“Not the Restaurant I Remember...”
Review of Testa's Restaurant

Testa's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 81 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Not the Restaurant I Remember...”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having met friends for drinks in West Palm Beach, (The Blind Monk) hubby and I needed a place to satiate and absorb some of the drink, we thought of Testa's a long time institution over on the island of Palm Beach. Always a great menu with many choices, great service and delicious fare.
We pulled up at 9pm, Saturday night to the Valet in hopes.. We got a parking spot and a table outside in minutes. So far so good..
Our waitress greeted us quickly and asked for our drink order. She was unaware of any martini specials or even if they had a martini menu, in fear the bartender was not training the staff I downshifted into wine. Which was unfortunate.
For appetizers I ordered mussels. They were tasty but with a thicker tomato sauce you would see on pasta, not the traditional broth. but with a nice grilled piece of bread to accompany. Hubby had Caesar which we thought had been done tableside in our memory. The salad was plain and the dressing runny. disappointing
When I order my filet mignon I asked if they could prepare an Au Poivre sauce, (peppercorn ) She checked with the kitchen and said it could NOT be done. Honestly, Peppercorn sauce which I quickly looked up on my phone is 4 - 5 basic ingredients....again truly truly letdown.
The steak did come out cooked perfectly over shoestring onion rings. I also had creamed spinach which was extremely runny.

I realize now why we were able to get that table so easily.. Too Bad.. Testa's was a treasure.

• Visited January 2014

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Location is very excellent, you can sit inside or on covered patio and people watch. We had after-dinner plans so we went for the "Sunset Menu" before 6pm. The $16.95 Sunset Menu included hot rolls with butter or olive tapinade, appetizer - we loved the eggplant appetizer, entree - most of us took the chicken piccata on pasta which was very very good, and then we had our choice of dessert and coffee. Did I mention all for $16.95? The service was far better than other restaurants I've been to lately at three times the price. Testa's has been there for 93 years and deserves 93 more.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank howiecar
Siler City, North Carolina
“Brunch after attending morning service at Episcopal Bethesda-By-The-Sea”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We attended the 11:00 am service at the Episcopal Church Bethesda-By-The-Sea; after service, we moved a couple of blocks down the street for brunch at Testa's Restaurant. The weather was beautiful and Testa's has seating inside and outside along the sidewalk. The outside was filled up so the maître d' seated us inside by the large windows looking out on the sidewalk cafe. Testa's was decorated for Christmas and the decor was magnificent. We ordered bloody mary's and shared a crab omelettea: The bloody marys were made with clam juice and crab omlette was so good. The waitress was also very nice; it doesn't get any better than this restaurant!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Mike100_13
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Perhaps Christmas Eve is not a good time to judge a restaurant. However,We were entertaining out of town guests and thought Testa's would be lovely. My husband and I arrived early but were escorted to our table to wait for our guests. We ordered a bottle of wine while waiting which did not come. When our guests arrived twenty minutes later they ordered a bottle of wine which was served almost immediately but we had to inquire where our wine was which we expected to enjoy while waiting for them. We ordered dinner. Patrons came in after us, served dinner and left. We waited over one hour for our entrees. Several times a different manager approached our table with apologies. Then when the final manager approached our table she offered to give us desert for our problems. Before bringing the bill our server asked if we would like to order desert and we explained that we were offered desert by the manager. Now none of the managers remembered this but said they would bring one desert for the table. Six of us declined the one desert. When the bill came which included 20% tip there was no way their service was worth it. We were there for 3 hours, most of which time we were waiting. The man at the next table got up to leave who we had not even been aware of until then and he looked over at our table and cursed at one of our guests and left. My guest's husband was very upset by this and followed him out to the street where a fight broke out and the police were called.
By this time that man left but the police asked my guest if he wanted to press charges which he declined. The police were very polite and shook hands with my guest. If you are entertaining guests from out of town for a lovely evening with good service and good food, Testa's is not the place to go.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Naomi G
Boston
“Solid Breakfast, Affordable”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had brunch here with a large group. It's a casual place and they were really nice about letting us all got separate checks. A lot of really good options on the brunch menu-nothing particularly impressive, but good, hearty breakfast food. Great bloody Mary.

Visited October 2013