“Best Restaurant in Palm Beach”
Review of Cafe Boulud

Cafe Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hibiscus
Description: Cafe Boulud at the Brazilian Court Hotel – one of Palm Beach’s most coveted dining destinations – has undergone a complete renovation! Experience the all new look and menu this season, just steps from Worth Avenue. The restaurant’s new design is lighter and elegant, achieved with unique touches like a shimmery ceiling made from sea shells and Pecky Cyprus, improved lighting, and warm wood flooring surrounding the glowing bar. The newly expanded bar is dramatically backlit and casts a resplendent glow through the room. It’s a must for cocktails before dinner, with an inventive new cocktail list and craft beers on tap, or enjoy the crowd and scenery; food is served at the bar throughout the day. The newly renovated terrace and private dining rooms are a destination for entertaining in style, whether for a lavish event or to host a memorable wedding day. The menu balances signature Boulud dishes and French favorites inspired by his restaurants around the world, with a spotlight on the region’s incredible seafood and produce. During the high season, jackets are preferred. Shorts and beachwear are not permitted.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Restaurant in Palm Beach”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The sister-restaurant to Chef Boulud's New York restaurant, this restaurant offers the same excellent food in the beautiful Brazilian Court hotel. If the weather permits, I would recommend dining outdoors in the courtyard. Also, I have been to a wedding rehearsal dinners and parties here, and I have been very impressed by the quality of the service and food at these large events.

Visited December 2012

Fairfield CT
“Loved it”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a fantastic and fabulous lunch here for 6 of us - the food delicious, the service proper and serious. The crowd a mixture, but all sorts wonderful and civilized. A special place. Next time I'm in the area I'll plan on staying at the hotel too.

New York City, New York
“Hair in my bread!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Even though I have a very high opinion of Daniel Boulud as a chef, this was one of the most dining experiences ever. When I detected a hair in my bread/mouth the waiter happened to walk by. I told him multiple times there was a hair in my bread, but he kept misunderstanding and wanted to bring more bread. I finally had to show him the hair and without any comment he took off with my bread plate, returning 5 minutes later, blaming some bakery they get the bread from! How unprofessional and immature is that? If they serve that bread there, they need to take responsibility! All he did was offering me a slice of focaccia bread because that was being baked in house. To top it all, some manager later on stopped by, jokingly apologizing by blaming that bakery again. Nobody offered anything on the house, like a coffee or dessert, which would have been much more appropriate than blaming a purveyor.

and i don't think that tent style garden looks great--i still remember how it felt dining in that beautiful tropical setting/garden.

1 Thank german_in_nyc
Ocean Ridge, Florida
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Once again we had a great night at this charming restaurant in the heart of Palm Beach. We usually enjoy sitting in the delightful garden as we find the air conditioning inside too cold for our comfort. Tonight we came prepared for a chilly evening outside but we happy to find the garden tastefully tented and were able to secure a table close to the comfort of a propane heater. I had angel hair pasta with squash &blossoms and artichoke hearts prepared to perfection. The other four in our party were equally pleased with their selections. Being the holiday season we all felt we had had enough desserts so opted for ice cream and sorbets. The sorbets were tangy as they should be, but the pistachio ice cream was a disappointment to the 3 of us who chose it. It had no flavor at all. The small basket of warm lemon Madeline's that comes as a compliment of the house
Easily made up for the ice cream. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the area and we come several times a year.

Boston
“Perfection With a Price”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This place is wonderful...perfect wines, food and service. Grab a table in the courtyard on a lovely night and even the most jaded diners in your party will swoon. BUT all of that comes with a price...it is expensive. A great option is the prix fixe brunch..just don't plan on needing dinner that day!

1 Thank mookie61