Tripadvisor
Palm Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“A perfect Finish after the Ballet”
Review of Cafe L'europe

Cafe L'europe
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: French, Central European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food and service were wonderful. Was very difficult for me to make a choice on my entre. I finally decided on their New Zelland venison which was perfect

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (327)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

This was very mediocre. We expected more because it was more expensive than other restaurants and was in Palm Beach. So in this instance you don't get what you pay for.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank janey303
Reviewed August 29, 2019

They have a summer special, 3 course prix fixe for $55. Also no corkage charge if you bring your own wine.

For starters; hot soup du jour, Caesar salad, pate maison, or Bacon wrapped stuffed dates. We chose the Caesar salad which was very good.

For mains, Potato-Crusted Snapper, Veal Chasseur, Cappelacci Trasteverina, and Crispy Long island Half Duckling. My wife had th Snapper with Haricort Vert and a tomato beurre blanc sauce, very good.

I had the Duckling with red cabbage, on a cranberry bread dumpling and a cherry brandy sauce. A little on the dry side.

For desserts, I had an unusual frozen lemon souffle, not a traditional souffle but very good. My wife ordered the flourless chocolate cake, also very good.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

We had been here before, a number of years ago, and decided to try it again to celebrate my wife's birthday. The ambiance was very nice, and quite similar to what we remembered. We were greeted very warmly by the Maitre D', and the service throughout the meal was excellent. However, we thought the a la carte prices were quite high, so we were happy to see that they offered a prix fixe menu, offering appetizer, entree and dessert for $55, which we both took advantage of. The food was good (my wife had the potato encrusted snapper, and I had the duck), but certainly nothing exceptional or particularly memorable. I will not be in any great hurry to return.

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

The Summer Menu offers four choices among appetizers, five among entrees, and three among desserts. $55 for three courses. My wife and I shared the burata and coconut shrimp appetizers. The tomatoes in the burata were over-ripe and soggy. The shrimp was OK but with only two shrimp, was tiny as an appetizer. Both of us ordered the duck which came as a large serving of duck but was dry and over cooked. The potato pancake was inedible. I sampled all three desserts, my cheesecake, my wife’s frozen lemon soufflé and my friend’s chocolate mousse. One was worth more than a taste.

The best parts of the meal were the service and the piano player. But the food simply didn’t measure up, even it were half the price. Really poor meal.

2  Thank MarkWBoca