded to a spacious suite but the decor was very dark and a little worn. The staff was gracious and the location to Worth Ave. is superior to The Breakers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank charles a
Dear Charles A,

Thank you for joining us and your valuable feedback. While we're happy to have met your needs here at the Brazilian Court, I am concerned about your hesitance to recommend us for a Florida getaway, as we hope to be able to provide the best level of service and experience, no matter the occasion. I would ask, if you could, please contact me directly so that I may better understand our inadequacies in detail, that I may address them with the rest of the staff to always ensure our continued improvement.

Allentown
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I were a bit underwhelmed by our stay at the Brazilian Court. It's a quaint, old hotel in the heart of Palm Beach in a great location. The first room we checked into was nice with a private courtyard. It was very private but the air condition was not working and it was 80+ degrees in the room so we had to switch. The new room they put us in was bigger and very nice. The bed was just ok, not terribly comfortable. One thing that was awesome was the shower in the room. It was great! Tons of water pressure. You can tell it had the bigger, older pipes that allow for a lot more water pressure then today's contemporary showers. The whole time we were there, the staff was friendly and very accommodating, even when we had the problem with the first room, they sprung into action to accommodate us. One thing to avoid is the spa services unless you are a woman getting your hair done. My wife and I both had massages. The massage room is basically a closet in the corner of the hair salon. It was tight, loud and not very relaxing and it was really expensive. It's really a joke and we were both very disappointed. Definitely pass on the "spa" treatments. Other than that it was just average by Palm Beach standards. The restaurant at Cafe Boulud is outstanding.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room nowhere near the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andwrig
Dear Andwrig,

Thank you, for allowing us the pleasure of serving you and your wife here at the Brazilian Court Hotel, and for sharing your valuable feedback. First, we want to apologize for the malfunction with the air conditioning in your first room, but happy we could make the appropriate adjustment and meet your satisfaction. We are pleased that you enjoyed the shower, as we work very hard to provide top notch amenities for all of our guests. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and I will be sure to pass them along. We apologize that you did not enjoy your spa experience, and we will attempt to address the issues you mentioned, I will also be happy to provide the positive feedback to Café Boulud as well. If there is anything I can help you with in the future to better accommodate you, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

New york
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Our room was shabby and dirty. The hallways were rarely clean and everything from room service plates to someone's dirty stockings were lying on the floor of the hallway. Some staff tried but there were a couple of receptionists who were extremely rude.
There was no attendant at the pool - the pool surrounds were unkept. No towels at end of the day. We were eaten alive by Mosquitos.
It have stayed before and it was acceptable- this time a disaster .... Never agian

Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Nytraveller T
BrazilianCourtPB, General Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear NyTraveller T,

Thank you for returnging to The Brazilian Court Hotel during your visit to Palm Beach and taking the time to share your feedback.

Please allow me to apologize for the issues you described in your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and can assure you that what you described is not the norm. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay and obtain more details. My email is lbilotta@braziliancourt.com and direct line is (561)366-4300.

At The Brazilian Court Hotel, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with an exceptional experience and build loyalty for many years to come. On behalf of all the staff at the Brazilian Court, we hope to better serve you in the future.

Leticia Bilotta
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2014

So quaint and special!
Our 2 bedroom suite was massive, clean and luxurious. The decor was a bit dark for my liking, but that did not deter from the beauty! The proximity to Worth Avenue was perfect and the hotel drove us to the beach with complementary reading material, water and beach chair. The restaurant, Boulad was a treat!

My only complaint was the lack of assistance at the pool. By 8am all the chairs in the sun were reserved, some people not showing up until 10ish!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was very large!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank momo4tmdc
Dear momo4tmdc,
Thank you for staying at the Brazilian Court Hotel and taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay.

I am delighted that you chose to title your review "Fabulous!". What a compliment! Thank you for the wonderful comments about your suite, the location of the hotel and your "beach experience". Cafe Boulud is always a wonderful treat. Glad you enjoyed it!

Our guests love to start their day at our newly renovated pool and because the Brazilian Court is a boutique hotel, the pool setting is quaint. We have staff that services the pool on the hour and I will ensure this is done a consistent basis. Please visit the pool during your next stay and a staff member will be happy to assist you.

On behalf of all the staff, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Leticia Bilotta
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,169 reviews

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!