“Two bedroom suite”

and 1 more site!
Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in the two bedroom suite which is hands down the absolute nicest room in the entire place. Stepping out every morning on the balcony to overlook the Atlantic was amazing. For the price we paid, we could not have had a better experience.

That being said, the hotel is very rundown and needs a lot of repairs. Flooding is a HUGE issue. The staff was great and our stay was pleasant. We would go back but we ONLY stay in the 2 bedroom suite.

We had friends in the next door 1 bedroom suites which were not bad. The door handles need to be replaced on every room - and that would make a huge difference.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite - Room #156
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsGreek

Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a horrible experience. No access to the beach, the stairs are gone. No hot water in shower. Our room smelled terribly of mold so we had to change rooms. The new one was not much better. Refrigerators are missing, just a hole where they should be. No Wi-Fi, which they say there is. If we had not paid in advance thru a website, we would have moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank zippynow
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After we booked this hotel through Expedia, I read some pretty awful reviews on it and was VERY nervous as we couldn't get a refund. However, when we arrived I was plesantly surprised. The hotel was average. I thought I would list postivies and negatives. The positives included: the price. Compared to hotels in this area it was affordable for our income. There was an oceanview from the pool and restraunt which was incredible!! You could either sit inside or out and feel the breeze off of the water. I got up every morning around sunrise and was able to read while sitting in front of the water. I was usually the first one out there in the morning so it was very peaceful and quiet. The restraunt opened at 7:30 for breakfast and the included meal was the Surfers meal. You didn't have any choice on the meal but it was a big plate! In fact they didn't mind if we got 2 extra plates and split the meal between 4 people which was nice. Eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, potatoes/grits and 2 slices of toast. Coffe was not included in free meal which was strange but you could charge it to the room. There was an bar just inside of the restaruant with a view of the beach also. Drinks were pricey! $12 for a margarita in an average size plastic cup! However on different days they did have discounted prices on apps and drinks. A/C worked well, cleaning service was prompt.Huge shower.

Negatives: No refrigerator, or microwave in room. This was really a hardship as we had to put food in our cooler. The ice had to be replaced daily which was a pain and it was messy. I requested a fridge on Monday, they said they would see if there were any available but I never heard back from them. Apparently they can bring one in your room. There were no dressers to put clothes in and no hooks anywhere in bathroomn for towels etc. Beds were pretty hard and our room had two full size beds. Furniture was very worn and old looking. However everything was clean. TV was nice size and a flatscreen on the wall. Only mirror in room was at the bathroom sink. Bathroom was tile/granite counter top, There was a safe mounted to wall but you had to provide your own lock. They had WiFi but it was "spotty" and I had to walk just outside our room (145) to get it. THen it would often not stay logged in and I'd have to walk outside again to get it. That was annoying. Towels were thin and hard. The biggest disappointment was that the stairs down to the beach were closed. This was not mentioned on the website of the hotel. I only read it on Trip Advisor after we had booked. THere were however two public beaches either direction from our hotel but you had to drive to them.One was 2 miles away at the Casino shopping area (not really a casino) and the other about a mile the other direction. Both have metered parking lots. The casino beach was MUCH nicer. It had a few restaurants, shops and a pier to walk out on near the beach. Beach was much roomier also.

Overall it was a good trip. We were there 7 days. Probably would pay a little more next time to stay at a nicer hotel.

Room Tip: There are 3 levels. The second level near the restaurant is the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarahchapter2
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The floors in the hotel room were wet. I cleaned them with 10 towels and they were black when I was done. The housekeeper told me to keep the air on 65 and freeze in order to keep the floors dry, never heard if that before. The towels in the bathroom and the beds were also wet. They have air fresheners in the rooms to try and mask the smell of mildew and mold.We booked this room using Hotwire.com, which we only used that company twice, this will be the last time we use Hotwire they don't even check the hotels out. This hotel has no beach access because their stairs have been down for years, but if your willing to walk 5 giant hotels down you can get on the beach. The sheets have rust on them and its really nasty. Please don't waste your money here a cheap hotel stay isn't worth your health!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tamtodf
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed over the 4th weekend, the "no beach access" was a little of an inconvenience, we were forwarned.

Staff was AWESOME, breakfast was delicious, and we were forwarned that no beverage was included.

Rooms are fairly priced, I've stayed at worse in Disney. beds are VERY large and pretty comfy.

After reading reviews we brought our own sheets pillows & towels. Only used the Towels for the rest was just FINE. Not as bad as some of these reviews make them out to be.

Remember this is ocean view, so I don't understand what some of these people were expecting at this price.

We do recommend the 2nd floor past the hill, closer to everything. We were a group of 8 and LOVED sitting upstairs on the couches and lounges they had up there. Played our own music and just enjoyed the sounds of the ocean and views.

We stayed from Thursday till Sunday and LOVED it.

Food was good, maybe a little pricey on drinks/food unless it's happy hour, but still worth it.

Banana Boat is down the street for an inexpensive night out, but otherwise everything there is fine. (Bar closes at 10pm :( hence the mention of Banana Boat down the street west of Ocean Ave)

Definately worth it, we will BE BACK :) :) :)

Room Tip: 2nd floor up past Hill....bring your own towels (size wise)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My boyfriend & I just stayed here for three nights. I had booked our flight/hotel package via orbitz and the travel asst. actually called the front desk (in April) and they said the stairs/beach access would be fixed by our check in date. Well, we showed up with no beach access due to sea turtle nesting season - which mind you is March - October. There are little posts up and down the beach stating this, so it's not a TOTAL lie, but it's not the complete truth either. Without the pool deck and bar this place would be basically camping. I read reviews prior, so I did expect the worse. The location is amazing, but having the inability to just step onto the sand while it's right there is somewhat annoying. There are stairs literally next to the deck, which I did see (and my boyfriend did) hop over the fence and use quickly because the building next door is a time share/condo and the 'owners' sunbathing don't enjoy seeing transients do this. Therefore, if you want immediate beach access - you must take a 10 minute stroll down South Ocean Blvd to a public beach. The bartenders were all very sweet, and the food was pretty good; we ordered just regular pub food - grilled chicken sandwich, steak sandwich & fries. The breakfast was actually delicious & free (with your room #/signature each morning), all liquids were not included - which is a little weird, so $2.50 for a crappy cup of coffee was the trade off for delicious eggs. All and all, there is definitely no direct beach access but the view is beautiful (from the deck). Our room was dingy, but clean so I can't speak to the mold comments. There was a lot of rust and pain chipping on the building itself, but apparently it looks better now than before with the new owners. Since we paid roughly $50/night since we booked our flight as well, it was really fine. Just know what to expect and you'll enjoy the view.

Room Tip: We had a second room floor - heard the first floor is terrible for noise. Also, we noticed there wer...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Britt H
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is dangerous, and I'm surprised that the city of West Palm Beach has not yet condemned it! Chunks of concrete were actively falling from the second floor balcony to the parking lot where you enter your first floor room! Not only that, the first room we were given showed visible signs of mold and smelled so badly we had to change rooms. The second room was "ok" but the shower literally sprayed everywhere except in the shower due to corroded plumbing. I went to call the front desk about the flooding in our room, and there was NO PHONE in the room. There is no beach access and there isn't any near by either. To top it off you are charged a resort fee and seven different taxes when you check out. I don't know how this place is still operational. My hostels in Laos and Cambodia were cleaner and safer than this place. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple