“Love the Brazilian Court Hotel”

The Brazilian Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
St. George, Bermuda
“Love the Brazilian Court Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you want a beautiful place to stay in Palm Beach, this has to be right up there. It is calm, it is beautiful, the rooms and staff are fantastic.

Apart from the great dining experiences on offer at the hotel itself, it is only five minutes walk to Worth Avenue.

Don't miss Taboo for dinner or for lunch.

For lunch, a coffee, or just a little sit down drink visit Via Flora.

For a great experience in thrifting of the highest quality, don't miss calling into the Church Mouse.

For a walk, cross the bridge to the Mall, or catch a taxi.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This is a "Leading hotel of the world" If you have the card for this, it is so worthwhil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Patsypai,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Brazilian Court Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

There are a lot of great options for dining and shopping while in Palm Beach. Cafe Boulud, Taboo, and Church Mouse are great recomendations. Thank you for sharing your experience.

We hope to be at your service again soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I went to pee in the bathroom I lifted the toilet lid and there was a lot of brown urine on the seat. I called downstairs, 10 minutes went by and someone came up to assess the situation. He said :"I'm gonna send a cleaning lady". 30 minutes goes by and now I find myself having to go to the reception bathroom facility so I can urinate! The cleaning lady finally arrives, she sprays the toilet seat, wipes "it" and leaves. My complain here is if there was pee there, who's to say there isn't other stuff elsewhere in the bathroom???? When I called again to ask if something more could be done I became "the one who spoiled her bathroom and needs someone to clean it!" Really???? Dang!!!!

That evening I ordered room service, the person forgot to bring cutleries and left with the lids on the food plates. So I found myself staring at my not so hot food anymore without being able to eat until they return with a fork.

I'm sure it was just a bad day for them (as it was for me) but I wished they would of been more on top of things with the questionable brown stuff on my toilet seat and I wish they didn't assume it was my doing wrong! The whole thing left me so bitter about this hotel! I travel a lot for work and for years now and I NEVER experienced anything like this!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Eve S
BrazilianCourtPB, General Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Eve S,
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your review with you. This is the first complaint of this nature that has ever been reported.

At the Brazilian Court Hotel, a Leading Hotel of the World and AAA Four Diamond rated hotel, we take pride in exceeding our cleanliness standards and meeting our guest expectations. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

I will await to hear from you to discuss this matter more in detail. lbilotta@braziliancourt.com or 1-800-552-0335.
Leticia Bilotta
missburrito
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent 3 days at The Brazilian Court with my husband, dog, and mother-in-law. The staff was able to give us two rooms next to one another, and even put us right next to a door leading outside, so that we could easily take our dog out for walks. Each of the buildings is very well maintained and the history behind each of the rooms well documented. We loved sitting in the small courtyards, relaxing by the pool, and enjoying the sitting areas in each building. The best part...Cafe Boulud. We ate there 4 times in 3 days. Each meal was better than the last.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank missburrito
Dear missburrito,

The staff at The Brazilian Court strives to exceed our guests expectations and needs. The front office team was proactive in blocking your rooms near each other while keeping in mind that you had a pet. I know they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to having you visit again.

Naples FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked the Brazilian at the last minute so we could stay overnight after dining at Cafe Boulud. The room was small but very comfortable and quiet. Beautifully appointed - quality linens, robes, a gorgeous wet bar. The bathroom was also small but lovely. The carpet adjoining the bathroom tile was a little tattered (we owned a boutique hotel so we know it helps for guests to point out maintenance issues). The location is fabulous - walk to shopping and the beach - never had to get into the car. We were able to negotiate the pet fee down but felt for a return visit it is somewhat punitive ($100 per pet). We understand that rooms need extra cleaning after some pets but believe it should be a fixed amount. We would probably stay at the Chesterfield or Four Seasons as they accept pets and build those fees into the room rate - sometimes pet friendly isn't really! Better to just not accept them, which is completely understandable from an owner's standpoint. We were happy to have the opportunity to enjoy it and will be back for more Cafe Boulud. (PS Make sure you have breakfast there, it was fabulous!)

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor - it had a private staircase and outdoor deck and was very quiet.
1 Thank thechefnaplesfl
Dear thechefnaplesfl,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Brazilian Court Hotel.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed Cafe Boulud and were able to experience other places on the island with ease. Location is definently important when you visit Palm Beach.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

rotterdam, holland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overpriced! We stayed there from 12/28/12 till 1/2/2013 and paid about $700 per night for a very dark so-called luxury room next to the pool. A tiny bathroom with hardly space for 2 people being there at the same time. When checking in the receptionist said they upgraded us, well, I wonder what you get for this price when you're not. It took a walk through the garden and corridors to get to our room. Staff was okay but not as friendly as one would expect. Prices in this hotel are outrageous. Resuming: Never again. There are far better hotels for this price.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist to show you the room before you check in
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank henny913
BrazilianCourtPB, General Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear henny91,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share the shortcomings you experienced as it is by means of such feedback that we are able to improve where we fell short. I have addressed your concerns with the Front Desk team and assure you this is not the level of service we are known for and our employees pride themselves on.

