“Great tapas!”
Review of Buccan

Buccan
Reserve with OpenTable
Buccan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Australian Ave
virginia
“Great tapas!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had a fantastic snack at Buccan last evening. After starting with two perfect martinis we moved on the Tuna Tartar. Built on an avocado base it was excellent. Even my wife (not much of a raw fish person) liked it. We then tried the gnocchi in a very nice pesto sauce with shrimp - outstanding. We then moved to the Salmon pizza - maybe we were getting full but it was not as interesting as the prior dishes. OBTW the fries are awsome!

As stated in multiple reviews, the place is loud. Try the high-tops by the bar for more romance.

McLean, Virginia, United States
“Great food but noisy and not good for large groups”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of 13. Food was good but they forgot one of our parties' meal-- all if it. And took forever to rectify. Another had to be sent back as the pork was rare.
Very loud so hard to hear when you have your own large group. Most likely a better place for 5-6 people. And apologies go a long way when orders are goofed up--something that did not happen.

Florida
“Great food, noise is a problem”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a great dinner at this "tapas" style restaurant. Service was good, the staff is busy with a large crowd, and they got the food out in stages pretty well in a timely manner.

If you can stand a great deal of noise, this is a real treat. If not, try to have management tell you best hours so a table of four can hear each other. We could not last night. Maybe early or late is better.

The menu is very creative, and evidently the chef changes it fairly regularly. The food is above average.

Would not take a first date here, or a client in a party of four.

If you drink enough, maybe the noise is not a problem:)

Might go back sometime, if the noise level improves.

Sydney, Australia
“Food blew me away”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Buccan was modern "young"'er than some of the other restaurants in town....I'm 32 and my fiancé is 29. This was a better option than some of the stuffier establishments in town.

Food was amazing. As odd as it is to say, the brussel sprout caesar salad was my favorite, followed by the squash blossom.

The conch ceviche was nice, with some spice, and the scallops were cooked perfectly.

The plates are not that small, FYI, we definitely ordered too much food for two people with 6 plates.

As many people before mentioned, this is a good spot to people watch....some very interesting people come in to dine.

I'd come back in a heart beat next time I was in town.

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Must Go! Plan to Spend $$$”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our friends took my husband and me to this restaurant and I am still thanking them almost a week later. The food is out of this world! I think we may have ordered too much, but it was a celebration. It was our 2 year anniversary - so the champagne was flowing as was the wine.

We started with tuna tartar, steak tartar and the conch ceviche. All amazing - the conch definitely my favorite with it's slight heat from spicy chilies and the flavor of coconut in the background.

Next up Caesar Brussels sprouts, a baby kale salad with pine nuts, parmesan and currants and a goat cheese salad with beets. All divine - the Brussels sprouts are a must.

Following we had the hot dog panini (a signature dish, good - but not my favorite), the veal sweetbreads spring rolls (AMAZING), and the stuffed squash blossoms (also phenomenal).

Finally we wrapped it up with the quail, cauliflower gratin (must order!) mushroom pizza, and grilled octopus. Way too much food by that point, but it was all so heavenly. The smokiness of the quail was what had me stuffing myself to the brim.

Only note of contention: Skip the tiramisu - (watery). Get the carrot cake (amazing)!

We spent around $260 (with tip) per couple. Way too much food, I would probably order one round less - but it's worth trying everything if you're from out of town. You'll be sorry you missed out.

Service was okay. Our server seemed like she was having a rough night. Over poured one of our champagne glasses, wasn't too talkative - but she was pleasant. At the end of the meal my friend told me she called ahead to have a candle in the dessert for our anniversary which did not show - but that's not a big deal. Either way we had a fantastic time. Cannot wait until we're back in West Palm Beach and can go again.