“Italian @ The Breakers”
Review of Italian Restaurant

Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 90 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: So cozy, so low-key—and so secluded, you may have missed it. Down a walkway framed with greenery, housed in the Family Entertainment Center, The Italian Restaurant opens each evening for family supper, serving authentic antipasti, salads, pastas, brick-oven pizzas, seafood, and other classics­—both indoors and out. Here, family-friendly takes on new meaning. Let the kids explore the arcade and 1,000-gallon saltwater aquarium while you relax with a glass of red. Salute.
Reviewed January 14, 2015

This Italian restaurant at The Breakers is good. Nice decor and food was good with nice portions. Yellow snapper was good but a tad overcooked. Overpriced and my biggest complain was that they added 20% tip to the bill on our party of two. I would have tipped 20% but I find that this was inappropriate.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed January 13, 2015

When visiting the Breakers this is our first restaurant stop given the day's travel schedule. It affords mom and dad the opportunity to sit and have a beverage while watching little ones in the playroom.

Food is mainly pasta and heavy sauces, tasty, but not always good for the waitline. They do offer great gluten free options too, which is wonderful - breads, pastas, etc. So great to be able to eat off the menu.

The service is the star in my opinion. We are greeted warmly and all servers had smiles, seem thrilled to be there. On our last visit we dined at the restaurant twice during our 5 day stay. The second time around was do to terrible service in the Seafood Bar. After waiting 20 minutes for a server to look in our direction, with preschooler, we up and left. When we walked into the Italian Restaurant our server from days prior remembered us, our drink order, and special treats for our daughter who was very hungry by that time. It might not be super fine dining, but they make dining delicious, relaxing and enjoyable.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Terribly bland, small portions at astronomical prices. My experience here tainted my trip to the point I wanted to leave. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to pay this much and get that little.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Reasonable prices while still eating "on property" at The Breakers. Always helpful staff, decent food, great kids play area inside and outside. This is the place to go with the under fifteen crowd in Palm Beach.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed October 13, 2014

My husband and I came here because we linked HMF (another restaurant at the Breakers) so much. Big mistake. We had no idea that this is a restaurant for children. Obviously we should have checked Tripadvisor, but since we had such a good experience at HMF we thought that all the restaurants would be at least somewhat good. I have never seen a restaurant at a resort that was strictly devoted to children only in the way that this one is. It is basically a place where parents go when they can't find a babysitter. We were the ONLY people in the restaurant without children in tow, which made us feel a bit uncomfortable. Service was good and the food ok, but we could hardly hear each other over the din of children yelling and screaming, literally running around the restaurant. They gave us crayons and my husband was drawing on the napkin LOL. The pictures posted for this restaurant by management are very misleading. They need to be much clearer in messaging that this is a children's only restaurant. Seems strange though to have a place like this - I would think this space could be better used to create a special high-end Italian restaurant. Probably a smaller diner or ice cream place would be better for parents with children? In all my years of traveling, I don't remember and such a huge dining space devoted to children only at such a high end hotel. Weird.

Date of visit: March 2014