“Always Great”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been to TooJays in several locations, and they're all always great. If you're looking for a salad, sandwich, or full course meal, this is the place for you. I love their potato salad, and always get it instead of fries. When I'm hungry for turkey, it's off to TooJays. Their turkey dinner is just like Grandma's. Their carrot cake is the best I've ever had anyplace. Many times, we'll stop by the location in Vero Beach just to pick up a piece of the carrot cake. It's rich and moist with the most delicious frosting. I like to take home a loaf of their wonderful rye bread when we visit for a lunch or dinner. The menu is huge with something for everyone. Be warned, if you want a sandwich, arrive hungry. Great food, great atmosphere, and excellent, friendly service.

1  Thank barbaragwen270
There are newer reviews for TooJay's Gourmet Deli

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had breakfast at this smaller version of the usual TooJays Deli over the July 4th holiday. The young man behind the pastry counter greeted us with a big friendly hello and also said good by and wished us a great day. The lady that appeared to be either the hostess, the manager, or both, never said a word even though we walked by her on the way out. She was actually working paperwork in the booth behind us most of the time we were there. She was standing at the hostess stand when we left. I do have hospitality experience and was not convinced that she was the best person for this position. Employees, even if they are in a supervisory position should not be sitting in the first booth by the window, especially during prime breakfast hours. That booth should be available for customers.

The food was fast and fresh. I had the waffle with the strawberry topping. I was pleasantly surprised to have a hot waffle with a side dish of fresh ripe, sliced berries instead of the sticky sweet ice cream topping that is more syrup than fruit. My husbands said his French toast was good. I would suggest that they garnish the plates some, though, even for breakfast.

Our server was friendly and really attentive. Our coffee cups were refilled without waiting and, above all- the check came right on time. I can't give it all 5 circles because of the lady who appeared to be in charge. If she is clueless, there is bound to be a breakdown somewhere. Overall, the service and food were both excellent.

2  Thank JulieKJ
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the place for great corn beef and deli sandwiches. It is a very famous place and you might have to wait a little on lunch hour. The service is very friendly and the portion are generous...2 ladies can share.

2  Thank Lucie M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

TooJay's is a great Florida deli tradition. No way to go wrong with a hefty deli sandwich that includes Pickle, Cole Slaw, excellent Steak Fries and creamy Dressing! ($9.95 for a Reuben) Lots of a great sandwiches and dishes on the extensive menu. My Reuben was very very good. Not the most tender Corned Beef that I have ever had, but still tasty and enjoyable.

The Matzo Ball Soup is off-the-charts!!!! Fresh Carrots, wonderful broth and an outstanding giant floater! Great service.....I ordered a Diet soda and he immediately brought me 2 huge sodas. The server was on it.

Love this place! My replacement for the old Wolfie Cohen's in North Miami!

2  Thank RoadTripper516
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Toojays is a local deli chain. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Palm Beach county as the food is always great. I had stopped going to the Palm Beach Toojay's location because there was a time when the service at this location was rather rude and unhelpful - a bit of a turn off. I recently met up with friends at this location and had a wonderful time. We had a super waitress which makes all the difference. I enjoyed the Palm Beach Toojay's so much that I went back two more times in the last month. Each time we had a different server and each time the service was terrific! Maybe they went through a bad spell with management at this location a few years back but today they are doing well. Great food & great service make the Palm Beach Toojay's a wonderful, reasonable dining option on Palm Beach.

3  Thank Sarah R