“Very disappointing will not recommend”

The Spa at The Breakers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very disappointing will not recommend”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go to the spa for an 80 minute couples massage for our anniversary. When we arrived and heard the price upon being greeted and checked in I was a bit taken back but expecting the facilities to make up for the price. $648 total ( this was for the 80 min couples massage and mandatory 20% tip added) We belong to the boca resort and get massages often, the money you pay is worth it as you have use of their amazing facilities. The Breakers Spa is far from impressive.

The greeters were nice and then an attendant was brought out for my husband and I to go to our own locker rooms. My attendant ( having a choice of two size lockers ) opens a small locker for me then asks if I want spa slippers ?! I asked for a larger locker and of course I need slippers. She pointed to another locker ( didn't even open it) and proceeded to get me slippers. I was a bit put off with the attitude.

I then asked about the facilities. Where might the sauna, whirlpool , steam room , showers etc be. I was then informed there was a steam room only, four showers and three ladies rooms. I was shocked. There were no real spa facilities to speak of here. I decided to get in my robe and take a seat as that's all there was to do Then as I entered the one of only TWO changing rooms in the first locker room area I overheard two attendants talking, say my name then laugh. Very apparent they were speaking about me and I was right there. So unprofessional.

Now for the waiting area. There is no coed waiting area so my husband and I were separated. It's small and didn't have enough magazines for the amount of clients waiting.

Our appointment time came and the massage therapist was kind and on time to greet me and bring me to my husband in the couples treatment room. It's the smallest couples room we have ever been in. He even joked he was worried the massage therapists would bump into each other. The massages were average at best. No option given for scents and the table was not the most comfortable.

After the massage my husband and I met outside and both agreed never to return as there are much better spas locally for us.

The facility is so behind the times, very subpar for what you'd expect and the price is too much for a " spa" that has no additional amenities for you to enjoy.

Traveler Tip : four miles south is the spa at the Four Seasons Much nicer and not overpriced Much better experience there and you have FULL facilities ( whirlpool, sauna etc)

Visited November 2013
9 Thank Txsgrl81

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly skilled services!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This spa is a one a year treat for the last five years. Five of us came together today and it was it was absolurely fabulous! I saw comments below about the 'hip'ness or lack thereof... I can see that the decor is more traditional. However, the relaxation room is so comfortable and the steam and shower rooms are lovely. Whatever is lacking in hip- is more than made up for in the level of service. Unbelievably detailed manicure and pedicure by Doris - and equally skilled facial with Erica. HIGHLY recommend these ladies - both at the top of the game.

Visited August 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everything about The Breakers is spectacular. Yes, the spa is expensive but if you schedule a training session, you can stay the whole day at the beach and there's value in that too

Visited May 2012
2 Thank doug100worth
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“spa was good but under construction now.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed the spa. IT was not open but they had room upstairs and I enjoyed a deep tissue hot stone massage with door to a suite open with sounds of the waves crashing on shore. Wonderful experience. I was disappointed I could not get in steam room but it was great anyway.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank lagarro
West Palm Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Second Class Spa at First Class Resort”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Let me start by saying the staff is GREAT and the prices are ok. The facility is average at best, which is disappointing considering its setting. Nice fitness area with plenty of choices for training.

They do need to get with the times....no shellac options for manicures, no massage chairs for pedicures. Not a four star place by any means, but "ok."

Visited August 2012