Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5starsforme
New York City, New York

Nice place to stay for a couple days

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 1, 2008
This is a lovely hotel with friendly staff and charming (if not large) rooms. One downside was the room service, which arrived incomplete and by the time the missing items were obtained, the food was cold (or eaten!). The other downside was Cafe Boloud, which I will not visit again. But the bellman, valets and front desk people were very helpful and kind. The pool is nothing fancy but pretty and relaxing.
Date of stay: February 2008
    $136
5.6 miles from The Brazilian Court Hotel & Beach Club
6.1 miles from The Brazilian Court Hotel & Beach Club
View more hotels in Palm Beach
All reviews cafe boulud worth avenue jacuzzi tub one bedroom suite boutique hotel top notch romantic getaway small hotel beautiful hotel valet staff turn down service favorite hotel long weekend public beach beach chairs the entire staff bc
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We spent a long weekend here in January, & although the property in itself is beautiful, the prices are way too high for what you get. The rooms are great, and great attention has been paid to every little detail. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the architectural detailing is perfect, & the bathrooms are luxurious. However, we felt it was way too expensive compared to other properties.

Although the hotel is supposedly non-smoking, rooms on both sides of us smoked a lot, as did people at the pool, and smoke seeped into our room. Also, the walls are very thin, and we spent all night one night listening to the tv next door. We called the front desk three times during the night & nothing happened.

They've spared no expense in restorations, but other amenities were terrible. The beach chairs were old & rusted, the bicycles were cheap & in terrible condition (and they charged you the price of a rental car for them). Service was very slow for what you'd expect - even when we clicked on the "please service room" button at 9:30 am, when we returned at noon our room still hadn't been made up. They also don't offer any beach bags to take to the beach.

The restaurant is superb, and there's a fun bar scene on Friday & Saturday, but make sure you ask for a quiet room or you'll be hearing the music & people in the courtyard all night. Overall, unless you get a special rate, I'd opt for another property worth the hefty price.

Date of stay: January 2008
2  Thank Kikik1234
Reviewed January 9, 2008

This is the place to stay in Palm Beach!!! What an awesome property! We went down there for a nice relaxing weekend and just loved this place. It is great for couples. The rooms are smaller - but this hotel goes back to the 1920's so that is completely understandable! the rooms are decorated so beautifully the size is not a problem. The bathroom is top of the line marble, etc. There is a wine fridge in your room! We had a nice quiet room - room 222 - towards the rear courtyard which was well located and very nice and quiet. I can only imagine that the rooms closer to Cafe Boulud must be noisy at that place is "the place" for dining and dancing and the overflow into that courtyard must be bothersome to the rooms overthere.... Cafe Boulud is a MUST for dinner - make reservations as soon as you book your room to stay here. The pool is nice, and we loved the location of being walking distance to Worth Ave, the beach, etc. You can't go wrong staying here - plus it was a younger hip crowd vs. the older gang at the breakers. Can't wait to go back!!!

Date of stay: November 2007
2  Thank hipcat36
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Some booking sites are very upfront that this hotel will be under renovation through the remainder of 2007 (exterior, public areas, the pool, rooms). The hotel's Web site doesn't mention anything about it, but The Leading Hotels of the World Web site does. Just stayed at the Brazilian Court (August 25-26, 2007) and here's the report.

I called the front desk the week before arriving and they told me that all exterior renovations were complete, including the pool. They were. I think the whole northwest part of the hotel was closed and still undergoing renovations, but you never knew it from the outside. As for the renovated areas, the hotel looks and feels wonderful both on the inside and out. No clichéd Palm Beach bright floral and chintz here. A contemporary take on comfortable British Colonial décor and Mediterranean earth tones complement this 1920s property very nicely. I personally prefer this style to either The Chesterfield or Colony hotels which I peeked in while on my visit. My take is that those hotels cater to a more yesteryear clientele.

My stay was in the off season and the hotel portion of the property was very sleepy and quiet. Rarely saw or bumped into other guests. The hip Saturday night lobby/courtyard scene which I read about on the hotel’s press page and elsewhere I think comes and goes with “season.” Even in the dog days of August though, Café Boulud and lobby bar had an easygoing buzz of activity in the evening; still decent for people watching and socializing. The one thing about the hotel that struck me as unusual was the lax security. Not that Palm Beach is unsafe - well groomed homes surround the hotel for blocks in all directions and police presence is noticeable - but a gate on the north side of the hotel off of Brazilian Ave. that lead into one of the hotel’s two interior courtyards (faaaar from the front desk; a city block) was continuously wide open day and night and doors and elevators off that courtyard had unlocked access to hallways that lead to guest rooms. This made for easy access to my room, but it was a little too open for my comfort. No noticeable hotel security staff walking the grounds. Maybe I was in for the night before it was all secured.

The room itself was well appointed and very nice, though admittedly on the snug side. I believe I had one of the smallest rooms in the hotel (400 or so sq. ft?), albeit with a king bed, wet bar, flat screen plasma TV and bathroom with separate jet tub and shower. Full disclosure. I paid a nightly $199 rate, so the room met the expectation for the rate when thinking of the overall BC experience. I got a laugh though when I looked at the published maximum rate on the door - $520 a night. That would certainly be very excessive for the size of the room. All in all though, the room had charm and looked very much like the current photos on the hotel’s Web site. The small size reinforced the character of a building built in the 1920s. Speaking of quirkiness, interior hallways were a labyrinth with all kinds of surprises…snaking around atriums and courtyards, head scratching dead ends and turns, turns, turns.

