“Surprisingly Good”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Beach
Ambassador Hotel and Spa
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed January 16, 2006

I just returned from a week at The Ambassador in Palm Beach. This is my first time staying there. I was pleasantly surprised at how well maintained the hotel was for a facility almost 60 years old. Since each hotel unit is privately owned, the decor varies and is not consistent. However, I stayed in Room 512 and found it tastelfully appointed and had a beautiful view of the blue Atlantic Ocean. I found hotel staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed the complimentary valet parking.

The restaurant, The Wild Orchid, served breakfast, lunch and dinner. I found the menu to be inspired and the food to be well prepared.

The location of The Ambassador is ideal for anyone looking for a relaxful beachfront vacation or extended holiday. Only minutes from downtown Lake Worth with many restuarants and only about 10 minutes from Worth Avenue where shopping is at its best!

I plan to return in April for another week of relaxation.

• Stayed January 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed December 30, 2005

A luxurious and exclusive oceanfront retreat for more than 50 years, The Ambassador is a relaxing and very hospitable experience as what you would expect from Palm Beach....A full accommodation hotel including,spa,beauty salon,dining room and lounge, room service,valet, and many other services not found at many hotels today....The entire staff, Board of Directors, management, maintenance, valets, etc are all "first class" people, striving to give you the best time ever during your stay....Owning several residences,(many in Palm Beach, including here at the Ambassador), I have found that its a FIRST CLASS hotel consistent to what Palm Beach has set as a standard of highest quality!!!!!ED THE PALMBEACHER

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2005

Just returned from a stay at the Ambassador. The Ambassador is a residential co op building with limited hotel services. I made a reservation for a large apartment at a reasonable price but I had no idea the condition of the hotel would be so disappointing. Very Very tired, with no love shown on grounds, in hallways, and in the public areas. Our apartment had furnishings so worn you could almost count the many people who had sat on the sofas and chairs over the last 50 years. The carpets were spotted, the apartment had a stale odor, and there were insufficient plugs(some of which didn't work). While we did have a partial ocean view from one bedroom, our view of the parking lot was better. The bathrooms were at least 30 years old. In one bathroom, the toilet was actually in front of the doorway to the shower, making it extremely hazardous to step in and out of the shower. And the shower was so tiny, it was like standing in a cavern. It was clean and tidy but a very sad way to spend a vacation in one of the most beautiful towns in America. The pool area is incredibly unattractive, with no umbrellas to shade one from the Florida sun. The entire property is almost totally bare of landscaping. Management claims that the wind is a problem on the pool deck, hence no umbrellas. What about the other hotels - why are they able to have umbrellas, trees, etc? There are no chairs provided to sit on the beach, which has been impacted by erosion from hurricanes, and the only chairs overlooking the ocean are for rent. There is a young man who manages the chair situation, making sure no one sits on a chaise who hasn't paid the $20.00 per day. When I voiced my disappointment to a gentleman at the desk, he was essentially rude, and told me to take it up with management. He had no interest in my complaints. There were others on the staff that were very pleasant and tried to be welcoming. Depending on what your expectations are, the Ambassador may or may not work for you. However, if you have any expectations of modern, up to date accomodations, some amenities, lovely surroundings with just a hint of luxury and sophistication, this is not the place for you.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed March 17, 2005

My mother and I just returned from a glorious week staying at the Ambassador Hotel. This is our second year staying at this apartment/hotel complex.

Our 2 bedroom apartment was beautifully furnished with 2 full baths and a terrace overlooking the ocean. It was heaven sitting out there with a drink watching the waves roll in.

The staff at the front desk are extremely helpful as well as the bell captains and maids. The restaurant serves decent, if uninspired food and is convenient if you arrive home and are too tired to go out again.

I heartily recommend this place; it's like having your own place on Ocean Ave. in Palm Beach!

3 Thank firenze27
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed March 13, 2005

We just returned from 4 days at the Ambassador and I agree with the previous reviews for the most part. We had a first floor roomy one bedroom apt. with an ocean view from the bedroom. The nightly charge of $285 was very reasonable for peak season in Palm Beach. The staff is incredibly nice. I swim laps and the pool was my favorite feature - very warm, large, and not crowded. This is an Apartment building with individually owned units, something not mentioned preciously. The cons: The gym was old - I wouldn't use the equipment. Most of the beach was lost in the recent "high winds", but they may get it back somehow. The lobby needs updating - it's pretty ugly. Nevertheless, the place grew on me and the next time I go to Palm Beach I would stay there if I decide not to pay double or triple the price to be at The Breakers.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank sharon2004
Reviewed November 8, 2004

I just returned from a week at the Ambassador in Palm Beach, Florida. Although they informed me that they did have some storm damage from the recent hurricanes, you would never know it! The property was in pristine condition and the staff couldn't be more accommodating.

This was my fourth stay at the Ambassador. The experience is consistently great. As an older boutique hotel, you experience the charm of a bygone era. Something traditional hotels just can't duplicate.

A new restaurant opened this season at the Ambassador. Let's just say it is fabulous! You can dine by the pool or in their beautifully decorated air conditioned dining room. The menu was diverse and very enticing.

I can't wait to go back for more of the same later this season!

• Stayed November 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2004

I stayed at the Ambassador last year and enjoyed my stay enormously. The hotel service is outstandling and I couldn't have asked for a better location. Right on the beach. The pool is great. I stayed in a two bedroom apartment - suite 508 - and will try and get the same room next time - comfortable beds, a full kitchen and beautiful views. The hotel is convenient to most everything - though the only thing to which I could walk was a GOLF course! I'll definitely be back next spring.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member