“Top pick for Romantic or Very Special Dinners”
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hibiscus
Description: Cafe Boulud at the Brazilian Court Hotel – one of Palm Beach’s most coveted dining destinations – has undergone a complete renovation! Experience the all new look and menu this season, just steps from Worth Avenue. The restaurant’s new design is lighter and elegant, achieved with unique touches like a shimmery ceiling made from sea shells and Pecky Cyprus, improved lighting, and warm wood flooring surrounding the glowing bar. The newly expanded bar is dramatically backlit and casts a resplendent glow through the room. It’s a must for cocktails before dinner, with an inventive new cocktail list and craft beers on tap, or enjoy the crowd and scenery; food is served at the bar throughout the day. The newly renovated terrace and private dining rooms are a destination for entertaining in style, whether for a lavish event or to host a memorable wedding day. The menu balances signature Boulud dishes and French favorites inspired by his restaurants around the world, with a spotlight on the region’s incredible seafood and produce. During the high season, jackets are preferred. Shorts and beachwear are not permitted.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have dined here twice. Each time the experience went way beyond our expectations. This year our special occasion dinner was inside and very romantic (outside is elegant and romantic). The staff was very attentive and helped us select the perfect wine with our dinner - a spiced Swordfish and a delicate main dish vegetarian dish. This is number one on our special occasion list!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely building.. oh so delightfully Palm Beach..
On a cold evening, we were seated under a tent, as the manager rcommended. It's well heated but the plastic windows are obstructing the view..If we ever comeback, we'll make ure to come on a warm evening and be seated on the beautiful patio. Lunch looks even more attractive.
The menu is just like what is on their web site, but at 7PM with a restaurant half full, several items were missing. Including from the specials. Even the wine we picked was not available..
Humm, on this class of restaurant, really?
So most of us had to order our second choice. Presentation is good but not stunning as I expected. Food taste good but not stunning..Lobster salad was average, the shrimp florida style I had were really good, but only 2 of them on my plate, not much. Same for the entees, big plates, tiny portions, nothing to write home about.
A special mention for the deserts, truly the best part of the meal..the mignardises platters is a great choice to share, and the warm madeleines with coffee are just exquisite.
The service was really nice, and we specially enjoyed the nice little mexican ladies bringing water (excellent) and bread with always a warm smile, very nice indeed.
Please Daniel Boulud..get back in your kitchen for a while and spruce up this cooking a bit...it does feel like it's on a downward routine and it would be too bad.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cafe Boulud, in The Brazilian Court Hotel, was a refined and elegant restaurant dining experience. We couldn't get a later reservation, so ate at the very early hour of 5:45 on Saturday evening, but we never felt rushed to get the later reservations in. The room had tables spaced far enough apart so you didn't have to listen to other conversations. And this controlled the noise factor as well, so that you didn't have to scream to be heard (unlike at Taboo!) The waiter was friendly and understood and reassured us that all allergies would be taken seriously - and all meals would be altered if there was any dairy in anything on the plate.

It is haute cuisine, but not necessarily very inventive. The menu is a little confusing. You can see it online, so I won't bother repeating it, but just to say that it's divided into four different "styles" - which can all be mixed and matched, but it looks like you have to order all within that cuisine. I don't know why they bother, and then have to have the waiter explain it. Not a huge issue, but just take note. The chef was quite willing to alter the meals, dependent on allergies, which is refreshing in a vey good quality restaurant. Some chefs are such snobs they think that the meal has to be presented the way THEY want, otherwise, order something else. Yes, that has happened to me more than once!

There were four of us with the following appetizers - heirloom tomato salad, fresh greens and chèvre, sunchoke and artichoke soup and roasted beet salad. All were lovely to look at and fresh and tasty. My F-I-L enjoyed the soup immensely and said it was the best soup he had ever had!

As main courses, three had the same - as recommended by the waiter - striped bass, while I had the local pompano (a white fish), and we shared a bottle of Chardonnay. Both of the fish dishes were fabulous - perfectly cooked and beautiful to look at. Really very tasty.

We actually were able to order TWO desserts with no dairy in them (absolutely incredible!) - the
chocolate soufflé, with sorbet and the pear tart. The chocolate soufflé was lovely silky and smooth, as you'd expect, but the pear tart was bland and boring.

You won't go wrong with a meal here. You'll pay for it, but you do get what you pay for!

We've been to just about every good restaurant in Palm Beach and this really is the best. Other reviewers have suggested Taboo (my review to follow) but please, it's not even in the same league!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

If someone thinks this place is good, they just got fooled by the famous chef that MUST NOT be on site because it was certainly not all what it is cracked up in advertising to be. Personally I missed out on Taboo because we thought this place would be best. Ugh!!! I don't like Salmon colored napkins, salmon colored anything. Reminds me of 1970's. Napkins are so starched they walk away from my lap. I don't like servers making dumb jokes. We had that one! The one from NY that is a dork!.I don't like hostess's dressed like 13 yr old hookers prancing back and forth past my table 27 times in 2 hours. Yes, the bathroom was dirty! The place is old feeling- like needs remodeling... and it is very loud. Yes the food is overpriced of course and expected ( the area is awesome) but the value and the quality of the food was purely not there in comparison to many many other restaurants in PB. Get rid of the staff. Change the china and the colors! Clean up your bathrooms and get an new valet service otherwise this place will be a 'has been'.

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed February 2, 2013

While staying at the adjoining Brazillian Court Hotel, my friend and I were going to have a late breakfast last Sunday. The snobby hostess curtly told us at 1030a that we would have to come back at 11, even though many people were still eating. No worries. At 1115a we came back and she brought us to a table in the beautiful courtyard, but directly in the sun. When I asked to have one of the many, many open shaded tables she insisted that those were formpeople who had reserved them (yes, all of them). Begrudgingly we took the exposed seat, suffered through service that was excruciatingly unattentive, and watched as shaded tables remained available the entire hour-plus experience. There are many fine restaurants in Palm Beach. I suggest you seek out one of the others where the people aren't disdainful of the "tourists".

4  Thank tim b