“Above and beyond expectations - thank you all!”

The Brazilian Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
New York City, New York
“Above and beyond expectations - thank you all!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My boyfriend booked the hotel for us to make a stop at the Palm Beach. I know he is quite picky about hotel and everything so I know the moment he picked this hotel v. other hotels. He told me he booked a regular rooms and on the date of checking in, the staff gave us the BEST room they have in the hotel, and it is not exaggeration.

Suite 233 marked the greatest memory of all luxury hotels we have stayed in. It was a 2 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom suite, with 3 balony overlooking the swimming Pool. The suite is very chic with a hint of Asian feeling into it. Very very clean sheets, very comfortable mattress with 2 pieces of chocolate on the side :), and it is honestly the most beautiful suite we had stayed in the U.S.

The staffs were SO friendly and everyone was very accommodating! We needed the concierge to help us to achieve some unbelievable thing, she worked the magic and went ABOVE expectation without ease. That made the trip just so easy and fun.

Not to mention - they have Cafe Boulud, a star restaurant inside of the hotel as well. We went there for breakfast AND brunch, you can tell how good it is.

There are so much to do in the hotel, I have yet to jump into the swimming pool (not from the balcony) and go to the private beach and I will save it for next time. They also have frederic fekkai hair salon if you need a professional cut.

Thank you everyone for making this trip so unreal :) a dream come true for a young couple!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Brazilian Court for a conference since the Breakers was sold out. I really liked the hotel. It has a very homey feel, and the rooms are liked well-furnished condos. The bathrooms have a jacuzzi tub separate from a large walk-in tiled shower. The bedroom had a very upscale feel, like it was furnished in Europe. There was a stocked refrigerator (you have to pay for the items), along with wine and champagne glasses. The bed is also very large and comfortable, and they turn it down each night with chocolates placed on the pillows. I would like a coffee maker in the room, but they do have coffee at the front desk. I did not see an exercise room, but you can always swim a few laps in the pool. There were only 3 people in the pool in the afternoon when we were there, so it was very nice and relaxing! The Brazilian Court is also close to upscale shopping such as Louis Vuitton, Cartier, etc...only a few blocks away.
I enjoyed this hotel and would return. Thanks for a nice experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FMTXtraveler
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend for my birthday. We found the staff very friendly and the room was very nice. We had breakfast at Cafe Boloud which was so-so.... eggs, toast and coffee, nothing fancy but definately pricey!! The pool was intimate and staff was always available to take orders. We enjoyed our stay very much and we would certainly go back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Southerngirl1111
Toronto
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Husband and I stayed 5 nights in a ground floor suite that opened up to the pool area.
The room was very nice, spacious and clean. The hotel staff were all curtious and always smiled, open doors, etc. The grounds were very pretty and interesting. The pool was a lush tropical paradise, although the temperature was too warm (but it was over 90 degrees all week). This hotel is a very nice 'getaway' place, especially 'off season'. Easy walk to great restaurants and Worth Avenue as well as the public beach.
Do not waste your time going to the 'beach club' at the Omphoy (sp?). Beach was not clean, no cushions on the loungers, the pool is in the front of the hotel in the MIDDLE of the traffic circle/entrance of the hotel and the entire experience was just aweful. Don't bother going. In retrospect I would go to the Ritz and use their beach facility while using their spa day pass.
The Cafe Boulud is a crying shame and should be avoided at all costs. Even with the 'free' breakfast coupons, go somewhere else. We would have given up after the second try, but being 'off season' there weren't many places open for breakfast. Cafe Boulud did not get our order cooked proper EVER in the 5 days. And we just wanted eggs. Poached or fried, they always came to the table like golf balls. Sent back and forth, they were STILL over done EVERY time. They probably cooked us in excess of 30 eggs with NONE of them cooked correctly (runny yolk, how hard is that, really??). We made notation on our bill everyday about the bad egg cooking skills without as much as a call from anyone from the restaurant. The hotel and restaurant are seperate entities, so I do not see this as the Brazilian Court's problem.
We went to dinner one night and it was sub par for a restaurant with such a good reputation. No imagination, over salted, over oily everything and boring mushroom resotto for my vegetarian husband after emailing a week in advance about his dietary restrictions and being assured that a 'special' dinner was being made for him. Do they even know how comical it is for a vegetarian to be told in that serious tone of fine dining servers, "the chef has prepared a lovely mushroom rossoto for Monsieur this evening". Seriously? Like EVERY other chef in the free world whether it's Mom and Pop's diner or this place, mushroom rosotto is ALWAYS 'the chefs special dinner'. I fully expected a little more imagination here. Regardless, I am not a vegetarian and my meal was mediocre at best.
The Brazilian Court is a lovely place to stay, and the only complaint I have is that the walls are a bit thin and you can hear noise from surrounding rooms, but this is par for the course for hotels built over 70 years ago.

Room Tip: Hotel is Great but the restaurant is pathetic.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have heard a lot of great review of the Brazilian Court and was really looking forward to stay there. I have to admit this property was over any of my expectation. From the warm welcome of the staff to the exceptional room product, I was in heaven. I really enjoy this property. Small, intimate, you feel like home, better than home. I got upgraded to the Brando suite, such an exceptional suite. The Tv in the living room is little small compare to the size of the living room, but well when you are on this kind of hotel you are not supposed to spend time in front of your TV.

1 Thank thibaut a
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 14, 2011

If this is the best hotel in South Florida, I would be hesitant to visit South Florida. Staff was eager, young and not too professional. Felt like a college frat staff. Cabs were promised in 5 minutes but took half an hour and multiple calls. Not the fault of the staff but they should know by now, it's probably longer than 5 minutes. On the second day, pressure washing started around 7:00am in the courtyard. While I appreciate the maintenance required to keep up the property, seems it could have been started later in the day. Bed was comfortable, room was nicely decorated. Wi-Fi was slow or non-existent. Impossible to do any real work using their Wi-Fi. Glad I stayed here so I don’t have to do it again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Breakers
1 Thank 40missioncrush
Clemson, SC
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This is a high-end hotel with first-rate materials and furnishings in the rooms. Courtyard decor and flora was very nice. I spent little actual time in the hotel because I was attending a conference at another site (the Breakers), so I can't really speak to things like the pool or the turn-downs, etc. My room seemed clean each night and I had no issues with front desk clerks. It was surprising that, at these rates, absolutely nothing seemed to be complimentary.
I did feel it worth a mention that, at nights when we did return to the hotel from off-site, we were generally hanging out in the smallish hotel bar where Michelle was the bartender. Pleasant, intriguing, funny, and in charge, she was excellent and deserves praise. We had a group of six where there were wide variants of personalities (mildly rowdy to incredibly reserved) for business folks, and she handled us all well and impressed.

2 Thank UpstateReviewer
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#2 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to The Brazilian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!