“Stunning dining room and excellent food”

The Circle at The Breakers
Reserve with OpenTable
The Circle at The Breakers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South County Road
Description: Start your day with breakfast in the comfortable elegance of The Circle, home of The Breakers celebrated Sunday Brunch. Choose from an extensive buffet of hot and cold selections or order from the appetizing a la carte menu.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is the prettiest dining room I have eaten in outside of hotels in Europe. It is located in a stunning circular room with painted ceiling and skylight. Breakfast here is truly a treat. My omelet and coffee were delicious and they were very accommodating to my gluten intolerance needs. I found the food overpriced, $35 a person for the buffet (which was sumptuous), but still it's a lot for a business traveler. My companion and I dined a la carte from the menu, but it was still quite pricey for breakfast.

1  Thank scoobytrips

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went here for Sunday breakfast which is served until 10AM. After that everything switches over to the very popular and expensive Sunday Brunch. We drove here and Valet Parking was free - tell them you are having breakfast or they will charge $25. The Breakers is of course beautiful, historic and really not to be missed in the Palm Beach area. A real treat! The Breakfast buffet is also in the Circle Dining Room and is $35 compared to $100 for the brunch. The Breakfast buffet is also really wonderful and has a great selection of well prepared breakfast foods, carved meets, smoked salmon, pastries, cereals, fruits, etc. Omelettes prepared fresh. Comes with fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee. A great way to experience the Breakers at 1/3 the cost of the Brunch.Take the time after breakfast to walk around the hotel and grounds!

2  Thank MangiaGuy
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The signature buffet had way too much food for us, so my wife and I ordered a la carte from the menu. We had a ten-minute wait to be seated. Very busy even though it was a week day. Once seated, we were awed by the elegance we were immersed in. A semicircle of enormous windows, two stories tall, allowed sunlight to flood the large dining room. A gigantic chandelier suspended from the center of the high ceiling. The circular center of that ceiling frescoed in themes of Italian Renaissance and ancient Greek/Roman. Lofty columns framing the dining room entrance. Three large fishtail palms in pots spread about the room. A partial view of the ocean. Seemingly all the makings of a lovely dining experience. Except for the crowd. Practically every table was taken. Lots of chatter. Dishes clanging. And no music to attenuate the noise.

I ordered the wholegrain pancakes. My wife got the Ocean Breeze Breakfast. While we awaited our entrées, the waiter brought my wife coffee. She didn't like it, saying it was "weak" and "without flavor." So she added milk. That didn't help. I tasted the coffee. It was indeed weak and missing the bold, rich flavor that I like in coffee. The blends of coffees at a Starbucks would blow this coffee away. Shame on this classy restaurant, The Circle, for bringing this insipid excuse for coffee to our table.

The entrées arrived in good time considering how busy this place was. Both entrées had good eye appeal. My pancakes were quite tasty. There were enough of them such that I couldn't finish the meal. They came topped with fresh sliced strawberries. And a small goblet of delicious yogurt accompanied this dish.

My wife's entrée was a potpourri of ingredients: orange slices, banana chips, berries, yogurt, muesli, multigrain bread, among others. My wife liked most of the ingredients.

All in all, an enjoyable dining experience.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a brunch to die for. Wonderful ellegance, fantastic service and great choice of fresh foods. It is a wonderful experience, and great to spoil yourself at.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The breakfast buffet was very expensive and the guests on the weekend were difficult - The Staff is outstanding and the food was very good but still not worth the cost.