“Bungalow not so much”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Bungalow not so much”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Brazilian Court Hotel for one night. I checked in around 11am and my room was available. The room was a bit up of walk, up steep stairs. Once I got to my room, it was a nice room and the bathroom was spacious. I took a bath and it had a jacuzzi jets, which was enjoyable. I loved the location and how it was in walking distance to Worth Avenue.

I had lunch at Cafe Boulud, and here is where the story heats up. I ordered a small lobster salad, and side salad and iced tea for $65. It was delicious, but I thought it was overpriced. While I was sitting there and enjoying my iced tea and looking out the window, I got bit by a mosquito. Once that happened, my lunch was complete. I walked back to my room to get changed to go to the gym, and I got bit another three times. I went to the gym, which was located across the street. It was so small, It didn't fit the $550 room rate they charge. I couldn't enjoy my workout due to the throbbing bites I received. I go to the front desk and inquire about a Gift shop and they don't have one. Okay - Do you have bug spray? No! They give me a printed card with walking directions to the CP Pharmacy. I walk to the Pharmacy which is 15 minutes away from the hotel and back.

I had a facial and hair blow out at Frederic Fekkai. The facialist was 30 minutes behind schedule.

I ordered room service and they got my meal wrong.

After these events, I'm going to try another location in Palm Beach next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I are Leader's Club members already for many years (Leading Hotels of the World) and that is how we found the Brazilian Court. The hotel is very well located - a nice street, one block from Worth Avenue and 2-3 blocks from the beautiful beach.
Our short stay was very nice. Valet service was excellent. The staff at the reception was very courteous. Our room was clean and well appointed. Elegance with a casual atmosphere.
We recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear MoniqueVG,

As a Leading Hotel of the World Member, it means a lot to us when we hear such positive feedback! Our team strives to meet our guests needs.

Although the climate here is warming, May is a beautiful month to come and enjoy a longer stay! I hope you can make it back soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the very adult Brazilian Court hotel with 4 of our young children after spending nearly a week at Disney. It was a true oasis. Our 2 bedroom suite felt like a home away from home. From the turn down service to our daily breakfast , everything was prepared with upmost care. The concierge was ever so patient and helpful with our dining needs. I was concerned as most of the guests were without kids. But, in fact our children had a marvellous time and loved their in room dining choices and the warm pool.
The human scale and casual elegance of the hotel should be feted. If we return to Palm Beach The Brazilian Court will definitely be our first choice.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Mimiophi;

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable family vacation.

I will share your remarks with our Concierge whom I know will be overjoyed with your feedback.

Thank you for making us your number 1 choice when in Palm Beach! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

St. George, Bermuda
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here with friends last October and what a place!! It is a smaller boutique hotel tucked amongst the palm trees on Australian Ave in Palm Beach. You wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it, but once you enter, you know you've arrived!!

The staff are so attentative - after the first day, they call you by name every time thereafter. The suites are out of this world. Really classy, like something from the 50's. Lots of wood everywhere and big suites. Courtyards and fountains everywhere and just so relaxing.

The food in the restaurant is excellent and again the service impeccable. There are fabulous restaurants close by on Worth Avenue and on the main strip, each one a gem.

Absolutely loved it and will be returned hopefully this year again. Would highly recommend this hotel if you want a nice quite few days away with a few friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LizMayne
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear LizMayne;

I truely enjoyed the excitment in your review. I will share your comments with the staff who I know will be encouraged by your remarks.

We hope that you are able to come visit again soon.

True North
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise. We took four of our young kids there for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. although it is not a child-centered hotel, it was perfect and lovely. the vice is calm and elegant. the Restaurant food is impeccable and the pool is cute and warm. i cant put my finger on why the hotel is so much better than Breakers and Four Seasons--it just is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank REYMYSTERIOJR
Dear REYMYSTERIOJR;

Thank you for your comments. It is so wonderful to hear great descriptions of the hotel!

There are many local attractions in the area that our Concierge can arrange for you for future visits.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite (235) and the second bedroom was extremely dark - the only, very small window faced a set of pipes and machinery. The shower temperature control didn't work, so there was no hot water in the shower. Fortunately, the separate tub and the other bathroom worked fine. Overall, the room was attractive but dark with a fairly small living room and a small deck that was nice, but had walls around it with no view out. The pool itself and the pool area were quite dirty the one evening we visited the pool. Service was just fair, some staffers were great and others just OK. Cafe Boulud was good. Good location, but overall the hotel was not as good as it should be for the price.

Room Tip: Avoid the queen bed room, 235 as it's quite small and very dark.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BLL3020
Connecticut
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from this wonderful hotel and couldn't be more pleased. We had a delightful time. We booked a one bedroom suite - the Valentino - It was spacious, the furniture very comfortable (2 sofas, and two armchairs with additional seating along the wall) in addition to a large table with 4 chairs (where we had a sumptuous breakfast each day). Room service was perfection - eggs cooked as ordered - berries ripe, beautiful, and delicious. We also had a private terrace with chaises and another table with chairs. The bathroom was large and well appointed - even had a make-up mirror. The only small flaw would be the hair dryer. It was a very small model and took a long time to dry my hair...... Perhaps they could invest in a larger more powerful one? The suite was well air conditioned and we slept soundly each night.
Cafe Boulud was a 5 star experience - the Holland Dover sole was magnificent - key lime pie was wonderful... You really need reservations here - it was packed every night. We ate outside every evening - I could go on and on. Shopping on Worth Avenue was amazing.

Room Tip: Book a one bedroom suite - spacious and lovely!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear CleaConnecticut,

"Elegant, Refined, and Perfection!" We will take that description with a smile!

The Valentino suite is one of my favorite suites too. Great location and lay out is spacious. The terrace is also a great treat for visitors from out of state whom come here to enjoy the warmer climate.

Thank you for the feedback about the hair dryer. This will be noted for when the hotel makes changes and/or upgrades to room amenities.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!