Service was friendly, accommodating and quick. I had to call for ice when I got to the room (TIP: make sure the bar on the ice maker in the Sub-Zero is turned down to start producing); an iron board and iron (not in room) and someone to come check the toilet (the handle had an issue). All minor things which were quickly attended to. The room I was staying in must have just been renovated. A little sloppy caulking around the wash basin cabinet was visible. Not terribly distracting, but there.

The hotel is very convenient to the shops and restaurants of Worth Avenue. Easy walking distance, three blocks. The beach is a walkable distance also (two longer blocks), although the hotel has Jeep service back and forth. Anything else though, you’ll need to hop in the car to travel up and down the beach or go over the bridge to downtown WPB. As I stated earlier, I stayed in August and knew it would be off-season (hence a great rate while renovations going on!), but it ended up just being too dead for my liking.

This hotel is in great hands and was wonderful to stay in.

Date of stay: August 2007
3  Thank tampatraveler2
Reviewed August 27, 2007

I just spent a long weekend in Palm Beach choosing the Brazilian Court as my hotel. My reasons for choosing this hotel were its size and the fact that Café Boulud is there as well. I was so happy that I chose the Brazilian Court for many reasons. Prior to my arrival I had been in contact with the head concierge to assist me with a few things from arranging a car and driver to meet me at the airport to reservations at Café Boulud to faxing me a copy of the services at the Frederic Fekkai salon that is also within the hotel. I was met/greeted at the airport with a wonderful service that the hotel uses exclusively (Abe’s) where Abe himself was my driver. What a lovely man! When I arrived at the hotel which is literally a 12 minute drive upon entering the hotel and arriving at check in I was greeted so warmly and friendly – that they were expecting me – all with big smiles. I had booked my hotel reservation through the Leading Hotels of the World website – reserving a one bedroom suite as the price was amazing (it is off-season in Palm Beach) and when checking in reception said they were upgrading me to a wonderful room. When I got to my room I was stunned – it was enormous – a two bedroom suite (the extra bedroom was also a television room). My “room” was really quite lovely – decorated very tastefully – mahogany wood and trimmings – lovely furniture – you could pick it up and put it in any hotel on the Riviera and it would fit in beautifully. There was a living room, dining area with sink – wine refrigerator – mini bar refrigerator, small extra bathroom, television/bed room, master suite that was huge with a lovely master bathroom. Both bathrooms have large spa tubs – whirlpools and the master bathroom also had a large marble shower stall. Each room had a tremendous amount of storage space for ones garments – master bedroom had a wonderful walk-in wardrobe closet as well as plenty of drawer space in both dresser and armoire. The room(s) was spotless, inclusive of the bathrooms. Fabulous linens on the bed and an abundance of towels. And of course Frederic Fekkai amenities in the bathrooms. My room one could actually live in for a few months quite comfortably. The hotel common areas are really quite lovely – beautiful gardens – with lots of seating outdoors as well as a very hip bar in the lobby where you can get the drink of your choice and even a little something to nosh on. Unfortunately I did not see the pool area, as the weather for myself was a little too hot and then one afternoon we did have thunderstorms – very typical for Florida. I did dine in Café Boulud for dinner both Friday and Saturday nights. Friday night I enjoyed my meal yet felt the service a bit rushed – the food was good though and they did have a very nice wine listing both glass and bottles. Saturday night my meal was excellent – I had opted for both the appetizer special as well as the entrée special – they were what Daniel Boulud is all about. I opted to try both of these dishes at the suggestion of my waiter who was excited at both choices – he was right on. I also felt the service was not as rushed – though once I finished my appetizer and was waiting for my empty dish to be removed – well it was replaced – rushed into my entrée (this happened both nights – I am one of those people who prefer to dine at a very relaxing somewhat European pace). Desserts both evenings were delicious and ended with their signature miniature Madeline’s. Their breakfast menu was good with enough choices either from their entire meal options to ala Carte offerings. One thing I will comment – the portions tend to be a bit larger that I prefer – I am one of those people who prefer smaller European portions to those of a grand scale – if you were to dine for any meal the Café Boulud you would not leave hungry. The location of the Brazilian Court is perfect – about three short blocks to Worth Avenue where the shopping is truly above and beyond what one could ever imagine. In walking about shopping one afternoon I explored the narrow little alleyways filled with wonderful shops – all very quaint and with a South of France feel. It is safe to say that Palm Beach – this area is sort of the Monte Carlo of the U.S.. One point I will state is that the hotel is not on the beach – if you are interested in going to the beach they do have a jeep shuttle service to take you if needed and they also have a house town car to take you around town as well. This area is neither for the faint of heart nor for one who is going to squabble over the cost of anything. With that in mind the Brazilian Court is a fabulous top-notch five star hotel with service that is superior to no other. I cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cissy
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We had wonderful stay at the Brazilian Court. The lay out of the hotel feels like something from the islands but very upper scale. The service from everyone was surely Palm Beach. Our room was huge with beautiful dark wood and the shower with the multiple heads was to die for. Our meeting at the Breakers was just around the corner. We walked to Worth Avenue and City Place was just 10 minutes away. Our price was very reasonable and I would stay at this hotel again. Next time I'm bringing the whole family to enjoy it with me.

Date of stay: July 2007