The Brazilian Court Hotel has 80 beautifully designed rooms with unique floor plans that range from 400-1925 square feet; some with mahogany french doors that lead out to the pool area such as the accommodation you received. I have updated your Guest Profile to reflect your preferences to ensure you receive a brighter room not accessible by the pool area and with double vanities in the bathroom.

We recognize you have other choices when selecting a hotel in Palm Beach and thank you for choosing to stay at the Brazilian Court Hotel. I hope your recent stay will not deter you from considering the Brazilian Court in the future. I would be most grateful if you allow us the opportunity to establish your faith in our hotel. I invite you to reach out to me to personally assist in making your next reservation and will see to it that you receive the complimentary upgrade and we exceed your expectations.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Normally don't write reviews but this place prompted me to. From top to bottom 5 stars. Amazing location walking distance from everything and I mean everything you need. World's premiier shopping locations just around the block. Beach access two blocks away. Cafe Boulud a must if you stay here. Staff makes you feel like a celeb. Rooms are immaculate, check out the spa while you are there.

1 Thank santanaj7563
BrazilianCourtPB, Manager at The Brazilian Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear santanaj7563;

I am overjoyed reading your review. Sounds like you were able to explore the wonderful area that The Brazilian Court resides in.

We look forward to having you visit again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Brazilian Court (BC). Overall a pleasant experience. To sum things up, the location, facilities, and restaurant are excellent, but the inconsistent service detracts from the experience.

First the good. The BC is a small boutique hotel located a short walk from both the beach and the heart of Palm Beach, Worth Avenue. So you really do not need to rent a car or even use a taxi much because everything is within walking distance. An added bonus is that the hotel is a very short taxi ride from the airport so you can be at the hotel easily within half an hour upon landing.

We rented a suite which was quite large. The bathroom was also large with a seperate bathtub and shower and marble floors. The bedroom and TV room were hardwood. The bed, pillows, sofa etc were all very comfortable. And there were two TV's, one in each room which was also nice.

Facilities were also very good. Although I did not use the gym, went for a jog along the beach instead, I did pay a visit and it was well equipped. The pool area, also in a courtyard setting was very nice, surrounded by lush palm trees and other plants. It was a little small but it was always easy to find lounge chairs. Also the restaurant, and food in general, was very good. We had lunch there twice and breakfast one day and the food was delicious. The restaurant's outdoor patio was also a great location. We did not eat dinner there but only because we had made other plans, but I would have liked to do so.

So why only three stars. The problem with the hotel was a very inconsistent performance from the staff. We went to the front desk to ask a couple questions and they acted as if we were being an annoyance. The first day we asked for the beach supplies and the shuttle. It took them about 20 minutes to get organized and finally we just hopped into a cab (which they comped) -- the entire event was completely unorganized. On the second day we returned to the room around 3:00 pm and it was still not cleaned. We called and they told us they would be right up but did not get there until around 4pm. Hotel management called and inquired and they made sure the cleaning ladies came at 10:30 am the next day. On another occasion we asked for a taxi at the front door, they told us they would call one and to just wait in the lounge and they would tell us when it arrived (it is a small lounge so its right there by the front door). We waited around for roughly 10 minutes, finally I went to see what was happening and a taxi driver was about to leave because he was waiting around for us and no one told us he had arrived. This is not to say all of the service was bad. The turn down service, aside from the one day was quite good, hotel staff generally were friendly and one of the doormen remembered my name and asked how our stay was. I think they are well intentioned but just lack someone to really train them on how to service their guests. If the BC could improve the service performance the place would really be up there with one of the best places we have ever stayed at.

I would go back because the location is just too convenient, both in terms of its location to the airport and within Palm Beach. Also the restaurant and facilities were very good. If the BC could get its service act together it would be one of my favourites.

Dear Ulysseys;

Thank you for taking time to tell us about what you enjoyed about your stay and about the areas we can improve on.

I know with training and your feedback the department managers and staff will work towards a better process for beach runs, taxi cabs, and the other areas you mentioned. They are driven with a passion to succeed and they want to satisfy our guests needs. Take housekeeping service for example; issue was known and then was resolved. And again, I thank you for the feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#9 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,138 reviews

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!