“Paradise for a bargain”

Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
“Paradise for a bargain”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I am very surprised that anyone had a anything but great experience. First the price to be right on beach is shockingly cheap. I found the person who reserved and checked us in was very pleasant and worked with us on price since we were staying over a week with a dog. Gave us a deal that was more than nice. The view is breath taking. Breakfast included which was a restaurant quality not to mention available till 11. Room clean. it was nice to smell bleach when walking into bath. only downfall was parking lot flooding when rain was bad but it dried quickly. TWO THUMBS UP. THANKS. GREY & AMANDA GORNDT

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank greyamanda
Guillermo O, General Manager at Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear GreyAmanda,

Thank you for your comments. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and appreciated the time taken to share this feedback with us. We are pleased that you had a nice experience.

GOrtega

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have to start off by saying, Oh my goodness!! This hotel was the WORST hotel I've ever had the displeasure in visiting. First off, the STAFF is VERY unprofessional, especially this lady by the name of Yushi, or Yooshey, or however you say it. She was very rude and disrespectful and let's not forget about Andrea as well. These people possess the most nonchalant attitudes I have ever witnessed in customer service. The room was HORRIBLE! I offered to share the pictures of the room with the Yushi lady, she flat out told me she did NOT want to see them. Like I stated before, she had the nastiest attitude and she went on to tell me that she has been doing this job for 18 years and that she knows what she is talking about and she threatened to call the police on me because I told her she had a "nasty assed attitude"....in those exact words. back to the room.....The shower did not work, the tv only had 8 channels, with 3 of them focusing on religious shows. Bugs crawled under the door all night long. the blinds did not close completely, the furniture was old, sofa had holes in it, the bed had a raunchy smell to it, and had no headboard, the lamp was leaning so much to the side that I thought it would fall over at any given moment, the toilet paper holder could not hold the roll. The entrance to the room was dry rotted with the handle barely hanging on to the door. We realized our keycard did not work, so we pulled the door just to realize that the inside mechanisms did not function at all....we were given a deadbolt key which allowed us to lock the room. We had to literally lift the door up in order for it to close. To make matters worse, it rained and the parking lot was completely covered in water, at least a foot deep. Unless you were lucky enough to park on the hill, you had to swim to get out of your car. Getting back to the customer service portion of this,......When we inquired about another room, we were told they were full and they could not accomodate us. While we were discussing the unfortunate circumstances of our room, a future customer came in to check in. She arrived 45 minutes AFTER her room was suppose to be ready. The front desk person told her that she would just have to wait. I recorded the exchange in disbelief and fortunately for us, this lady cancelled which allowed us to take her room which was a much better room than the one they stuck us in. What's the use in booking a room near the beach when there's NO BEACH ACCESS? In essence, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND MY DOG TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! This place is old, falling apart, stink, and it needs major pest control!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Therron K
Hello Therron k, Thank you for staying at our location again. I would like to apologies because you found our hotel not to your standards. All items mention in your review have been discuss with our employees and have been addressed. We hope that in the future you will give our location another try as we acquired the location over a year ago and are in the process of enhancing the hotel & restaurant.

Travelers are raving about these Palm Beach hotels

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 2 yrs ago was good..I came back for few days and the standard drop..staff was awesome..nice entertainment at the poolside..beach access was the main reason y I came back..the floor need cleaning more..I like this hotel..I will come back if some upgrading is done and beach access is restored..needs some tlc..meena k

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MEENA S
Dear Meena, Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay with us. My staff will be delighted to know they could make your stay enjoyable and exceed your expectations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our entertainment. We do have different events on different nights everything from Karaoke on Tuesday night to Steel Drums poolside on Sundays. Our stairs to the beach are currently being repaired and we hope that it will be completed by the end of August.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel stay was probably the most disgusting room I have ever checked into. Once entering the room it had a musky smell to it. The beds were cheap beds with old quilts. The lamp in the corner would not work and to watch tv you have to get off the bed and walk to tv to change channels. Breakfast is free probably because the restaraunt is being renovated and u sit in a hot box and sweat while u try to eat ur food. Don't waste your money for the $80 I spent could have found something much more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Melb013
Hello Melb013,Thank you very much for your comments and feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate that you took time out of your day to share your thoughts and experience. We will look into each of your concerns and address with each department head to ensure that items are resolved immediately. As we want to ensure that our guests stays are our number one priority. Thank you again and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed there this past Tuesday and the staff told me that the Government took away the stairs because it was turtle mating season and that is why the stairs weren't there. They even showed me a notice that looked official. However, when we walked to the patio which housed a drty pool, we did not see any turtles. Why not be honest and say that the stairs was washed away. This hotel was gross and i am being nice..... The linen was stained, the tub was dirty, there was a roach in my room so we left our belongings in the car. This place need to be demolished and please stop lying to the patrons

Room Tip: This Inn is gross, I wouldn't recommend an enemy to stay here
3 Thank Ahni B
Dear AhniB, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts and experience. We will look into each of your concerns and address with each department head to ensure that items are resolved immediately. I would like to apologies for the pool issue. We have contacted our pool company and issue has been resolved. I would also like to apologies for the confusion on the stair access to the beach. Our stairs were wash away and do to it being turtle season, our stairway installation was delayed but we are looking to finally having our stairways reinstalled by the end of August. Thank you again and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The bad reviews must be from people who stayed here whose rooms have not been renovated yet. The room we stayed at was. Brand new tiles, paint, very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bartenders were awesome. No beach access - the only downside - but the public beach is a 3 minute walk away. Free breakfast but you have to pay for your beverage (we had mimosas so we expected to pay anyway). We didn't want to leave but we do have jobs to go back to. Entertainment was awesome (steel drum band) and everyone at the pool was enjoying themselves. I recommend this place if you want a reasonable place to stay at in South Florida's paradise. We live 10 minutes away from Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn but we felt like we were miles and miles away! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Booked through Expedia. If you have a AAA card and want the discount, you have to book through the h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Guillermo O, General Manager at Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Alisha, Thank you for your candid review on your most recent stay at the Palm Beach Ocean Front Inn hotel. The most pleasing part of your review is that you felt all of the staff was very welcoming while you were on property. For us at the hotel the most important part of the guest stay is the service and hospitality, guests receive as we truly believe this is the best way to separate ourselves from the competition. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was lured by the low price of this place. They would have to pay me to go back. Everything from the roof down needs repair. Its disgusting. The repair man apparently has three tools. Caulk, duct tape, and paint . The management couldn't manage my sock drawer. DONT GO HERE ! GETTO,GETTO,GETTO, in the heart of south palm beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear George b, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I would like to apologies for your experience. We currently are in the process of having many of the building issues address as this was one of the first buildings in South Palm Beach. Thank you again for your feedback as it will help us improve our property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach
Bradley Park Hotel
Bradley Park Hotel
#9 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!