“Quiet and Romantic”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Florida
“Quiet and Romantic”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband surprised me with a getaway for my Birthday. The hotel was just perfect, we had Superior King Suite with a private terrace it was amazing. The room was big, it even had a wet bar with a wine fridge. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower big and it also had a separate jacuzzi tub. Beautiful courtyards, with lush landscaping, and water fountains, just a beautiful hotel. Definitely not for children but yes for Romance and a get away from it all. The service was first class, turn down, chocolates, fresh towels, etc. We had the pleasure of having dinner at the Hotel's restaurant, Cafe Boulud, by the world re known chef Daniel Boulud. The service was out of this world, Monica our server was so knowledgeable and friendly, she really was amazing, the candle lights,the music everything first class and perfect. The food was delicious. And let's not forget you are just around the corner from famous Worth Avenue where you can shop till you drop and then just walk back to this amazing oasis in Palm Beach.

Room Tip: we stayed in Room 238, away from elevator, and pool. With a Private terrace I would ask for that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Flaca58;

Happy Belated Birthday! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your surprise visit with us.
238 is one of my favorite rooms too. The private terrace is a treat when wanting to unwind and relax!

We look forward to having you with us again!

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were able to obtain a terrific summer deal on this hotel and consequently booked for 6 nights. I have vacationed in PB for years, but this was my first time at BC and I found it to be a lovely, elegant, and tranquil place. The hotel is small enough to maintain a boutique feel, the grounds are thick with impeccably maintained lush tropical foliage. I particularly loved the smooth jazz music playing over the speakers in the guest courtyard, and enjoyed spending lots of time there. Staff were wonderful and perfectly accomodating, service was friendly and non intrusive. We had poolside service from Cafe Bouloud almost daily, the food was delicious and I highly recommend the "big enough for two" club sandwich. If you get a chance to dine in the restaurant at Cafe Bouloud, it is well worth it...had perhaps my favorite meal of the trip there.

The standard room was huge (much larger than at the nearby Chesterfield), comfortable, and decorated in West Indian tropical motif. My only complaint about the room is that the walls are very thin, and one cannot avoid hearing full conversations going on in the next room (or screaming toddlers, as was our unfortunate case. I should note; however, that we did not report this problem to managment, they would likely have allowed us to switch rooms). I wish there was better insulation or soundproofing, otherwise, the room was lovely and had a fantastic bathroom with separate jet tub, as well as a spacious walk in closet.

The location can't be beat...just a few blocks from Worth Avenue, the marina, County Road, and the beach.

One point to mention is the overnight parking fee, currently $27 per night. I had learned of this from another TripAdvisor post, otherwise would've had a bit of sticker shock at checkout as it was not mentioned at check in. This left me a bit confused as to how to tip the valets as well.

Overall this is an excellent, romantic, and quietly elegant hotel, my favorite now in PB. Another point I MUST mention is that this is a pet friendly hotel, which was the primary reason I decided to book here. There is a $100 nonrefundable pet fee, which is comparatively very reasonable with other place I've traveled with our dog. I hope they maintain this policy, if so, it will be my future PB "home away from home" for years to come.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hermeschick
Dear hermeschick;

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your stay. You touched on many great amenities that the hotel offers to ours guests.

Our four legged guests have been and will always be welcome at The Brazilian Court Hotel. So we look forward to being your new home away home!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel located in the heart of Palm Beach is utterly charming. The decor is West Indies, dark woods, island themed. The rooms are reached through tropically landscaped courtyards. The rooms are beautiful, huge bathroom, with separate tub and shower. Loads of closet space, and drawers. The wet bar even includes a wine fridge! Why, I don't know. The honor bar is well stocked, and thankfully had a toothbrush, as I forgot mine. Located on site is Cafe Boulud, Chef Daniel Boulud's only Palm Beach restaurant. The restaurant never disappoints. The Frederick Fekkai hair salon is also on-site. This is a hotel for adults, nothing of interest to children. Dogs are welcome, but I didn't notice any during our stay. The staff is friendly, and well trained. Our 2 nite stay was totally restful, and enjoyable.

1 Thank lindanaples1
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear lindanaples1,

I enjoyed reading your comments about The Brazilian Court Hotel. It sounds as though you were able to enjoy many of the great attributes our hotel offers!

Each room is designed different and we have many different color schemes. It makes return visits new and different than the last! On that note, we look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to Palm Beach

Tn.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were pleased when we arrived, to be able to check in very early, AND were upgraded to one of the largest one bedroom suites by the pool! (We simply had a one bedroom suite booked.)
Although the heat is daunting this time of year, it was quiet and very relaxing.
As someone who travels alot, I understand how important the staff is at a hotel to the overall experience of a vacation. They can make or break a good trip.
The front desk, Edwin, Ashley Rhodes, Norma Contreras, and Chelsea were extremely helpful and friendly.
I MUST acknowledge them for making our trip great.
I realize this was "off season" but assume they are like this all of the time.
Loved the food-- incredible---
The air-conditioning was not quite cool enough for me-- and it had to be checked several times-- but with a large extra fan, it was comfortable. Of course JUNE is so hot in Fl.
Otherwise, have nothing but good things to say all the way around.

Room Tip: In the season, poolside rooms are likely noisier...but summer time was very quiet.
Dear writergirlTn,

I am pleased to see that our front office staff stood out to you! They work very hard to accomodate our guests needs and to exceed the guests expectations. I know they will be proud of you naming them in your review.

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We look forward to having you with us again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Brazilian Court has been a favorite for a few years now and is always a wonderful stay. The staff is very accommodating and friendly, the hotel is very clean, it's quiet and a great location. Definitely try the burger at the restaurant while you're there. It is really THE BEST burger we have ever had!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Andrea W,

Thank you for your kind words about The Brazilian Court Hotel. The burger is one of my favorites at Cafe Boulud as well. But... DESERT is always tasty as well!

Thank you again for taking time to write a review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Spent a weekend getaway here as a couple and it was perfect. We were upgraded to a room with a large balcony and it was amazing. While it is not on the beach it is only a few blocks away and we decided to lounge at the pool anyway. Unless you are specifically looking for a hotel with a beach view from your room this hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway. The location for shopping and restaurants is great, we will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KMHJNH,

Couples and Romantic is our specialty! I am so happy your were able to enjoy your time!

We hope you think of us when you need that night away again!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very nice - we loved this place. The room was great as was the pool and grounds. It was extremely private and relaxing. The bar and restaurant got busy in the evening. the pool area was very private and nice.

Dear Kjorgen,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit at The Brazilian Court. It is always nice for the staff to see positive guest feeback about the property and the service they provide.

Thank you again and please come again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!