“Excellent stone crabs at Charley's!”
Review of Charley's Crab

Charley's Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley's Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 82 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hammond Avenue
Description: Palm Beach's only premiere oceanfront restaurant. The only thing that we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Stone Crabs were as good as they get. The help was very nice but a bit over-bearing. Our waitress must have visited our table 15 times to ask if everything was alright.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The concierge at my hotel recommended the Lobster Bisque, but alas we ate at Charley's Crab as part of a 20-person dinner party so it was not an option that night with the menu. Keep all of this in mind because food for large parties is not usually a good way to judge a restaurant in my experience - maybe if the banquet food is good - then you know the food will be outstanding.

The crab cakes contained real lump crab meat and were just what I wanted on a trip to the coast I ate more than I should have, but they were scrumptious. I also enjoyed the cocktail shrimp and the bacon-wrapped prawns (one can't go wrong with bacon!). They served Alexander Valley Cab to the room - much better than the standard mediocre group wine. They had more than enough staff and paid a lot of attention to us so I never wanted for anything. I ate fish and it was good, but the rice left a lot to be desired. The asparagus appeared to be small trees....maybe that's a Florida thing.

I love key lime pie but theirs lacked the tang I usually search for in my favorites. The cheesecake and chocolate cake were extremely successful with the crowd.

The surf and turf crowd left clean plates.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had Sunday brunch here and it was fantastic! Started with the dynamite scallops, then the beet salad and the crab and asparagus omlett. The food was fabulous, service outstanding, and the ocean view was the perfect finish! Do not miss this place!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We used to go all the time when Chuck and Harold were alive but after Chuck was lost at sea, the restaurant was lost at sea. Now it's owned by a large chain and we probably don't go more than once every couple of years when someone drags us there. Remember, we live across the street and eat dinner out 6 nights/week. I guess that says it all.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

As with some other reviewers, Charley's was recommended by the concierge at the Marriott Ocean Pointe Vacation Club on Singer Island where we were staying. She made the reservations for us and we got the VIP treatment others have mentioned. Flowers on the table, personalized menu's etc. The General Manager came by twice to see how everything was. She even mentioned the concierge by her name. In addition to excellent service with a choice of seating we were given a complimentary dessert - a Chocolate Truffle Cake which was just flat out outstanding. A good concierge will seldom do you wrong. My wife had banana rum glaze Mahi Mahi and I had the Hemingway Snapper. Both were super good. I started with 1/2 dozen oysters on the half shell which were outstanding and my wife had the beet salad. 2 different kinds of beets in a column separated by feta cheese. She really enjoyed it. The restaurant overlooks the beach and is across the road. It is a little pricey compared to where we usually eat but then this was right in Palm Beach - not exactly the cheapest place to visit. Even so we would gladly go back and recommend it to others who are looking for excellent food.